The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, G51 said:

Smallkirk fans thinking they could land Tony Weston 不不不

Sevco since 2012. 1 Scottish Premiership league title and counting.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

53 minutes ago, FFC1965 said:

One of the barriers to me investing more individually is the asking price of 40p a share.

Remember that the initial patrons proposal https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/FFC-Fan-Ownership-QA.pdf- January 2019 so before relegation to L1 - was based on 33p a share. How much value has been destroyed since then? A lot.

I get the fact that shares in Falkirk FC are something of an illiquid asset and putting money into a football club is at least as much a donation made from the heart than it is hard nosed investment. However if you factor in the series of financial calamities since the initial patrons proposal then 40p a share really is fantasy land stuff.

40p a share is the price that the Rawlins bought in at, the share issue was set up around those same terms as part of the three legged stool idea.

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn. said:

There are still unsold shares available for this at minimum purchase of 瞿400, I dont think the club can actively advertise the sale of shares (something to do with company law) but they most definitely welcome any fan wanting to invest. If you are interested email the club and get in touch with Gordon Wright who I think deals with that side of things. Although for what its worth I do think the FSS is a better mechanism as it allows a large block of shares to be controlled by the fans giving us a real influence, where as individuals with tiny shareholdings really cant have a proper influence other than being able to attend the AGM and ask questions.

There must be work around whereby the FSS or simply a fan can advertise them? Thats effectively being done now however a driven approach outside the club to market it could be a lot more successful at selling them and create more investment. Maybe could be done even within the FSS!?

If all FSS members bought 瞿250 worth of shares for instance then it would continue to build the fan ownership model albeit without adding to the FSS pot. Just a means in which to boost finance and put more shares amongst fans.

1 hour ago, FFC1965 said:

One of the barriers to me investing more individually is the asking price of 40p a share.

Remember that the initial patrons proposal https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/FFC-Fan-Ownership-QA.pdf- January 2019 so before relegation to L1 - was based on 33p a share. How much value has been destroyed since then? A lot.

I get the fact that shares in Falkirk FC are something of an illiquid asset and putting money into a football club is at least as much a donation made from the heart than it is hard nosed investment. However if you factor in the series of financial calamities since the initial patrons proposal then 40p a share really is fantasy land stuff.

Can the club reduce the price?

Wouldnt change much other than the FSS or others getting more bang for their buck and as you say it shouldnt be unexpected given the current circumstances. As you say too it might appeal more to people getting X number more shares for their 瞿500 or whatever it may be.

11 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Can the club reduce the price?

Wouldnt change much other than the FSS or others getting more bang for their buck and as you say it shouldnt be unexpected given the current circumstances. As you say too it might appeal more to people getting X number more shares for their 瞿500 or whatever it may be.

Its just a number game in the great scheme of things. Buying shares in FFC is an emotional investment rather than a financial one. Does it really matter if you are buying in at 40p a share or 50p a share. In reality your 瞿500 gives you hee-haw other than the right to attend the AGM. To have a few less shares if the price is 50p rather than 40p is irrelevant.

27 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Its just a number game in the great scheme of things. Buying shares in FFC is an emotional investment rather than a financial one. Does it really matter if you are buying in at 40p a share or 50p a share. In reality your 瞿500 gives you hee-haw other than the right to attend the AGM. To have a few less shares if the price is 50p rather than 40p is irrelevant.

Wouldnt matter to me but I can see the point.

It is a numbers game as you say but if the numbers on the other side put people off buying then reducing the value would be beneficial if it got more people investing. 瞿500 worth of shares at any value is still 瞿500 to the club but if lowering the share price encourages more people to buy then it could help increase the number of investors.

Edited by Van_damage

Smallkirk fans thinking they could land Tony Weston
It's a good job your sneering at the idea of a loan to a league 1 team isn't inconsistent with your fantasy arguments in favour of Colt teams in League 2.....

Also, your club died and we saved ours.

52 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It's a good job your sneering at the idea of a loan to a league 1 team isn't inconsistent with your fantasy arguments in favour of Colt teams in League 2.....

Also, your club died and we saved ours.

This will hurt his brain!

2 hours ago, G51 said:

Smallkirk fans thinking they could land Tony Weston 不不不

Dont mind other fans having a dig at us, but OF fans just dont have that right.

Edited by Harry Kinnear