Jump to content

The Falkirk FC Thread


Recommended Posts

[quote post="15316581" timestamp="1656696706" name="mozam76" userid="15558"
As of last week, the only confirmed offer on the table for him was Ayr United. A week’s a long time in football though, so that may have changed. 

I’d be shocked if we’re the only club interested though. Bit surprised that Bullen openly admitted to trying to get him but we’ll only be one of a few clubs after him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

O'Hara absolutely hates the Pars and still signed for them so unfortunately there's no reason why Sibbald wouldnt do the same. Still, surely he wouldnt have been on megabucks at Livi so hopefully we wouldnt have to lay on a fat wedge of cash like we did for Griffiths. Given the nick of the Championship this year he's not going to get a better wage offer from anyone apart from Dundee and possibly Partick anyway

He would've been on around 1k a week I'd imagine. Honestly he was probably one of our upper earners I think after signing an extension when he was in good form. That kind of cash probably is a bit much but he's the right player if a team is pushing on a bit

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Sibbs is an ambassador for Pro Performance Academy (or something like that) based out of Little Kerse.

Charlie Telfer, Cameron Blues and Stephen Kingsley have all been down LK recently getting ready for their respective pre-seasons, wherever they may be so Sibbs probably doing same.

Edited by Blame Me
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hughsie said:

If Sibbs signs for Dunfermline I’ll be done with football forever.

If he drops to this level, but not to us, I will be forced to assume (and will not hear otherwise) that we opted no to go for him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

If he drops to this level, but not to us, I will be forced to assume (and will not hear otherwise) that we opted no to go for him. 

We are 100% in the race for Sibbald. Whether we win that race is another thing entirely but he cannot sign for them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, JulioBairn said:

We are 100% in the race for Sibbald. Whether we win that race is another thing entirely but he cannot sign for them.

Would love to see the guy back. Has ability the others we’ve had in midfield could only dream about (McGinn perhaps exempt)type of player that can split a defence, turn/sidestep the opposing midfield and not scared to have a pop.

Would expect some championship teams to be front runners.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sibbald won’t sign for us. Said all along he will get a gig in a higher league. 
Still 4 weeks till the opening league game. Plenty time to boost the squad. Glad we are not just signing anyone just to pad out the numbers like last summers shambles. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't see him signing for us either tbh. I actually thought he might rock up at Killie or St.Johnstone. Championship wise probably only Dundee, maybe Partick or Queens Park. That said if he doesn't get a club in a few weeks he could well end up at the likes of Ayr and god forbid Dunfermline. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Sibbald won’t sign for us. Said all along he will get a gig in a higher league. 
Still 4 weeks till the opening league game. Plenty time to boost the squad. Glad we are not just signing anyone just to pad out the numbers like last summers shambles. 

f**k off misery, you are spoiling the end of my holiday with your negative vibes man!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If we want to get out of this league, let’s face it - the current lot of charlatans from last season ain’t going to do it. If we had any aspirations of getting up, there’s enough people in the town (out with the BOD) that could put a deal to get Sibbald on board.
Yes we’re not signing shite last yesteryear and yes there’s four weeks to go, just hope that after throwing a wad at Griffiths it’s not burnt bridges for going someone clearly miles better. 
The club have just been massively backed yet again, against the most troubled times in past few decades, hope the club show some ambition.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Now here’s some humour to start your Saturday 

 

hree Scottish sides have been named in the UK's top ten most investable clubs. The research comes from a collaboration between football finance expert Dr Rob Wilson and BetVictor. Arbroath top the list, Ayr United placed in second, with Livingston also making the top 10. (National)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Now here’s some humour to start your Saturday 

 

hree Scottish sides have been named in the UK's top ten most investable clubs. The research comes from a collaboration between football finance expert Dr Rob Wilson and BetVictor. Arbroath top the list, Ayr United placed in second, with Livingston also making the top 10. (National)

 

Tbf if you are investing POC money to be laundered, Livvy is the right place to invest it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Springfield said:

If we want to get out of this league, let’s face it - the current lot of charlatans from last season ain’t going to do it. If we had any aspirations of getting up, there’s enough people in the town (out with the BOD) that could put a deal to get Sibbald on board.
Yes we’re not signing shite last yesteryear and yes there’s four weeks to go, just hope that after throwing a wad at Griffiths it’s not burnt bridges for going someone clearly miles better. 
The club have just been massively backed yet again, against the most troubled times in past few decades, hope the club show some ambition.

What is he doesn’t want to sign? Not convinced finance has anything to do with it 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Springfield said:

If we want to get out of this league, let’s face it - the current lot of charlatans from last season ain’t going to do it. If we had any aspirations of getting up, there’s enough people in the town (out with the BOD) that could put a deal to get Sibbald on board.
Yes we’re not signing shite last yesteryear and yes there’s four weeks to go, just hope that after throwing a wad at Griffiths it’s not burnt bridges for going someone clearly miles better. 
The club have just been massively backed yet again, against the most troubled times in past few decades, hope the club show some ambition.

Unless I picked it up wrong at one of the meetings we are tight on the cash front?

Even with great season ticket sales I’m not sure that will be enough, I took it we really needed the FSS to increase dramatically.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, ATLIS said:

He would've been on around 1k a week I'd imagine. Honestly he was probably one of our upper earners I think after signing an extension when he was in good form. That kind of cash probably is a bit much but he's the right player if a team is pushing on a bit

That's roughly the figure I had in my head. If our highest paid player is on around £700 a week I'd go in at that with a nice promotion bonus incentive and if he goes elsewhere for more money or because he wants/ deserves to play in a higher league like McManus, Connolly, Telfer & Dowds did then so be it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Unless I picked it up wrong at one of the meetings we are tight on the cash front?

Even with great season ticket sales I’m not sure that will be enough, I took it we really needed the FSS to increase dramatically.

They are part of the solution but the club also needs other revenue streams to increase (advertising, merch etc) to plug the shortfall/ increase budget.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...