The Falkirk FC Thread

40 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Going by McGlynn's interview it doesn't look like McKay or Ross or Sneddon are going anywhere soon 😥 and seems happy with the squad. Problems trying to get a goalscorer like most teams i'd suggest we need two strikers. Malcolm out injured so looks like we might see Wilson up front at some point tomorrow (shudder) 

Tbh I think we need 4 or 5 more in to be competitive.

As well as 2 strikers, a number 10 is essential as Nesbitt can’t be relied on. At least another winger as well for me- Mcguffie is a decent enough squad option but I’m not convinced he should be starting every week.

Then there’s Williamson at right back- again a replacement needed imo.

1 hour ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

Loy had severe personal problems during his injury and return to playing. We forget these people are the same as all of us and off field things can affect their play. 

Good to see him getting a regular gig with Radio Scotland.

Certainly one of their better contributors.

Going by McGlynn's interview it doesn't look like McKay or Ross or Sneddon are going anywhere soon [emoji26] and seems happy with the squad. Problems trying to get a goalscorer like most teams i'd suggest we need two strikers. Malcolm out injured so looks like we might see Wilson up front at some point tomorrow (shudder) 

Managers will never say they’re unhappy with their squad publicly in case they need to use players at certain points in certain games. Absolutely no chance he wouldn’t get shot of them or upgrade them if he could and replace them with better.

These interviews are lip service, with a slight indicator to transfer news, nothing more.

A good day as we put Falkirk back on our mantle piece, where they belong. 
One of the several funny things regarding The Bairns that season was that Rory Loy had played for us the season before and stayed locally, and we tried to keep him, but he chose Falkirk instead because they threw more money at him.  He would make go on to 26 appearances for them, score one goal, get mutual consented the following summer and he would never play full time football again. While we romped to the title and promotion. Not the best career move by Rory.
Well done on outing yourself as a pathetic wretch m8.

3 minutes ago, Trump said:

Managers will never say they’re unhappy with their squad publicly in case they need to use players at certain points in certain games. Absolutely no chance he wouldn’t get shot of them or upgrade them if he could and replace them with better.

These interviews are lip service, with a slight indicator to transfer news, nothing more.

Fair point, Sheerin and Rennie were fairly content with the squad too but they were deadly serious when every man and his dug knew they were utter shite. 

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Tbh I think we need 4 or 5 more in to be competitive.

As well as 2 strikers, a number 10 is essential as Nesbitt can’t be relied on. At least another winger as well for me- Mcguffie is a decent enough squad option but I’m not convinced he should be starting every week.

Then there’s Williamson at right back- again a replacement needed imo.

Not happening. The budget is almost gone. Perhaps one at most signing, rest loans. This has been said publicly several times now. The club has no extra money unless we raise it or we do well in the League Cup. 

16 minutes ago, Roboccop said:

Not happening. The budget is almost gone. Perhaps one at most signing, rest loans. This has been said publicly several times now. The club has no extra money unless we raise it or we do well in the League Cup. 

We’ll be looking at a fifth season in league 1 this time next year then.

Another brutally honest interview from McGlynn, with him seeming a bit scunnered trying to bring players in. As he said, we'll just have to wait and hope some quality becomes available on loan as your half decent free agents are mostly all snapped up by now.

Agree with a previous poster that it's worrying he's mentioning Mckay coming back in as if it's a positive but again that's obviously because he's our only right sided option with Donaldson & Watson injured. 

3 weeks tomorrow until the season starts for real and we've got Gary Oliver, Jaime Wilson and Finlay Malcolm as our options upfront which is tragic.

Edited by FFC 1876

14 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Another brutally honest interview from McGlynn, with him seeming a bit scunnered trying to bring players in. As he said, we'll just have to wait and hope some quality becomes available on loan as your half decent free agents are mostly all snapped up by now.

Agree with a previous poster that it's worrying he's mentioning Mckay coming back in as if it's a positive but again that's obviously because he's our only right sided option with Donaldson & Watson injured. 

3 weeks tomorrow until the season starts for real and we've got Gary Oliver, Jaime Wilson and Finlay Malcolm as our options upfront which is tragic.

I think that trio will be lucky to hit double figures between them never mind one of them doing it.

Still confident we will get players in. Rather wait for quality than go down the Holt route and sign any old Shite to pad out the numbers 

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

We’ll be looking at a fifth season in league 1 this time next year then.

So if we signed one permanent signing and 4 quality loans we would not go up. How do you know that when you have no idea what quality maybe in those 5 players? 

3 hours ago, Roboccop said:

Aye because loans don’t cost anything…

On 23/06/2022 at 12:40, Marshmallo said:

I don't understand the logic of saying we shouldn't sign a good player because he used to play for us and the existing squad has bad players in it?

Sibbald is a no brainer if he's willing to sign for us. He's been a really good player in a top flight team for years and is the sort who can win you matches. A midfield three of McGinn keeping things ticking over, a younger player going box to box and Sibbald pulling the strings is mouth watering.

Not quite on the same level but this reminds me of moon howlers on here turning their nose up at Kingsley when we were linked with him. Over-thinking things massively.

Won't matter anyway as Sibbs will get a better move than us and will be a standout in the league above.

My mate was talking to Sibbs (and got him to sign something for his wee boy) in Behind The Wall the night of the Europa League Final. He asked if there was any chance of him coming back to Falkirk but Sibbs said he wants to try and get another Premier league team. So unless there’s absolutely zero better offers from elsewhere it seems pretty unlikely.

Edited by 8MileBU

Some of the worst managers to ever grace our club have brought in Declan McManus, Anton Dowds and Jaze Kabia in the last 2/3 years. 

John Mcglynn is not going to rely on our current options. 

If we get to the end of August it’s panic stations and forget everything I’ve posted in the last 2 months. 

36 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

My mate was talking to Sibbs (and got him to sign something for his wee boy) in Behind The Wall the night of the Europa League Final. He asked if there was any chance of him coming back to Falkirk but Sibbs said he wants to try and get another Premier league team. So unless there’s absolutely zero better offers from elsewhere it seems pretty unlikely.

St Johnstone a stick on. 

Edited by gav-ffc

9 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Still confident we will get players in. Rather wait for quality than go down the Holt route and sign any old Shite to pad out the numbers 

Surely that’s the case and you are spot on. My preference would have been to have players in, in time to make and impact in the league cup and push for more prize money and also to give the squad time to gel however the reality is that’s very, very difficult to do.

McGlynn’s not a mug though and he’ll realise what he has at his disposal won’t get him near promotion and will be working on deals right up until we kick off vs Montrose.