The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83
1 minute ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Morton did us a wee favour by winning on penalties

Not really. We still need a point, expecting Morton to best Bonnyrigg by a good few goals. 

6 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Callumn Morrison is absolutely enfuriating to watch, constantly makes the wrong decision when it comes to the final ball. I didn't think we were horrific tonight compared to some of the performances we witnessed last season but by god we're short all over the park.

I’ve said in previous posts that this guy serves a performance every ten or so games, any decent offer I’d take in a minute.

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I’ve said in previous posts that this guy serves a performance every ten or so games, any decent offer I’d take in a minute.

Last week v hibs had the ball down the corner he fired a shot about 15 yards wide and hibs had a chance right after, nae brains sometimes.

If we can’t beat Clyde to get into the knockouts then we don’t deserve anything, 50k minimum prize money plus potential tv and gate monies on the line. 

These games are putting in great foundations for the season to come.  Still managed to stay pretty solid even with 3 left backs in the defence. Winning the group would be a fantastic achievement for a league one club and yet some folk still aren't happy.  Once everyone's signed and fit then let's judge the side properly . At the moment we're doing pretty well considering injuries and the fact we still have squad places to fill.

Just now, gav-ffc said:

Last week v hibs had the ball down the corner he fired a shot about 15 yards wide and hibs had a chance right after, nae brains sometimes.

If we can’t beat Clyde to get into the knockouts then we don’t deserve anything, 50k minimum prize money plus potential tv and gate monies on the line. 

A draw does us on Saturday. Don't even need to win the shootout.

3 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Coaches these days forever talk about analysis, sit him down infront of a screen tomorrow and make him watch every chance he fluffed. The shot from about 30 yards out that he clearly doesn't have in the locker was my least favourite. Oliver was screaming at him for not cutting it back for the one he nipped inside the right back after a Mcginn pass over the top.

Not conceded from open play since the Killie game also. 3 friendlies and 3 league cup games I’d say that’s good going bar the penalty tonight.  

edit to add forgot about Aberdeen game at weekend.

Edited by gav-ffc

It was a poor performance overall although we started well but got really nervous when Henderson went off. I felt that we were sucked in to playing the way Bonnyrigg wanted us too as we fell to their level. I thought young Sneddon did well when he came on although he made a few mistakes in the 2nd half. 

There were a lot of wayward and over-hit passes particularly by Morrison and Nesbitt who I thought were both very poor. I'm not convinced by the goalie either, rooted to his line at set pieces and doesn't inspire much confidence in his defence. Oliver played quite well as did McCann, McGinn and Yeats, although Hetherington looked like last season's version.

I'm quite surprised that Bonnyrigg were allowed entrance to the league with that pitch. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it before and it must give them a big advantage in many games as they're obviously used to playing on it. 

13 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

And you sign Alegria? Lol

McGlynn's signings so far have been ok so he has to be trusted, with Oliver for me being the meh one. These last two loan signings I have to say don't fill me with confidence just going by what fans on other threads are saying but who knows if he can get a tune out Brad McKay then you never know. If that's us done in terms of strikers then I'd be worried but I think there will be another one or two in yet. The fact that there isn't more outgoings might be the  bigger handicap. 

The main thing that matters is that we get through the group to get the £50,000 prize money.  That could bring in a player, maybe two.  Sign of the times.  Every season before this one I have wanted us to win for the sake of winning.  Now it's to bolster the club finances.  Never thought I would consider that.

Guest Caractacus Potts
34 minutes ago, Jackie Myles said:

Only 1500 at the game tonight too 1000 below capacity and yet they only give us 500 tickets. Do clubs want to make money these days?

Hibs could say the same about us to be honest! Sure we could have made quite a bit extra from them had we maintained an overspill section in the Main Stand. 

18 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Hibs could say the same about us to be honest! Sure we could have made quite a bit extra from them had we maintained an overspill section in the Main Stand. 

Hibs only sold out their end about 2 hours before kick off so additional stewards/ segregation etc in the Main Stand would have cancelled out any money from tickets. However Bonnyrigg could have easily given us another 100 without consequences. It's still a cracking home turnout by them but well below their 2400 capacity 

Guest Caractacus Potts
12 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Hibs only sold out their end about 2 hours before kick off so additional stewards/ segregation etc in the Main Stand would have cancelled out any money from tickets. However Bonnyrigg could have easily given us another 100 without consequences. It's still a cracking home turnout by them but well below their 2400 capacity 

Would they not require segregation too?