Jump to content

The Falkirk FC Thread


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

A couple of things not mentioned here from last night's meeting that are fine for public airing. Kennedy injured himself in the Aberdeen game and it was after that the hernia diagnosis was made - so when he was signed the injury was not apparent. Henderson's hamstring was a second degree tear so we can expect 3 to 6 weeks recovery. The management team felt that Alegria was the type of player who could run beyond the opposition backline - which is not Oliver's game - and is fast, they had asked the Thistle manager about him and were told it was a matter of confidence, if he scores then they think he will go on  to score more but Rangers have asked for him to be given time to heal his foot before playing. 

The managerial masterclass before the questions was fascinating - an hour of McGlynn showing how they analyse the opposition and prepare our team to face up to our opponents, including pretty dynamic formations and movement when we have the ball. It was bloody impressive - if you have never played professional football then I think you would have learned a lot from that hour.  He also spoke of how important man management was to him and to get the best out of players - including taking an interest in the player's home lives. It smacked of professionalism and insight and it made me much more optimistic for this year. I think we have the right manager at last.

Gutted that Henderson's out for that long...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 to 6 weeks isn't as bad as I feared for Henderson. He's only 25 so hopefully his recovery time is on the shorter side of that estimate as he has looked quality in his two fleeting appearances.

Good to hear that we are still in for a RB and a striker which are the two positions we need. I like Oliver but he probably isn't going to get us the goals we need - might be an option in the no. 10 role? 

Will be interesting to see what Alegria (and eventually Kennedy) can do as all of McGlynn's signings have looked a big improvement so far 

 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

A couple of things not mentioned here from last night's meeting that are fine for public airing. Kennedy injured himself in the Aberdeen game and it was after that the hernia diagnosis was made - so when he was signed the injury was not apparent. Henderson's hamstring was a second degree tear so we can expect 3 to 6 weeks recovery. The management team felt that Alegria was the type of player who could run beyond the opposition backline - which is not Oliver's game - and is fast, they had asked the Thistle manager about him and were told it was a matter of confidence, if he scores then they think he will go on  to score more but Rangers have asked for him to be given time to heal his foot before playing. 

The managerial masterclass before the questions was fascinating - an hour of McGlynn showing how they analyse the opposition and prepare our team to face up to our opponents, including pretty dynamic formations and movement when we have the ball. It was bloody impressive - if you have never played professional football then I think you would have learned a lot from that hour.  He also spoke of how important man management was to him and to get the best out of players - including taking an interest in the player's home lives. It smacked of professionalism and insight and it made me much more optimistic for this year. I think we have the right manager at last.

Any word on Donaldson and Brad McKay? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

A  He also spoke of how important man management was to him and to get the best out of players - including taking an interest in the player's home lives. It smacked of professionalism and insight and it made me much more optimistic for this year. I think we have the right manager at last.

Does he take any interest in a player's home life before he signs them? 🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

3 to 6 weeks isn't as bad as I feared for Henderson. He's only 25 so hopefully his recovery time is on the shorter side of that estimate as he has looked quality in his two fleeting appearances.

Good to hear that we are still in for a RB and a striker which are the two positions we need. I like Oliver but he probably isn't going to get us the goals we need - might be an option in the no. 10 role? 

Will be interesting to see what Alegria (and eventually Kennedy) can do as all of McGlynn's signings have looked a big improvement so far 

 

Mcglynn only mentioned looking for a winger and a striker, we'd all love a right back but I think the poster who mentioned it has just misheard what Mcglynn said. Especially as he made a point of pointing out we had 8 defenders on the books when he normally is used to working with 6. 

Mcglynn said he feels they've improved the defence a lot since he's came in with us only losing 1 goal in the competitive fixtures and that was a penalty. Even joked that they've done that without even having half the defenders we have in the team on the park. Talked about the importance of giving the players in front of the defence the confidence to go play with the knowledge they have a solid base behind them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh and they were full of praise for the youngsters they have signed up from the development squad but said they are unlikely to play until we are 3 or 4 goals up and they can risk them on the park. McGlynn thought Pearse Carroll was a real find and can carry a ball with huge confidence for a young man.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

I think Oliver would suit a partner up top with him. He does well at holding the ball up for the wingers but lacks the pace to get in behind defenders. 

Back when he initially signed I think this was always the intention however us not have any other option up top with the squad being so thin he’s had to play Oliver in that strikers role throughout pre season. Oliver will almost certainly occupy one of the three positions in behind the striker when McGlynn gets his full squad together and available IMO.

Edited by LatapyBairn.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

Donaldson was back training with the team in the warm up at Bonnyrigg - and will resume training today. Might be available for Saturday. McKay I don't know.,

Mckay was also meant to be back in at training today.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

Mcglynn only mentioned looking for a winger and a striker, we'd all love a right back but I think the poster who mentioned it has just misheard what Mcglynn said. Especially as he made a point of pointing out we had 8 defenders on the books when he normally is used to working with 6. 

Mcglynn said he feels they've improved the defence a lot since he's came in with us only losing 1 goal in the competitive fixtures and that was a penalty. Even joked that they've done that without even having half the defenders we have in the team on the park. Talked about the importance of giving the players in front of the defence the confidence to go play with the knowledge they have a solid base behind them.

Thanks for clarifying.

Tbh I'd also be happy with a winger and a striker as our two final pieces of business, especially as Kennedy is out for two months.

As McGlynn says the defence has looked good so far even with several players missing and being forced to play McCann/Yeats/Mackie out of position along with 4th choice CB McKay getting plenty of game time.

Some more quality in the final third and we won't be far away imo 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

Donaldson was back training with the team in the warm up at Bonnyrigg - and will resume training today. Might be available for Saturday. McKay I don't know.,

McKay is suffering from shock as he has been told he has had some positive reviews on P&B

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another high quality output from the club website. Falkirk v Clyde matchday guide with a map of Bonnyrigg’s ground.

Does no one proof read these things?

May seem picky to some but it’s all about standards and the quality of our website/media outlets leaves a lot to be desired and is put to shame by most other clubs in this league.  

D2DC344C-D7B8-408B-9A06-F9FF8408A5B1.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Thanks for clarifying.

Tbh I'd also be happy with a winger and a striker as our two final pieces of business, especially as Kennedy is out for two months.

As McGlynn says the defence has looked good so far even with several players missing and being forced to play McCann/Yeats/Mackie out of position along with 4th choice CB McKay getting plenty of game time.

Some more quality in the final third and we won't be far away imo 

Yeah he was pointing to the fact Yeats can play right back and also mentioned Henderson can move into midfield if we need it(whenever he's not injured) so a winger and another striker seems sensible. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...