The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, GeordieBairn said:

Why? Bizarre signing

At the moment you either sign them for the first team squad or free them .  Mcglynn must think he has a good future ahead of him to do that. The development side will be about next season for these players to join in future but at the moment they need to train with the first team as there is no other avenue. These guys will be on utter peanuts .

3 minutes ago, Jackie Myles said:

At the moment you either sign them for the first team squad or free them .  Mcglynn must think he has a good future ahead of him to do that. The development side will be about next season for these players to join in future but at the moment they need to train with the first team as there is no other avenue. These guys will be on utter peanuts .

I wouldn’t say we’re in a position at the moment to be handing anyone peanuts when we need to scrape everything we can to strengthen the starting 11

I wouldn’t say we’re in a position at the moment to be handing anyone peanuts when we need to scrape everything we can to strengthen the starting 11

Need to trust the manager, I’m certain he’s forgot more about the game than the majority us put together know about it

1 minute ago, grumpyoldman said:

Need to trust the manager, I’m certain he’s forgot more about the game than the majority us put together know about it

I dont disagree but I cant see Kyle being a huge benefit to the team right now, has the same feel to it as Finlay Malcolm. Would be very happy to be proved wrong though.

24 minutes ago, GeordieBairn said:

This.

But more to the point, we need every penny that we have to pay off the likes of Wilson and Sneddon etc.. Signing Connolly just doesn't make sense to me.

It's the managers budget at the end of the day so it's up to him how he spends it. If he'd rather keep these players at the club than let them go elsewhere then they must have something about them. He won't be doing it just for the sake of it that's for sure and it obviously isn't preventing him from signing other players that will start of he wouldn't be doing it.

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Why would have Rennie messed up the summer? 

Because for example we spunked 1K a week on Leith Griffiths under that useless clowns tenure

That's money which could have been given to McGlynn.

There were other spends also on the failed gamble to reach the playoffs.

It's not difficult. 

3 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Because for example we spunked 1K a week on Leith Griffiths under that useless clowns tenure

It's not difficult. 

No it couldn't have been given to mcglynn. That money was provided by bfl to sign a striker in that window so would've been spent by now anyway. Could've been spent better yes but was never going to be not spent.

I sometimes think the club can't win sometimes.  The academy closes, people moan as we don't have people breaking through or being sellable assets.  We get a development squad bringing in players released by other academies and we hang onto a couple of players that might become good enough and thats a problem too.

I'd rather have someone young and hopefully hungry (did we not win a lot of games in development league last year - someone had to be scoring goals) coming off the bench than players who we already know aren't up to doing what they are asked.

Good luck to the lad, hope it works out for him and the club.

6 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

No harm to the young lads, but that must be the weakest bench the club has ever put out (in the multi sub era)

Looks like Morton have 1 sub. SPFL won’t let clubs play trialist in the completion either 

31 minutes ago, some_guy said:

Morton have 6 Youth players starting and 1 as the only player on the bench?  Struggling to not be confident about today, but we know what happens as Falkirk fans when we get our hopes up!

They’re mostly first team players in their early 20s, just that they came through Morton’s youth system.  But the team is threadbare. Clatter Jaze early and that’s their bench gone. 

1 hour ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

It's not difficult. 

Great thing hindsight.