The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Pretty sure the Queens Park fans weren't that impressed with McBride last season IIRC. He signed a two year deal with Blackburn in 2020 so assume he is now out of contract there? A shame as he was meant to be a cracking prospect, probably should have stayed with us

Also surprised we've not sold out our allocation for this yet, especially after the result against Hibs 

1572066373_ScreenShot2022-07-17at16_02_49.png.e56b6e584bcd6192f35829c6dceb1cc9.png

I remember being told a while back it wasn't his ability getting him all these moves, it was his old man. So doesn't surprise me one bit he didn't do anything at queens park last year.

20 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Interesting that the bookies do not make us favourites to beat Bonnyrigg on Wednesday night.
Fail to pick up at least two points and Hibs will be above us going into the final games….

I know we have been on a slippery downward slope for many a year, but I cannot imagine McGlynn & Smith allowing things to slip further.

I don’t buy into it being “the Falkirk way” to beat Hibs then screw up against Bonnyrigg. The “Falkirk way” of late would have been to lose 0-4 against Hibs, and then draw 1-1 against Bonnyrigg, and lose the penalty shoot out.

Screwing up on Wednesday would effectively be a suicide note for several full time football careers.

4 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

With the Jambos close to signing Shankland wonder if McGlyn is able to max his contacts to loan a striker

Quite frankly, I am amazed that the Shankland bubble is still intact.

I know we have been on a slippery downward slope for many a year, but I cannot imagine McGlynn & Smith allowing things to slip further.
I don’t buy into it being “the Falkirk way” to beat Hibs then screw up against Bonnyrigg. The “Falkirk way” of late would have been to lose 0-4 against Hibs, and then draw 1-1 against Bonnyrigg, and lose the penalty shoot out.
Screwing up on Wednesday would effectively be a suicide note for several full time football careers.

Point is Bet365 have both teams at 7/5 against over 90 minutes so they appear to think a draw is the likely outcome.
Would it be a surprise on our part not to beat them on their own patch?…

I'd be more confident about Wednesday if we managed to bring in another striker, that being said it's exactly the kind of game Morrison, McGuffie and Kennedy should be running riot in. Barring any injuries I reckon we'll see the below.

Morrison
Yeats Mckay Henderson Mackie
McGinn Hetherington
Mcguffie Nesbitt Morrison
Oliver

35 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Could be misplaced optimism but believe we will win on Wednesday night pretty comfortably & agree with the Rose manager on YouTube earlier that they will need Falkirk to have an off night to cause an upset. 

The only difficulty could come through our lack of firepower.

4 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

I'd be more confident about Wednesday if we managed to bring in another striker, that being said it's exactly the kind of game Morrison, McGuffie and Kennedy should be running riot in. Barring any injuries I reckon we'll see the below.

Morrison
Yeats Mckay Henderson Mackie
McGinn Hetherington
Mcguffie Nesbitt Morrison
Oliver

Very harsh to drop MCCann the way he’s played in the games so far, he’s been excellent. Mackie has also been very good at center back. 

2 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Very harsh to drop MCCann the way he’s played in the games so far, he’s been excellent. Mackie has also been very good at center back. 

I agree & think it will be the same team which started against Hibs with Hendrrson returning to bench along with Williamson after his Covid isolation.

Also would not be surprised if a coupe of players added by Wednesday evening including a striker & cente midfielder. 

Having watched the Rose/Hibs game yesterday, they look defensively extremely determined and organised, so if we go a goal down it will properly suck to get back on top.

If we score first we should have enough to see it out with few concerns. Kevin Smith got a great goal but he's done at our level, and the least said about McGachie the better.

A bit of a marker in the sand for me. The teams of late would normally be shitfesting this type of game, however suspect  M&S will want this game put to bed as early as possible, and maybe a chance to give some players game time. Hoping the next few days confirm at minimum a decent striker in.