The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Brockvillenomore
8 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

The previous board have rightly been gone now for nearly 8 months. The new board and patrons have total control of the club.

The new board are now on their second manager and second transfer window. Yes, there are still issues from the past to be dealt with.

But frankly I think fans have every right to be discussing what is being done to make us competitive on the pitch in what will be an absolutely crucial season.

Control of the club rests between one member appointed by the major shareholders,  2 from the patrons and two from FSS. 

Guest Brockvillenomore
4 hours ago, Tea and Busquets said:

I’ll re-emphasise this again now although we’ve created nothing. Mackie looks too slow for LB. Should be him in the centre and Henderson pushed into midfield for Hetherington. Oliver has done quite well in holding the ball up etc but has no support whatsoever. If we can’t get a decent striker, try and push for Kennedy and put Morrison up front.

In my view Mackie has some engine on him. He ran all day, including a lung buster across the park at about 80mins (almost to the right back position) to successfully shut down a counter attack. 

Guest Brockvillenomore
6 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Because for example we spunked 1K a week on Leith Griffiths under that useless clowns tenure

That's money which could have been given to McGlynn.

There were other spends also on the failed gamble to reach the playoffs.

It's not difficult. 

DCF0D696-C97A-48A2-ADD2-A90CAC89461F.jpeg

7 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

May be an unpopular opinion but to me it’s absolutely crazy to be spending yet more of our limited resources on players to sit on the bench or in the stand when the first 11 still requires so many additions.

What is he costing? 

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

What is he costing? 

It doesn’t really matter what he’s costing- all of our resources should be focused on bringing in quality to improve the first 11.

We have enough players as it is who should be on the bench at best without adding more youngsters.

Guest Brockvillenomore
Just now, PedroMoutinho said:

Except all of the directors are patrons…

I assume you don’t know, or possibly choose to forget, that Directors responsibility is to the company. The patrons is a group of 30+ shareholders gathered together without any documented or formal status and no reporting lines. 

Spoke with a guy today at the game who owns a few businesses around the town and he said he contacted Jamie at the club about how much it would have been to keep Griffiths and he would have paid his wages in full, not costing the club a penny. The club refused (unsure if this was Jamie/BOD or John McGlynn). 

Guest Brockvillenomore
1 minute ago, PedroMoutinho said:

It doesn’t really matter what he’s costing- all of our resources should be focused on bringing in quality to improve the first 11.

We have enough players as it is who should be on the bench at best without adding more youngsters.

I understand it’s an amateur contract. Shame that doesn’t fit into your tiresome and transparent agenda. 

2 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

So don’t bother with looking to the future again? Are you Margaret Laing? 

5 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Spoke with a guy today at the game who owns a few businesses around the town and he said he contacted Jamie at the club about how much it would have been to keep Griffiths and he would have paid his wages in full, not costing the club a penny. The club refused (unsure if this was Jamie/BOD or John McGlynn). 

Thank f**k.

10 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

So don’t bother with looking to the future again? Are you Margaret Laing? 

The future will be an indefinite stay in league 1 unless resources are used to bring in better quality for the starting 11. Didn’t you criticise the previous board for spending money on the youth development squads?

Edited by PedroMoutinho

Honest assessment by McGlynn in post match interview. Quite refreshing in the sense he isn't  slavering  a lot of pish like his predecessors. Sounded a little frustrated that  he doesn't have the numbers or quality he wants at least not yet. Hopefully that gets rectified soon.  

Guest Brockvillenomore
5 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

The future will be an indefinite stay in league 1 unless resources are used to bring in better quality for the starting 11

D2986F21-222A-4488-B6C8-3FE3FC67CB71.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

If the guy gave Griffiths some money and worked from now till January with a personal trainer and some training at the stadium with our team then he might be worth a punt in January if not and assuming the guy you spoke to knows something about football then he'd be better giving the club money for someone else (or two players)

20 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Except all of the directors are patrons…

Ok if you don't like what you see then if you are a member of FSS then stand for election to the Board - the nominations open tomorrow. But here's the thing - you'll have to say who you are and not post behind the haze of anonymity that P&B allows everyone.  

Guest Brockvillenomore
1 minute ago, knee jerk reaction said:

If the guy gave Griffiths some money and worked from now till January with a personal trainer and some training at the stadium with our team then he might be worth a punt in January if not and assuming the guy you spoke to knows something about football then he'd be better giving the club money for someone else (or two players)

I can’t see that happening tbh. A supporter that generous would still support the club and finance a player or players the manager actually wanted. Or am I missing something? 

2 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

Ok if you don't like what you see then if you are a member of FSS then stand for election to the Board - the nominations open tomorrow. But here's the thing - you'll have to say who you are and not post behind the haze of anonymity that P&B allows everyone.  

Personally I have no interest in being a director but to me it’s not good for corporate governance or decision making to have a supposed 3 legged stool model but where all directors are members of one group.

Guest Brockvillenomore
12 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Personally I have no interest in being a director but to me it’s not good for corporate governance or decision making to have a supposed 3 legged stool model but where all directors are members of one group.

There are only groups in your mind. It’s this sort of attitude that’s poisoning the club. FSS, Patrons even the major shareholders, all involved are Falkirk supporters. 

Edited by Brockvillenomore

30 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

The future will be an indefinite stay in league 1 unless resources are used to bring in better quality for the starting 11. Didn’t you criticise the previous board for spending money on the youth development squads?

What recourses? By all accounts the playing budget is actually larger than it was last season and will most likely be if not the largest pretty close to the largest in the division.  it’s just unfortunate the previous regime has hamstrung the club with so many poor players on long term contracts tying a lot of that cash up, I trust McGlynn to eventualy move a few on and get a few in but it won’t happen overnight and we simply can’t rush in and sign any old shite again this season with the remaining budget we do have available, it will most likely be into August before McGlynn finalises his squad. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.