Jump to content

The Falkirk FC Thread


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Somebody even called him Dane Yeats.

 

7 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Somebody even called him Dane Yeats.

Nor way!?

Edited by Bairn in Exile
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

Any idea of the scorers? Courier's done a lovely wee article on it but only mentioned who scored for Dundee United.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-united/3454743/mathew-cujdoe-rory-macleod-dundee-united-falkirk-bounce-game/

This was Falkirk's third game but only DU's first... it was mostly a fitness exercise for united... they had a youthful look (after making loads of substitutions!)...

Any more feeble excuses you want to add to that, D.C.?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Any idea of the scorers? Courier's done a lovely wee article on it but only mentioned who scored for Dundee United.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-united/3454743/mathew-cujdoe-rory-macleod-dundee-united-falkirk-bounce-game/

Nesbitt with the first, OG for the second (assist Jaime Wilson) and Morrison for the third. 

Don't want to comment on trialists as it was closed-door so there will be no match report on FFC sites. Utd as hosts are entitled to brief whatever journos they want but FFC didn't invite any.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Nesbitt with the first, OG for the second (assist Jaime Wilson) and Morrison for the third. 

Don't want to comment on trialists as it was closed-door so there will be no match report on FFC sites. Utd as hosts are entitled to brief whatever journos they want but FFC didn't invite any.  

By any chance was there a big black guy up front?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Nesbitt with the first, OG for the second (assist Jaime Wilson) and Morrison for the third. 

Don't want to comment on trialists as it was closed-door so there will be no match report on FFC sites. Utd as hosts are entitled to brief whatever journos they want but FFC didn't invite any.  

My comments regarding Nesbitt not scoring or creating goals is really coming back to haunt me, but I’m glad it is. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Rocco said:

My comments regarding Nesbitt not scoring or creating goals is really coming back to haunt me, but I’m glad it is. 

Tbf out of all the dross that’s been left behind, at least Nesbitt showed something at some point. Granted from October until the end of the season he looked like he couldn’t work his legs but if he can get back to his August/September form then I’m sure we’d all take that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

Slightly off topic but noticed at Kevin’s game the number of advertising boards removed, didn’t count but seemed to be an enormous amount removed. I’m assuming that these businesses were getting a free pass for the past few seasons?

Correctamundo. Not all, but most.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Part of me is dreading Finn Yeats signing, can't be doing with folk getting his name wrong left right and centre by calling him Yates or we've even had Yeates.

I am sure if signed, John McGinn will make sure people spell FY’s name correctly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Tbf out of all the dross that’s been left behind, at least Nesbitt showed something at some point. Granted from October until the end of the season he looked like he couldn’t work his legs but if he can get back to his August/September form then I’m sure we’d all take that.

True, but looking at the Killie game, we weren’t beaten by a better standard of football, we were beaten by silly errors and the physicality of the opposition.

We desperately need a bit of physical presence in midfield, up front, and at RB too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nesbitt is a bit of a sand dancer he seems to take the ball try n do a few bits n bobs but most of the time the end product is  nothing. He's not good enough nor is McGuffie, Hetherington, Williamson or any of the rest of last season's protagonists. And that regardless of other personell is why we won't be anywhere near it.  They simply have to be shifted but it looks like it may take another season to do it.  I can't wait to see the back of the lot of them not just for their lack of ability, their lack of giving two fucks last season and they are still stealing a wage. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

True, but looking at the Killie game, we weren’t beaten by a better standard of football, we were beaten by silly errors and the physicality of the opposition.

We desperately need a bit of physical presence in midfield, up front, and at RB too.

I have no doubt we are short of quality and physicality. I expect at least another 4 additions tho so hopefully that is addressed 👍🏻

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

I have no doubt we are short of quality and physicality. I expect at least another 4 additions tho so hopefully that is addressed 👍🏻

Yeah, the time for writing this season off is if 4 (min) transfers either don't happen, or do and look woefully inadequate. For me, one of the main selling points of McGlynn was an expectation that he would be much shrewder in both identifying the shortcomings we have, and actually getting deals and loans capable of filling them. If we start the season with Gary Oliver as the only forward worth the name and a powderpuff midfield, i'll criticise him, but we're nowhere near that. We're really just approaching the time where one might expect him to start showing these qualities. 

And whilst I dont think we should write off the League Cup by any means, it will only be come start of the league that genuine worry will kick on for me

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Springfield said:

Slightly off topic but noticed at Kevin’s game the number of advertising boards removed, didn’t count but seemed to be an enormous amount removed. I’m assuming that these businesses were getting a free pass for the past few seasons?

Not sure if it was a few seasons but by the sounds of it, at least last season.  Which is bad enough.  

Great to see the new commercial team in place. Good luck to them all as we need this to be a money spinner like we know it can be.  And managed properly.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...