The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83

Was told earlier that we offered Sibbald very good money and was close to signing until Dundee Utd came in. Hopefully that means the funds are still there for a few good signings. 🤞

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Becoming a personal trainer must have done him wonders as he looked absolutely ganting at Hibs and Dundee.

No idea but he was like a man possessed yesterday. Doran hit a shot in the first half that completely wrong footed the keeper and it was about to nestle in the net then he dove from out of nowhere and managed to deflect it wide.

Guest Brockvillenomore
1 hour ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

Glaringly obvious from your posts you were either part of the past failed regimes that has taken us to our worst league finish since 1978  or you were a collaborator or sympathiser. Having a pop at folk trying to sort out this mess is tedious and petty. Get the feeling you want this new setup to fail, so inturn the club fails. There are some out there that bitter they'd accept that.

Sad to say I agree. The tactics are simple avoid the detail, resist responding to specific requests, deny / defy / dismiss. All emotion and subjective unsubstantiated speculation........... that's my thesaurus worn out now, first time its seen the light of day for years. 🤣 the facts are the BOD have a job to do, the objectives of FSS, the Patrons, the former MSG, ST holders, and PATG punters are the same. Why a handful are quibbling based on perceptions, who is in that group, who isn't in that group zzzzzzz....... we're all in this together, surely? 

Shite as yesterday's performance was, it does give us a really good chance of getting out of this group. And we could do with the money.
Beat Clyde and Bonnyrigg and that should be that. 
Incredibly at this level that might be enough to fund a player.

Nah there’s 1 less second place team qualifying due to the extra team in Europe so 8 points isn’t going to be enough. There will be teams not qualifying on 9 so we won’t have a chance with 8 if we got there.

It's not as if I didn't explain this literally yesterday. 

8... no chance, well, extremely slim.

9... normally will do but this year even tougher.

So we'll probably need to win all 3 remaining games (one on pens will do) to guarantee progress with 10.

23 minutes ago, Brockvillenomore said:

Sad to say I agree. The tactics are simple avoid the detail, resist responding to specific requests, deny / defy / dismiss. All emotion and subjective unsubstantiated speculation........... that's my thesaurus worn out now, first time its seen the light of day for years. 🤣 the facts are the BOD have a job to do, the objectives of FSS, the Patrons, the former MSG, ST holders, and PATG punters are the same. Why a handful are quibbling based on perceptions, who is in that group, who isn't in that group zzzzzzz....... we're all in this together, surely? 

We should be

2 hours ago, Russ said:

Nah there’s 1 less second place team qualifying due to the extra team in Europe so 8 points isn’t going to be enough. There will be teams not qualifying on 9 so we won’t have a chance with 8 if we got there.

Really no reason why Celtic have been given a bye this season. The group stages of the champ league don't start to mid September so it's not as if this competition is going to get in the way. Them playing in the group's would've meant they could keep the same format as before in regard to qualifying.

Really no reason why Celtic have been given a bye this season. The group stages of the champ league don't start to mid September so it's not as if this competition is going to get in the way. Them playing in the group's would've meant they could keep the same format as before in regard to qualifying.

I don’t like the OF but you can hardly give a bye to teams finishing below the champions and still ask the champions to qualify.
Talk sense……

I don’t post on here much but seriously are people still questioning the motives of patrons who are also FS’s?  These are people who have put a chunk of money as well as regular payments. Forget the three legged stool analogy, guess it was just an attempt to explain to simpletons, maybe I also can be described as such but aren’t they all just true Falkirk fans putting money in the club. Just like our local Falkirk fan sponsoring the shirts, getting insults over the logo. If it carries on next year I’ll sponsor the shirt logo and it will be reminiscent of a dickhead, which sums up a few on here

It’s Falkirk fans. Infighting is what we do best.

21 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I don’t like the OF but you can hardly give a bye to teams finishing below the champions and still ask the champions to qualify.
Talk sense……

The whole reason they get byes is to allow them to concentrate on their European games.It's got nothing to do with league positions as  A championship side could win the Scottish cup and that would get them a bye despite them being a whole league below other premiership sides.  If it's not clashing with any euro fixtures then why should they get a bye?

Edited by Jackie Myles

36 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Anybody know if there was any move on clause built into Jay Fulton’s transfer to Swansea as strong rumours of him going to Reading 

10% apparently but it doesn’t sound like he’s going to be moving for a particularly large fee if anything at all. Reports are the club is trying to offload him after falling out the team under a new manager. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Guest Brockvillenomore
1 hour ago, RuncornBairn said:

I don’t post on here much but seriously are people still questioning the motives of patrons who are also FS’s?  These are people who have put a chunk of money as well as regular payments. Forget the three legged stool analogy, guess it was just an attempt to explain to simpletons, maybe I also can be described as such but aren’t they all just true Falkirk fans putting money in the club. Just like our local Falkirk fan sponsoring the shirts, getting insults over the logo. If it carries on next year I’ll sponsor the shirt logo and it will be reminiscent of a dickhead, which sums up a few on here

Please post more 👏

I'd score the new board 7/10 so far. 

On the plus side they binned Cones early doors, got shot of Holt, brought in an excellent manager this summer and communication has been better.

On the negative side Rennie was a fucking terrible appointment, the embarrassing missives trying to pretend he wasn't failing miserably were awful, we havent managed to offload much of the shit and we haven't yet recruited much better talent than we had before. 

I think overall they've been a success so far 

45 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I'd score the new board 7/10 so far. 

On the plus side they binned Cones early doors, got shot of Holt, brought in an excellent manager this summer and communication has been better.

On the negative side Rennie was a fucking terrible appointment, the embarrassing missives trying to pretend he wasn't failing miserably were awful, we havent managed to offload much of the shit and we haven't yet recruited much better talent than we had before. 

I think overall they've been a success so far 

We have a back four and a keeper that are a big improvement. Front four needs addressing. If nothing else this season we are gong to be much harder to beat. Still time for McGlynn to clear some shite and recruit better up top

I don’t think everyone in a demanding job should be broad brushed out of contention. That would be a helluva dismissal of some serious talent.
As a full time nurse in mental health I certainly could not devote nearly enough time. But my advanced knowledge of paranoid ideas and delusional belief systems may come in handy when dealing with some crazy posts. We are a team who have always wanted to be fan led and now that it is possible the crap starts to surface. If I had a spare wad I would be a patron so I applaud those who have. I don't have a spare wad so FSS is a great route to go down.

We are a team who have always wanted to be fan led and now that it is possible the crap starts to surface.

It’s that infighting that will cause division. Can sometimes happen when everyone thinks their ideas are best. Need to remember and stick together as a divided team rarely conquers.
Everyone has differing opinions but we need to have faith the BODs as these guys are tasked with plotting our route back to the big time.

They have my 100% backing and we all need to stand as one!

6 hours ago, Kircer bairn said:

Anybody know if there was any move on clause built into Jay Fulton’s transfer to Swansea as strong rumours of him going to Reading 

Reading are seemingly under a transfer embargo so are hoping for a loan or he gets freed. 

Have we always wanted to be fan led? I'm not sure about that.

I guess it's always likely given you aren't going to make money from us. 

But if you look back to the Jeffries era we had Deans and Fulston. 

I'd still prefer a wealthy owner to fan ownership. But it's a pipe dream finding one willing to invest that isn't a Craig Whyte.