The Falkirk FC Thread

20 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I don't think anyone is writing him off, but in the brief glimpses of Alegria he looks a bit lightweight, Wilson we all know is dugshite, so your hoping this guy is either  great find and not another Ompreon. We cannot afford the latter. That'd be my worry. 

Exactly- I hope he does well but to me when our current 3 striking options aren’t exactly inspiring, we can’t afford what will presumably be our last striker signing to be a guy who’s never scored a professional goal.

Yeah I think the main problem is we're so short up front we need to be signing a guaranteed starter. 

Someone we can look to start 30 odd games and contribute. This doesn't seem that sort of signing. Neither does Allegria.

More options from the bench. 

It's obviously the hardest area of the park to recruit for though.. and the most expensive. I don't envy the manager his job here. How do you convince quality forwards to play in L1. Unless you throw silly money at them. That's what we need though.. somehow. 

25 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Another good episode of Falkirk daft this week, shame about the old Mccann hating codger of a guest right enough but otherwise an enjoyable listen.

Another good listen but I did find the faux man of the people schtick at the board being asked to wear a suit in the directors box at away matches bizarre.

It’s hardly an outrageous ask for people representing the club. Far more important things to worry about.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

You can be perfectly willing to "give someone a chance" whilst, at the same time, also being sceptical about their ability and quality. The two positions are not mutually exclusive, despite what many on here seem to believe. As with Alegria, I'll be keeping my expectations of this guy very much on the low side. Over the past few years, certainly going  back to at least the Hartley and Mitch abomination of 2018, our track record with this type of left-field/unknown/never been near a first-team signing has been absolutely disastrous. Maybe he'll break the mould. Or maybe not.

McGlynn has done pretty good work in terms of defensive recruitment. The attacking side seems a hell of a lot more scattergun. I've zero confidence in any of our third final options, be they last season's leftovers or the likes of Oliver and Alegria who have been brought in this summer. This latest signing is another punt, and personally I'm surprised he's taken it given how poor we already are in that area. The only "bampots" are those desperately trying to convince themselves otherwise. I doubt we'll be bringing in much else, so really, he's going to have to be pretty decent. We'll see.

38 minutes ago, AGPar said:

You can be perfectly willing to "give someone a chance" whilst, at the same time, also being sceptical about their ability and quality. The two positions are not mutually exclusive, despite what many on here seem to believe. As with Alegria, I'll be keeping my expectations of this guy very much on the low side. Over the past few years, certainly going  back to at least the Hartley and Mitch abomination of 2018, our track record with this type of left-field/unknown/never been near a first-team signing has been absolutely disastrous. Maybe he'll break the mould. Or maybe not.

McGlynn has done pretty good work in terms of defensive recruitment. The attacking side seems a hell of a lot more scattergun. I've zero confidence in any of our third final options, be they last season's leftovers or the likes of Oliver and Alegria who have been brought in this summer. This latest signing is another punt, and personally I'm surprised he's taken it given how poor we already are in that area. The only "bampots" are those desperately trying to convince themselves otherwise. I doubt we'll be bringing in much else, so really, he's going to have to be pretty decent. We'll see.

This.

In true " bampot " mode i trust McGlynn. Not even Aberdeen fans had really heard of Finn Yeats and he looks a find. McGinn will have an idea about the new signings abilities so it is not as much of a punt that it could be. Its the hope that kills you in the end!

4 hours ago, AGPar said:

I am not saying he will be but no one had heard or Lyle Taylor when we snapped him up. Similar age and profile to Taylor. Let’s just wait and see but you would hope he has something about him as we will be paying accommodation as well as wages I would assume. 

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

I am not saying he will be but no one had heard or Lyle Taylor when we snapped him up. Similar age and profile to Taylor. Let’s just wait and see but you would hope he has something about him as we will be paying accommodation as well as wages I would assume. 

Lyle Taylor

Years Team Apps (Gls)
2007–2009 Millwall 0 (0)
2008  Eastbourne Borough (loan) 4 (1)
2009  Croydon Athletic (loan) 4 (0)
2009–2010 Concord Rangers 37 (23)
2010–2012 AFC Bournemouth 29 (0)
2011  Lewes (loan) 6 (2)
2011  Woking (loan) 5 (1)
2012  Hereford United (loan) 8 (2)
2012–2013 Falkirk 34 (24)
2013–2014 Sheffield United 20 (2)
2014  Partick Thistle (loan) 20 (7)
2014–2015 Scunthorpe United 18 (3)
2015  Partick Thistle (loan) 15 (3)
2015–2018 AFC Wimbledon 131 (44)
2018–2020 Charlton Athletic 63 (32)
2020– Nottingham Forest 57 (7)
2022  Birmingham City (loan) 14

(5

Rumarn Burrell

Years Team Apps (Gls)
2019 Grimsby Town 4 (0)
2019–2022 Middlesbrough 0 (0)
2021  Bradford City (loan) 2 (0)
2021–2022  Kilmarnock (loan) 6 (0)
2022– Falkirk 0 (0)

True, we had heard of neither Lyle Taylor or Rumarn Burrell but there the similarity ends.

