The Falkirk FC Thread

14 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I’d have Telfer back tomorrow tbh if the alternative at number 10 is Nesbitt all season. It’s a clear downgrade if that’s going to be the case Imo.

I don't rate Nesbitt, McGuffie or Hetherington sadly it looks like we are stuck with them for another season. Telfer deserved to go at the end of last season aswell, there's no doubting he has ability but it's all too fleeting. It'd be interesting to know if McGlynn has even tried to jettison some of them. 

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

It’s a given that all teams from top to the lowest leagues are looking for strikers.

Scunthorpe get Jack Hamilton on loan from Livi, sums up who/what is out there. 

It’s Hartlepool he’s off to but definitely some a Scunthorpe in change of them🙂

28 minutes ago, Springfield said:

It’s a given that all teams from top to the lowest leagues are looking for strikers.

Scunthorpe get Jack Hamilton on loan from Livi, sums up who/what is out there. 

It’s Hartlepool he’s off to but definitely  a Scunthorpe in change of them🙂

Edited by gav-ffc

25 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Never a world beater, but the fact we played a youth striker up front ahead of him last season is laughable.

Made worse  now that our striking options are Wilson, Oliver and an injured Alegria who was dugshite at Partick last season. 

11 minutes ago, Ross B said:

I was sitting near the back so couldn't hear everything that was said, no mics being used.  Both of the management team came across very well. John gave us a look at the presentation and information they give the players before the hibs game, the opponents strengths and weaknesses, players and areas of the park we can exploit. They take into account who the ref is i.e. can he be influenced if you pressure him. Very detailed stuff. He went through the team talk pre hibs and what the game plans were. 

They're still looking to add a forward and right back. John spoke about how by having better defence this season he's hoping will give us a stronger base and give confidence to players playing further up the field. I could feel how much john mcglynn cares and how much work and effort they put in. He said "I don't want to be managing in league 1, I want to be managing in the premier league"and feels we're the club he can do that with.  Paul made a point of mentioning how much the players appreciated the support they got at hibs game. I enjoyed the night. I think we're in good hands. 

Thanks for the brief, happy to have confirmation that we’re still to add a RB and a CF. 

5 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Attacking midfield is my concern in that case. At least 2 (most likely 3) of Nesbitt, Mcguffie and Morrison won’t do imo.

Agreed. I certainly wouldn't be waiting around on Kennedy either. 

Edited by ebobsboy