The Falkirk FC Thread

Yet again the failures from last season are haunting us. McGlynn won't be able to do anything this season when he's got to try work with that shite. I reckon Jean would skip past Hetherington with ease, she'd also put up more of a fight than Nesbitt.

Edited by FFC 1876

6 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I've been more passive in the past, but whoever starts slating players and manager again after this is nothing short of f**king eejit.

We've had hypothetically good players and managers and everyone that touched this club in recent years turned to shite. We are/were rotten at the core. The only way forward is stability, do NOT dare start another full-squad turnover in January/June.

We haven't had a fucking clear out. That's the problem!!!!

Guest Ecosse83

First half = anything decent we done was through Morrison

2nd half = done f**k all no Morrison on the park

Full time = Morrison is useless

Give your fucking heads a wobble!! 

I genuinely don’t know where we go from here, it’s early doors but last seasons shitebags look like sprinkling their shit dust all over us again this season. We are toothless in attack, lack fight in midfield and today looked shaky in defence. We are an utter fucking gang.
We do however need to give McGlynn time, he has been dealt a honking hand by having to try and work with a squad littered with Holts f**k ups.
Holt will be having a wee smile to himself tonight. F***ing p***k.

This is what happens when you appoint a series of unproven youth coaches doing their work experience instead of actual football managers and allow them to fill the squad with absolute garbage year after year.

If McGlynn can dig us out of this he deserves a knighthood.

1 minute ago, Ecosse83 said:

Ah yes the same Morrison who every shot he takes is straight at the keeper or 10 yards high or wide

12 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I've been more passive in the past, but whoever starts slating players and manager again after this is nothing short of f**king eejit.

We've had hypothetically good players and managers and everyone that touched this club in recent years turned to shite. We are/were rotten at the core. The only way forward is stability, do NOT dare start another full-squad turnover in January/June.

Sorry, but Hetherington, McGuffie, Nesbitt and Morrison have been a stable midfield group for a good while now, and it’s not John McGlynn’s fault that they choose once again to let down anyone and everyone who shows a bit of faith in them.
Early season table shows us 9th, and on that showing, that feels about right.

I hope McGlynn gives Paul Smith free rein to read a few of them their horoscopes. As a support, we keep on letting them get away with it (those players). Time to draw a halt to it. 

Edited by Duncan Freemason

2 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Morrision was fucking stinking. Its his job to attack and score goals. He had a handful of chances to do so and failed every fucking time. His finishing is shameful.

Not sure what to make of that TBH. At 1-0 down we were arguably the better side. Referee gives a corner when Martin was nowhere near the ball and shocking defending at the corner, 2-0 and we fell apart. 
i liked the look of the Lawel, not sure about the other lad. Early days. 
mcguffie, Nesbitt and Morrison - please someone take them, please.

injury to the keeper a real worry. 

1 minute ago, Gaz said:

This is what happens when you appoint a series of unproven youth coaches doing their work experience instead of actual football managers and allow them to fill the squad with absolute garbage year after year.

If McGlynn can dig us out of this he deserves a knighthood.

Think this is the largest part of the problem but McGlynn did know the situation he was inheriting, the expectations and by all accounts was vey happy with the playing budget. There’s no excuse really for a performance like that in the 2nd 45 today. 

Difficult to sum that one up.

In control for much of the 1st but passed up chances and were punished.

Airdrie offered little IMO and thought McGuffie was decent and Morrison wasteful. Service to Alegria was poor and when he did get in behind he fluffed the setup.

2nd half the ref went all in on having a 'mare and gave them a hand they probably didn't need and blew the wind out any possibility of a comeback.

Hetherington and Nesbitt not cut out for the graft needed I'm afraid - which we all knew but hopefully McGlynn realises now.

For me, after that but the second half especially if I never see Nesbitt, McGuffie, Hetheeington or Morrison again that would be grand.

It's just way, way too easy to waltz past the first 3. And Morrisons finishing/end product today was embarrassing.

All of that being said, the first half wasn't bad in terms of team performance.

But there are serious alarm bells when a team lose all sense of shape and discipline the way we did in the second half there.

6 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Tell me about all the good things Morrison done in the first half and how he converted all they chances he had as I seem to have missed that. He is as mince as the rest of last seasons duds.

Donaldson was rank rotten today, looked seriously poor on the ball and struggled against their striker. Hetheringtons performance was on par with that against Queen’s park last season. Alegria, Morrison, McGuffie and Nesbitt were utterly chronic. Hope for a speedy recovery for PJ cause Martin is dreadful. 2 new boys were meh. Very serious task for McGlynn to turn that team into a winning one.