Jump to content

The Falkirk FC Thread


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

If he drops to this level, but not to us, I will be forced to assume (and will not hear otherwise) that we opted no to go for him. 

We are 100% in the race for Sibbald. Whether we win that race is another thing entirely but he cannot sign for them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, JulioBairn said:

We are 100% in the race for Sibbald. Whether we win that race is another thing entirely but he cannot sign for them.

Would love to see the guy back. Has ability the others we’ve had in midfield could only dream about (McGinn perhaps exempt)type of player that can split a defence, turn/sidestep the opposing midfield and not scared to have a pop.

Would expect some championship teams to be front runners.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sibbald won’t sign for us. Said all along he will get a gig in a higher league. 
Still 4 weeks till the opening league game. Plenty time to boost the squad. Glad we are not just signing anyone just to pad out the numbers like last summers shambles. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't see him signing for us either tbh. I actually thought he might rock up at Killie or St.Johnstone. Championship wise probably only Dundee, maybe Partick or Queens Park. That said if he doesn't get a club in a few weeks he could well end up at the likes of Ayr and god forbid Dunfermline. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Sibbald won’t sign for us. Said all along he will get a gig in a higher league. 
Still 4 weeks till the opening league game. Plenty time to boost the squad. Glad we are not just signing anyone just to pad out the numbers like last summers shambles. 

f**k off misery, you are spoiling the end of my holiday with your negative vibes man!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If we want to get out of this league, let’s face it - the current lot of charlatans from last season ain’t going to do it. If we had any aspirations of getting up, there’s enough people in the town (out with the BOD) that could put a deal to get Sibbald on board.
Yes we’re not signing shite last yesteryear and yes there’s four weeks to go, just hope that after throwing a wad at Griffiths it’s not burnt bridges for going someone clearly miles better. 
The club have just been massively backed yet again, against the most troubled times in past few decades, hope the club show some ambition.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Now here’s some humour to start your Saturday 

 

hree Scottish sides have been named in the UK's top ten most investable clubs. The research comes from a collaboration between football finance expert Dr Rob Wilson and BetVictor. Arbroath top the list, Ayr United placed in second, with Livingston also making the top 10. (National)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Now here’s some humour to start your Saturday 

 

hree Scottish sides have been named in the UK's top ten most investable clubs. The research comes from a collaboration between football finance expert Dr Rob Wilson and BetVictor. Arbroath top the list, Ayr United placed in second, with Livingston also making the top 10. (National)

 

Tbf if you are investing POC money to be laundered, Livvy is the right place to invest it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Springfield said:

If we want to get out of this league, let’s face it - the current lot of charlatans from last season ain’t going to do it. If we had any aspirations of getting up, there’s enough people in the town (out with the BOD) that could put a deal to get Sibbald on board.
Yes we’re not signing shite last yesteryear and yes there’s four weeks to go, just hope that after throwing a wad at Griffiths it’s not burnt bridges for going someone clearly miles better. 
The club have just been massively backed yet again, against the most troubled times in past few decades, hope the club show some ambition.

What is he doesn’t want to sign? Not convinced finance has anything to do with it 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Springfield said:

If we want to get out of this league, let’s face it - the current lot of charlatans from last season ain’t going to do it. If we had any aspirations of getting up, there’s enough people in the town (out with the BOD) that could put a deal to get Sibbald on board.
Yes we’re not signing shite last yesteryear and yes there’s four weeks to go, just hope that after throwing a wad at Griffiths it’s not burnt bridges for going someone clearly miles better. 
The club have just been massively backed yet again, against the most troubled times in past few decades, hope the club show some ambition.

Unless I picked it up wrong at one of the meetings we are tight on the cash front?

Even with great season ticket sales I’m not sure that will be enough, I took it we really needed the FSS to increase dramatically.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, ATLIS said:

He would've been on around 1k a week I'd imagine. Honestly he was probably one of our upper earners I think after signing an extension when he was in good form. That kind of cash probably is a bit much but he's the right player if a team is pushing on a bit

That's roughly the figure I had in my head. If our highest paid player is on around £700 a week I'd go in at that with a nice promotion bonus incentive and if he goes elsewhere for more money or because he wants/ deserves to play in a higher league like McManus, Connolly, Telfer & Dowds did then so be it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Unless I picked it up wrong at one of the meetings we are tight on the cash front?

Even with great season ticket sales I’m not sure that will be enough, I took it we really needed the FSS to increase dramatically.

They are part of the solution but the club also needs other revenue streams to increase (advertising, merch etc) to plug the shortfall/ increase budget.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

They are part of the solution but the club also needs other revenue streams to increase (advertising, merch etc) to plug the shortfall/ increase budget.

