The Falkirk FC Thread

28 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Williamson & Morrison simply not good enough. 

Williamson yep, Morrison , behave. A good coach will have him making better choices. I think McGlynn is a good coach so he will improve him.

Incidentally, a wee word for Jamie "Jaime" Wilson today who got stuck in and got involved in a few decent moves. Well deserved his "I love you Wilson!" from the KMS at the end 😄

7 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Couldn’t be more chuffed that we’ve topped that group. Well deserved from front to back in the team, the management, off field staff & the fans. Feels like their is a togetherness coming again. Let’s hope this is our season, every faith in McGlynn. 

Agreed. Was very impressed with the support the KM stand offered the team today. I felt I was the only one moaning and fretting haha

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

10 hours ago, Russ said:

There’s a c**t in the middle of the Kevin McAllister stand who at least twice already has said we’re not any better than we were under Sheerin.

We really don’t deserve any nice things.

2 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Agreed. Was very impressed with the support the KM stand offered the team today. I felt I was the only one moaning and fretting haha

Found you.

YARN | I knew they would take that as an admission of guilt. | The Hardy  Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries (1977) - S01E10 Mystery of the Fallen Angels |  Video clips by quotes | 343f8784 | 紗

Apart from the opening ten minutes, didn’t look like we’d loose the game, and McG strike was a decent bit of class. 
Looked comfortable throughout. Agree with the support from the KM stand, and a far more positive attitude throughout the stadium unlike last couple of seasons. Great to see Donaldson getting game time and slowly getting a team together. For me seeing M&S on the pitch with the team prior to kick off, and the continued eye level pitch encouragement, reminds me of JJ reign, compared to the static imposters we’ve had in place. Already mentioned Williamson & Morrison, for me McKay looks like a new signing. Yes a stray pass or two, but his overall play is miles ahead of the player last season.
Just below two thousand is a very healthy number for a pay game, and with the club announcement of 2200 STs, looks like we’re shy of around one hundred from last season, which is quite incredible.

Fingers crossed we can get our hands on a RB and a recognised CF and we won’t be far away.

9 hours ago, Brockvillenomore said:

The solution is not to run out of money, it would be 1998 all over again. The club can only live within the budget and achievable revenue numbers, while watching costs. This is what the board told us they’ve done. 

You’ve summed up the dilemma the club has faced since we got relegated, irrespective of the division we’ve been in. 

Last season was the chance. £750k in the bank and the opportunity to build a decent squad from scratch. A lost opportunity 

I see Margaret red dotted your post. 

We look really solid. Which is exactly what was needed. We'll organised and really professional for the first time in years.

But we are badly short creatively. No confidence in any of the forward options and we had better be keeping a lot of clean sheets. 

Light years ahead of last season though.

Guest Brockvillenomore
1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

I see Margaret red dotted your post. 

Sorry. Why Margaret? You’ve lost me. 

It’s strange what people like and dislike isn’t it. Nothing offensive or inaccurate in that post. 

11 minutes ago, Brockvillenomore said:

Sorry. Why Margaret? You’ve lost me. 

It’s strange what people like and dislike isn’t it. Nothing offensive or inaccurate in that post. 

Think he means Margaret as in Margaret Lang! After some of the bizarrely negative stuff said poster put up about the FSS and the patron group. 

Guest Brockvillenomore
Just now, LatapyBairn. said:

Think he means Margaret as in Margaret Lang! After some of the bizarrely negative stuff said poster put up about the FSS and the patron group. 

Ah! Okay. Cheers. That makes sense now. 
As the comment that got disliked was mainly about the £700+k the board had in the bank this time last year and then wasted perhaps the poster should be renamed as a Gary, Gordon, Colin or Ronnie. Unless Phil and Carrie post here PMSL. 

14 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

I'm really trying not to be cheeky or rude here but if you think Oliver is poor and Alegria looked promising today then I think we're watching different matches.

We have conceded one goal in four games to win the group. Really solid defensively which is a great place for start. Worth remembering we were missing four through injury or suspension today and the club have said they're still hoping to bring more in. We're doing the basics much better already and should improve as the season goes on. Roll on next Satu

He just won't do for me as the loan striker, in the 10 or out wide he'd be absolutely fine as he can continue playing the same way, getting wide and linking the play but as the loan striker you need to be in the box otherwise who's getting on the end of any crosses. 

Anyhow still another striker and a winger to come in, Mochrie would be ideal as he can play out wide or as the 10. 

6 minutes ago, CammyDick said:

the borderline bullying people into silence who offer up even mild criticism of the club is something that needs nipped in the bud very quickly. even more so if this bullying is coming from close friends of the ‘new regime’. 

Bullying 😂. The website needs attention I agree but the constant going on about it is boring - that is my point 

The website is terrible. Perhaps wrongly I'd say it declined hugely when Connor Park left.

Buying tickets is a dreadful UX/DX and that's the most important bit. The rest of the site is also abysmal . We don't need a Gartner or Deloitte to come in and sort it either - it's pretty basic stuff.