The Falkirk FC Thread

14 minutes ago, Springfield said:

As said no expert in running a football club,  and my comment simply referred to the bod guys maybe having difficulty finding time. What was the set up before the new bod were appointed. 

We're not really any different from every  other club I would think. Probably having to put in more time just now to get the mess left by the last lot sorted out but I can easily see it consuming a decent amount of anyone's time.

57 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

What we need is a strong independent Chairman to conduct meetings and to knock heads together as and when required.

Do you favour a more authoritarian approach, as opposed to consensus-driven?*

*not sure what kind of process is currently in place, merely replying to your statement.

I don't know Doug Moodie personally but the fact he's liking people's negative posts on the facebook announcement for me shows he probably wasn't cut out for it. I don't have a clue what's went on but that screams of petulance and we really don't need that in our boardroom at the moment. 

From memory there were two candidates for the FSS director position when Doug won the vote so maybe the other candidate will step forward again. I also didn't know the other candidate but I'm sure he was retired so would maybe have a lot more time to give.

Edited by FFC 1876

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

I didn't and don't know Doug Moodie personally but the fact he's liking people's negative posts on the facebook announcement for me shows he probably wasn't cut out for it. I don't have a clue what's went on but that screams of petulance and we really don't need that in our boardroom at the moment. 

From memory there were two candidates for the FSS director position when Doug won the vote so maybe the other candidate will step forward again. I also didn't know the other candidate but I'm sure he was retired so would maybe have a lot more time to give.

Negative or accurate? Until fss let the members know what's gone on to lead to him resigning we won't know.

23 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Do you favour a more authoritarian approach, as opposed to consensus-driven?*

*not sure what kind of process is currently in place, merely replying to your statement.

Authoritarian is the wrong word.

On a football clubs board, you are going to have people who are/have been successful in their careers and probably have strong views about their areas of expertise and also about other people’s area.

In my view, without a Chairman who sets the agenda and runs the meetings, our set up is a recipe for disaster.

In fact, it is terrible corporate governance.

12 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I don't know Doug Moodie personally but the fact he's liking people's negative posts on the facebook announcement for me shows he probably wasn't cut out for it. I don't have a clue what's went on but that screams of petulance.

That’s a hell of a leap to make. I don’t know if he has liked “people’s” or a single person’s post on FB, but to say he wasn’t cut out for it based on that and that alone is stretching things a bit.

Remember too that this FB like (I don’t do FB) came after he had resigned from the Board. I would be interested in anyone coming up with evidence of him being unsuitable for the role or being petulant during his spell as a Director of FFC, but I won’t hold my breath on that one.

18 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

That’s a hell of a leap to make. I don’t know if he has liked “people’s” or a single person’s post on FB, but to say he wasn’t cut out for it based on that and that alone is stretching things a bit.

Remember too that this FB like (I don’t do FB) came after he had resigned from the Board. I would be interested in anyone coming up with evidence of him being unsuitable for the role or being petulant during his spell as a Director of FFC, but I won’t hold my breath on that one.

Is it though? We're not currently working with a chairman in place which means all the board need to work together collaboratively in order to make decisions that will hopefully be for the best of the club. We've been talking for months about us fans pulling together in order to pull our club out the dirt, he's resigned and he's straight onto the facebook announcement to like a negative comment before anything's really been said about why he's resigned.

What kind of message does that send about pulling together?

Edited by FFC 1876

32 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

On a football clubs board, you are going to have people who are/have been successful in their careers and probably have strong views about their areas of expertise and also about other people’s area.

In my view, without a Chairman who sets the agenda and runs the meetings, our set up is a recipe for disaster.

In fact, it is terrible corporate governance.

Thanks. Does anyone know: is there an SFA/SPFL requirement to have an official chairperson/point of contact in place? Would be surprised if there wasn't.

5 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Back to footie does anyone know how the under 18s got on last Friday v St Johnstone?

Finished 4-1 to St Johnstone, we went 1-0 up in the first half but second half they completely dominated with Liam Craig barking at them from the side. Carroll and Connolly came off at half time and we never really looked the same after it.

Edited by FFC 1876

43 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Because that worked well with Deans, Lang and Co

9 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Finished 4-1 to St Johnstone, we went 1-0 up in the first half but second half they completely dominated with Liam Craig barking at them from the side. Carroll and Connolly came off at half time and we never really looked the same after it.

👍

2 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Did either of the two boys on loan at Shire or Bo’ness feature 

Nope just Connolly and Carrol in the first half, but the other two would have had a game on the Saturday so that'll be why they didn't play.

Bo'ness play at home tonight and from what I can see Walker's started every game for them.

3 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

Really cant care less about who sits on what chair or who stole the last cake i just want a good football team playing in Falkirk colours

Sorry, but the 2 go together. An incompetent, disorganised board leads to incompetent managerial appointees signing incompetent players.

We need a competent board all pulling together.

14 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Because that worked well with Deans, Lang and Co

They were very much executive hands-on Chairpersons.

What I was imagining was more of a Campbell Christie model where the Chairman doesn’t do a lot but rather runs the meetings and co-ordinates the activities of the executive directors.

Anyway, that’s my ideas.

Clearly something has gone on to lead to Doug’s resignation, which I’m sure will come out in the fullness of time. 

There has been an unusual number of resignations over the last few months and the lack of stability with the FSS positions is particularly concerning.

Personally I’d like to see an independent chairman (who is not a patron) come in to provide a bit of leadership and accountability.