Lyle Taylor had been banging them in for Concord Rangers when he was 19 -20. Can't see anything akin to that in Rumarn Burrell's playing past.

Anyhow, I hope that he has been signed to go straight into the first team and that he bags himself a hat-trick on Saturday. We can't afford another project signing, either literally or figuratively.

C'mon Rumarn!

Guest Brockvillenomore
20 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Lyle Taylor

Years Team Apps (Gls)
2007–2009 Millwall 0 (0)
2008  Eastbourne Borough (loan) 4 (1)
2009  Croydon Athletic (loan) 4 (0)
2009–2010 Concord Rangers 37 (23)
2010–2012 AFC Bournemouth 29 (0)
2011  Lewes (loan) 6 (2)
2011  Woking (loan) 5 (1)
2012  Hereford United (loan) 8 (2)
2012–2013 Falkirk 34 (24)
2013–2014 Sheffield United 20 (2)
2014  Partick Thistle (loan) 20 (7)
2014–2015 Scunthorpe United 18 (3)
2015  Partick Thistle (loan) 15 (3)
2015–2018 AFC Wimbledon 131 (44)
2018–2020 Charlton Athletic 63 (32)
2020– Nottingham Forest 57 (7)
2022  Birmingham City (loan) 14

(5

Rumarn Burrell

Years Team Apps (Gls)
2019 Grimsby Town 4 (0)
2019–2022 Middlesbrough 0 (0)
2021  Bradford City (loan) 2 (0)
2021–2022  Kilmarnock (loan) 6 (0)
2022– Falkirk 0 (0)

True, we had heard of neither Lyle Taylor or Rumarn Burrell but there the similarity ends.

Lyle Taylor had been banging them in for Concord Rangers when he was 19 -20. Can't see anything akin to that in Rumarn Burrell's playing past.

Anyhow, I hope that he has been signed to go straight into the first team and that he bags himself a hat-trick on Saturday. We can't afford another project signing, either literally or figuratively.

C'mon Rumarn!

Concord are the 6 or 7 tier. So his record in the Middlesbrough age categories should also be added. IMHO. 

4149C9DD-173E-4C13-BF72-29B16FFED8F3.jpeg

Episode 2 out now & this one is dedicated to Euan Anderson 💙. Thanks to everyone who watched or listened to episode 1 so far, well over 1,000 of you 👏🏻

Podcast will land weekly every Monday evening reviewing the previous match, latest news & previewing the next match. This one was timed perfectly with a signing mid recording 😂

12 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Episode 2 out now & this one is dedicated to Euan Anderson 💙. Thanks to everyone who watched or listened to episode 1 so far, well over 1,000 of you 👏🏻

Podcast will land weekly every Monday evening reviewing the previous match, latest news & previewing the next match. This one was timed perfectly with a signing mid recording 😂

Watched it last night and again it was excellent. Great having something like this for the fans. Being an older dude it’s my first experience of the podcast world, it’s  like having One F in Falkirk/Ruperts Roar on the telly 😁 well done to all involved 👏👏👏

Edited by Harry Kinnear

Guest Brockvillenomore
8 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Another good listen but I did find the faux man of the people schtick at the board being asked to wear a suit in the directors box at away matches bizarre.

It’s hardly an outrageous ask for people representing the club. Far more important things to worry about.

I really enjoyed it. There was a lot there but you do contradict yourself by singling out a personal view on dress code then saying there are far more important things to worry about.  You’re the one picking out one harmless anecdote in an hour plus section, dusting down your thesaurus and commenting on it 

Edited by Brockvillenomore
Spelling was honking.

Guest Ecosse83
Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It’s almost as if some of our fans want Rumarn Burrell and Alegria to fail so they can say ‘I told you so’. Let’s just give the manager a chance to do his job and wait and see how Burrell and Alegria turn out.

Took the words out my mouth. Just because folk haven’t heard of him he must be no good. I’ll trust Mcglynn on this one not some roasters on P&B 😂