Jump to content

The Falkirk FC Thread


Recommended Posts

Given McGlynn seems to clearly favour a 4-2-3-1 and we're rumoured to be after Kai Kennedy I doubt we'll see a 3 at the back this season. That being said we definitely need someone better at defending than Williamson if we're sticking with the 4.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Away from my usual nonsense posting, Yeats is apparently a right back. Wonder how he’d do there. Been fine in centre mid, and wouldn’t want to rely on him with him being that young in either position, but surely a better bet than Williamson?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Whilst we're on about ex players Aidan Keena's on 11 goals in 19 games, current top scorer in the league. Seems to have found his hunger for the game again.

Don't think he lost his hunger TBH, or at least he'd have been a hell of a lot hungrier if he'd had folk around him who could actually have fed him! I always said that he looked like a natural goal scorer to me and I don't remember him missing many gilt-edged chances. I'd take him back anytime.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Given McGlynn seems to clearly favour a 4-2-3-1 and we're rumoured to be after Kai Kennedy I doubt we'll see a 3 at the back this season. That being said we definitely need someone better at defending than Williamson if we're sticking with the 4.

As I say, it'll depend on who we can bring in. I don't think we have the players to play that formation at the moment, certainly not in defence or up top anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Don't think he lost his hunger TBH, or at least he'd have been a hell of a lot hungrier if he'd had folk around him who could actually have fed him! I always said that he looked like a natural goal scorer to me and I don't remember him missing many gilt-edged chances. I'd take him back anytime.

He was a lazy b*****d and St Pats are welcome to him!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

He was a lazy b*****d and St Pats are welcome to him!

Aye, very good. I completely disagree. SLIGO incidentally seem to be happy to have him!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 04/07/2022 at 20:11, Back Post Misses said:

You should have gone to the meetings and get to know them then. 
Have you joined the FSS? If you do you get a bigger say in the clubs direction and who sits on the Board. You won’t get a better chance. 
 

It would interesting to know how many of us Falkirk fans on here are actually members of the FSS. How do you start one of those poll things?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

It would interesting to know how many of us Falkirk fans on here are actually members of the FSS. How do you start one of those poll things?

You need to start a new thread to do that, but given it wold be open to the whole forum, and potential skullduggery, I doubt it would be worth much.

 

I'm a member though, if you are keeping count

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

You had to go say it ae.

Well I mean he strolled the Championship in 18/19 for us and did fine for the Pars last season.  It was the shite players he had to play with and manager that was the problem there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Don't think he lost his hunger TBH, or at least he'd have been a hell of a lot hungrier if he'd had folk around him who could actually have fed him! I always said that he looked like a natural goal scorer to me and I don't remember him missing many gilt-edged chances. I'd take him back anytime.

Complete and utter revisionist nonsense. He contributed absolutely nothing when he played and his effort level was poor. The hero workshop from some fans was beyond bizarre.

The difference when Dowds and Kabia came in was night and day- they still had no service but both tried to make things happen and gave 100%.

Edited by PedroMoutinho
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...