The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I still think we're a long way from being confident the other squad options ahead of Nesbitt and co are better.

We're understandably putting the likes of Kai Kennedy in because we haven't seen him be bad, rather than we have seen him be good.

I wouldn't be surprised if we were still starting Nesbitt in November. 

23 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Unless we see an enormous upturn in the basics of playing football by continuing to play/employ the aforementioned players each Saturday, or some good loanees in soon, I can only imagine how this will go down with the majority of support. 

So what's wrong with Kennedy? We haven't even seen him play yet.

On 09/08/2022 at 07:16, Senor Bairn said:

Think we can all agree it's definitely embarrassing. Hope to god the two that are injured aren't out for long and our two new boys can provide something up top. 

Surely they can't be any worse than what we have already 😂

Oh they are..

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Who knows. He doesn't seem to have been fit long enough at any of his loan spells unfortunately to give anyone a proper chance of seeing what he can really do.  Time will tell but I just hope pressure isn't put on him to be the saviour of our season when he finally does return.

4 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Will give Kennedy every chance to show what he can do but if we take on board the opinions shared on him by Raith & Dunfermline fans, he's unlikely to be consistently good.  

Young players rarely are never mind young wingers. 

5 hours ago, Springfield said:

Unless we see an enormous upturn in the basics of playing football by continuing to play/employ the aforementioned players each Saturday, or some good loanees in soon, I can only imagine how this will go down with the majority of support. 

What is concerning is that our 3rd game is as good as a must win.

We desperately need to get the season up and running.

Guest Caractacus Potts
43 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Ryan sinnamon.

Chris Smith. On the flip side though- Zak Rudden, Mark Miller, Darryl Duffy. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

7 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

I specifically said exactly that. He's become an accepted better option than Nesbitt purely because he hasn't played.

Now he may very well be better than Nesbitt but thar jury has to be out until he proves it.

That's the point. We have raw unproven options to replace Morrison, Oliver, Alegria and Nesbitt.  Now all 4 are shite so there's a good chance the new signings will be an improvement but that's very much unproven until we see them deliver. They might be worse. 

Edited by FalkirkBairn2021

36 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I specifically said exactly that. He's become an accepted better option than Nesbitt purely because he hasn't played.

Now he may very well be better than Nesbitt but thar jury has to be out until he proves it.

That's the point. We have raw unproven options to replace Morrison, Oliver, Alegria and Nesbitt.  Now all 4 are shite so there's a good chance the new signings will be an improvement but that's very much unproven until we see them deliver. They might be worse. 

Aye,  apologies mate,  I just  qouted your post to give some context to what Springfield was saying and should have said so. 

6 hours ago, Kircer bairn said:

Is that you confirming that both injuries are long term 

MCKay walked out of the stadium on Saturday unaided I believe. Not sure on PJ but if the rumours on the keeper from Forest are true it suggests it doesn’t look great. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

MCKay walked out of the stadium on Saturday unaided I believe. Not sure on PJ but if the rumours on the keeper from Forest are true it suggests it doesn’t look great. 

Pj left on crutches, so not great and with Hogarth rumoured I doubt he’ll be out for a couple of weeks cause you could get an emergency keeper on loan.