Absolutely, the point I’m making is I’m seeing comments across different platforms, because of season tickets sales, saying we now need to push the boat out.

There is a long way to go before that can happen imo.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

They are part of the solution but the club also needs other revenue streams to increase (advertising, merch etc) to plug the shortfall/ increase budget.

The message, as I understand it, was the budget was based on last seasons ST sales and PATG numbers so we're presently at that level, or a bit below it? Not sure tbh. There's also the need for FFS numbers to grow, which are at around 500 which is 25% of ST holders go fantastic potential there. There's a £400k additional revenue in the budget over last year, from advertising, merchandise, 50:50 tickets etc etc bringing it just back to pre COVID levels.  The squad JMcG and PS inherited must account for 60% to 65% of the playing budget so there is much work to do I think. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, ATLIS said:

He would've been on around 1k a week I'd imagine. Honestly he was probably one of our upper earners I think after signing an extension when he was in good form. That kind of cash probably is a bit much but he's the right player if a team is pushing on a bit

He'd have been on nearer 1500 a week which is obviously part of the reason Martindale let him leave. He'd have been on closer to 1000 at us back in the day I imagine and you lot beat a few other clubs for his signature.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

They are part of the solution but the club also needs other revenue streams to increase (advertising, merch etc) to plug the shortfall/ increase budget.

If we improve on pitch performance it'll increase revenue as well extra fans through the gate, televised cup ties and prize money. That would also shift extra merchandise and make us more attractive to sponsors.

I appreciate thats not a groundbreaking new concept and everyone wants us to improve, but I think we can speculate to accumulate a bit without risking the financial future of the club. I know you're not saying otherwise but your post mentioned revenue streams so thought I'd piggyback off it.

I would also say I'm not advocating just signing any old dross in a panic and would rather we waited for a better player than sign another Jaime Wilson.

My understanding is trialists can't play in the League Cup so I'm guessing it's stick or twist time on Yates this week. My own view having seen him once and hearing from pals who were at the Stranraer game is he's worth a go as a young player with potential but I'd hope we're not relying on him as a starter, at least initially. Good find though since I'd never heard of him until his name popped up on here about 25 mins into the Killie game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Absolutely, the point I’m making is I’m seeing comments across different platforms, because of season tickets sales, saying we now need to push the boat out.
There is a long way to go before that can happen imo.
 
Without wishing to simplify things to fair, mainly cos I know f**k about football clubs finances, surely any talk about things being tight would have included, aswell as the situation at the bank at that time, financial forecasts made on best guesses about future cash flow... ie they would have budgeted for x number of ticket sales. If we have exceeded that then it surely loosens things off a bit?

We can't afford to be reckless for sure, but theres other potential outcomes we can afford even less if we don't give McGlynn the absolute maximum budget we can.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Brockvillenomore said:

There's also the need for FFS numbers to grow, which are at around 500 which is 25% of ST holders go fantastic potential there. 

I know with FSS you're paying for fan ownership as a concept etc etc but even at a tenner a month you're asking fans to pay another 50% into the club on top of their season ticket. 25% of season ticket holders doing so isn't a terrible number imo.

It's a tough one because I don't think you'll see that number drastically increase until performances improve on the park, but you need the membership numbers and finance from FSS even more when the team is worse. I'm not sure how you get around that other than word of mouth to try and get existing members to encourage their friends and family to sign up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Brockvillenomore said:

The message, as I understand it, was the budget was based on last seasons ST sales and PATG numbers so we're presently at that level, or a bit below it? Not sure tbh. There's also the need for FFS numbers to grow, which are at around 500 which is 25% of ST holders go fantastic potential there. There's a £400k additional revenue in the budget over last year, from advertising, merchandise, 50:50 tickets etc etc bringing it just back to pre COVID levels.  The squad JMcG and PS inherited must account for 60% to 65% of the playing budget so there is much work to do I think. 

I really hope that the board didn't sit down at the end of last season and make the assumption for budgetary purposes that season ticket sales would be the same as last season, given the state the world is in, and the absolute fucking embarrassment we were on the pitch. 

Speaking for myself, iv got what I wanted for a while. A new board, fan representation and as a wee bonus, a football manager, but assuming fan numbers would hold up in those circumstances seems a bit off to me. Not everyone looks that far beyond the product on the park. 

 

Also, re the FSS numbers, I suppose you have to bear in mind that 25% of season ticket holders is probably more than it seems... I mean, I'm a member of FSS but theres two ST'S in my house, one belongs to a child. 

There will be many hundreds of instances where a household has more than 1 ST but are represented 1 FSS member 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...