The Falkirk FC Thread

36 minutes ago, Trump said:

No idea what type of striker Connell is but scoring 8 goals for that East Fife team last year looks a decent return.

Henderson scored well for Alloa. Can’t believe he’s still at Hearts at 22. Would imagine they’d prefer a Championship club to loan him to.

Again imagine Hamilton would be Championship at the lowest.

Know nothing about Jamieson.

Be interesting to see who else out there is still available on a free. Likes of Telfer and Mutch still without a club at this stage, as examples.

I wonder if the Fifers might take a punt on Mutch.

He’s not great but still better than Mehmet.

11 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I wonder if the Fifers might take a punt on Mutch.

He’s not great but still better than Mehmet.

I was thinking the exact same thing the other day, there's not many teams left with just the one first team goalkeeper up here. Bit of a fall from grace given just a few years ago there were rumours of Swansea scouts coming to watch him.

25 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I got slated for having the cheek to say I didn't rate Mutch,he was ok and nothing more.He will make a back up keeper at best.

We have had worse and we have had better keepers,it was the correct decision to release him.

Absolutely and although prone to great shot stopping, his awareness around the box was poor which includes set pieces. Also heard he was one of the highest earners.

I wonder how many of our signings were identified by the scout that's working for us (his name escapes me) and how many are McGlynn's. I would find it hard to believe that some suitable strikers have not been identified by a scout working for us since the start of the year. 

5 minutes ago, Ross B said:

I wonder how many of our signings were identified by the scout that's working for us (his name escapes me) and how many are McGlynn's. I would find it hard to believe that some suitable strikers have not been identified by a scout working for us since the start of the year. 

Identifying is the easy bit though I'd say. Getting them to sign for a league one side that's been a shambles for the past few seasons is the difficult bit. I've no doubt that we will be in negotiations for a few but when it comes to loans I reckon it'll be after the league cup.before you start to see top flight clubs finalising their squads . Many are still getting players in and will.want to have new signings confirmed before moving others on.

2 hours ago, Trump said:

No idea what type of striker Connell is but scoring 8 goals for that East Fife team last year looks a decent return.

Henderson scored well for Alloa. Can’t believe he’s still at Hearts at 22. Would imagine they’d prefer a Championship club to loan him to.

Again imagine Hamilton would be Championship at the lowest.

Know nothing about Jamieson.

Be interesting to see who else out there is still available on a free. Likes of Telfer and Mutch still without a club at this stage, as examples.

I think Jamieson was on loan at Caley and Clyde last season and I can't recall him scoring many goals. Although he possibly may have scored for Clyde against us not that it's any great shock. 

I would leave that thought well alone. His performance as a manager and a Sporting Director is now pretty much set in stone. Nothing whatsoever to be gained by anyone hounding him for trying to earn a living (especially when it’s not as a pro football coach/manager/DoF).

Leave it be.

21 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I would leave that thought well alone. His performance as a manager and a Sporting Director is now pretty much set in stone. Nothing whatsoever to be gained by anyone hounding him for trying to earn a living (especially when it’s not as a pro football coach/manager/DoF).

Leave it be.

How very sensible of you and normally I would agree but after all the damage he caused and his arrogant way of justifying means I have very little sympathy for him.he probably got a cut of his sons severance pay that he would have helped negotiate 

3 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I got slated for having the cheek to say I didn't rate Mutch,he was ok and nothing more.He will make a back up keeper at best.

We have had worse and we have had better keepers,it was the correct decision to release him.

I can still remember commenting how he was a mistake/goal every other game after him throwing the ball in the net verse Arbroath.

He couldn’t keep his concentration and unfortunately if you are consistent at that you are not going to go any further.

I hoped he would get that out his system as he gained more experience, wasn’t to be.

Edited by Sarcastic Bairn

2 hours ago, Ross B said:

Alan Fraser

Mutch was good with the ball at his feet, but not nearly as good as he thought he was! His performances were summed up in a pre-season game (I think) when he miscontrolled the ball while trying to do something clever with it then conceded a penalty when he brought down the attacker that took it off his toe. He then, of course, promptly saved the kick!

10 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Mutch was good with the ball at his feet, but not nearly as good as he thought he was! His performances were summed up in a pre-season game (I think) when he miscontrolled the ball while trying to do something clever with it then conceded a penalty when he brought down the attacker that took it off his toe. He then, of course, promptly saved the kick!

That was Forfar