The Falkirk FC Thread

58 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Hope he remembers to bring his boots!!

So many great Stainrod moments for people that saw this wonderful player in a Falkirk jersey.

Here is one of mine.

Away to Raith Rovers ball had got cleared from a Falkirk attack and kept possession. God was just in side the box slightly to the right  with the Raith Center Half tight behind him. As the ball got chipped towards him he stuck his big arse into the CH putting him off balance took two steps forward cushioned the ball on his chest it dropped down and he knocked it back up with his right thigh spun and hit it on the drop with his left foot into the top right hand corner. 

All this was done in a few seconds - what a goal - what positional sense - what skill - what vision it was genius.

To be fair to the Raith fans there was a fair round of applause from them as well and a good proportion of their fans in the stand stood up to applause such skill, nice touch that.

6 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

So many great Stainrod moments for people that saw this wonderful player in a Falkirk jersey.

Here is one of mine.

Away to Raith Rovers ball had got cleared from a Falkirk attack and kept possession. God was just in side the box slightly to the right  with the Raith Center Half tight behind him. As the ball got chipped towards him he stuck his big arse into the CH putting him off balance took two steps forward cushioned the ball on his chest it dropped down and he knocked it back up with his right thigh spun and hit it on the drop with his left foot into the top right hand corner. 

All this was done in a few seconds - what a goal - what positional sense - what skill - what vision it was genius.

To be fair to the Raith fans there was a fair round of applause from them as well and a good proportion of their fans in the stand stood up to applause such skill, nice touch that.

Loved Crunchie but Simon was the best player I’ve seen in a Falkirk jersey. He could do things with the ball that others could only dream of and he turned bang average players around him into good players

Must admit, I never get going into a season with glaring omissions in the squad, and hoping to come good after half a dozen games by bringing in decent loan players.

I suppose this is the pot we piss in now. With our woeful first game of the season record, it’s not hard to understand why.

Just got to hope M&S can find a way to get points on the board from game 1.

I’ve got the start of season confidence buzz about me but then I had that last season and see how that worked out. I honestly feel though we will have more about us under McGlynn and Smith and we will be far tougher to beat. I just worry about where the goals are coming from.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

7 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

That's Connell, Jamieson and now probably Mochrie signing elsewhere, disappointing. 

Formation depending but ain't we awash with centre mids, I rate Mochrie but I think one would need to go out if we were interested in him.

7 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Must admit, I never get going into a season with glaring omissions in the squad, and hoping to come good after half a dozen games by bringing in decent loan players.

I suppose this is the pot we piss in now. With our woeful first game of the season record, it’s not hard to understand why.

Just got to hope M&S can find a way to get points on the board from game 1.

Haven't you just described Montrose above ?

They seem to get decent loans in that make them tick and I'm sure isn't costing them much as some full time teams prefer them to go to a part time team and still spend time with them too playing in their development squad.

I personally think we have went after x y z and not got them in. We are not alone by all accounts.

Rory McAllister at 35 by stats could be seen as the best striker in the division. Nothing against Rory but it shows there is a lack of available talent down in league one.

The January window could be the most important window this season