The Falkirk FC Thread

Agreed on the Central midfielder front, our midfields as weak Andy Gray on PC subjects! My colleague is a big Sheff Wed fan and he thinks Bobo could do a job in the 1st Duv given a more forward role? can't be any worse than him sitting on front of our "defence"????

Did he not play further forward prior to this season, and was still equally shite?

I really can't understand the need for a holding/sitting player in this division anyway.

Did he not play further forward prior to this season, and was still equally shite?

I really can't understand the need for a holding/sitting player in this division anyway.

Yeah he did in the SPL, would be keen to see how he'd fare further up the pitch in this division though. Although I won't be getting any hopes up!!!

Edited by F.F.C.1.4.M.E.

Yeah he did in the SPL, would be keen to see how he'd fare further up the pitch in this division though. Although I won't be getting any hopes up!!!

It would be worth a go for a few games. He sure as hell can't play much worse.

Didnt he play left midfield in the SPL under Hughes?

Admittedly it's difficult for anyone to really know, given he could be found on the park only by those experienced in Derek Acorah ghostfinding...

Didnt he play left midfield in the SPL under Hughes?

Admittedly it's difficult for anyone to really know, given he could be found on the park only by those experienced in Derek Acorah ghostfinding...

Hughes never really played a midfield 4 as such when he was with us, it was always more of a 4-3-3, 4-3-1-2 type of thing rather than a 4-4-2.

O'Brien played on the left of a 3 at times but it was a narrow 3.

Hughes never really played a midfield 4 as such when he was with us, it was always more of a 4-3-3, 4-3-1-2 type of thing rather than a 4-4-2.

O'Brien played on the left of a 3 at times but it was a narrow 3.

Very true actually.

Some people may not agree with me but what I'd give to have Stevie Thomson, Steven O'Donnell and Paddy Cregg in our midfield doing the dirty work with Latapy working the magic.

I don't think that Pedro's the answer long term. I mean how many times would this be, three, four? I've lost fuckin count TBH.

In terms of saving the season however (not winning the title maybe but at least reversing the trend) then I think it would just give the place a huge boost.

Be good if it happened.

I don't think that Pedro's the answer long term. I mean how many times would this be, three, four? I've lost fuckin count TBH.

In terms of saving the season however (not winning the title maybe but at least reversing the trend) then I think it would just give the place a huge boost.

Be good if it happened.

I'm struggling to see the point in signing Pedro now. The title race is over for us, our clownshoes clueless manager is still in place, so what is there to play for, for the rest of the season.

Are people really going to say "I wasn't going to go on Saturday to a meaningless game, but cos Pedro is playing..."

I don't think so. Good player though he is.

Very true actually.

Some people may not agree with me but what I'd give to have Stevie Thomson, Steven O'Donnell and Paddy Cregg in our midfield doing the dirty work with Latapy working the magic.

I'm not sure anyone would disagree with you.

Latapy could do a better job now, at 52, than O'Brien is for example. I'd even let him smoke on the pitch.

I'm struggling to see the point in signing Pedro now. The title race is over for us, our clownshoes clueless manager is still in place, so what is there to play for, for the rest of the season.

Are people really going to say "I wasn't going to go on Saturday to a meaningless game, but cos Pedro is playing..."

Correct, waste of money as with or without him we will be finishing 3rd at best. Pedro will leave in summer fully fit for a diddy SPL side and we are back to square one. I'm not sure what our contract situation is with players but i'm personally petrified of the thought of a full Pressley side.

I'm not sure what our contract situation is with players but i'm personally petrified of the thought of a full Pressley side.

Me too... the mind boggles.

And to think people gave him a free pass last season cos "they weren't his players".

Thank f**k...

I just think it would boost morale a bit and give us a reason to go so, yes I do think people would go to see him, particularly if it worked and we started to pick up results.

The Herald today 'believes' that an offer has also been tabled for Scott Wilson. Anyone know how true this is?

It also trots out the Jason Thomson loan from Hearts rumour that was mentioned of One F the other week.

As for the Moutinho one, while it would definitely give the fans a bit of a lift (not me personally, I should add), it bothers me that he appears to be stringing the club along looking for a better deal. It just strikes me as being a bit, 'I'll go back to Falkirk and if nothing else comes up these mugs will take me back with open arms yet again'. It's just a bit off-putting for me.

There has to be a decent* midfielder that's out of favour at an SPL side that we could get on loan? I know wages could dictate but it's hardly as if a squad player in the SPL is going to be on big bucks.

*decent=better than we currently have.

The Herald today 'believes' that an offer has also been tabled for Scott Wilson. Anyone know how true this is?

It also trots out the Jason Thomson loan from Hearts rumour that was mentioned of One F the other week.

As for the Moutinho one, while it would definitely give the fans a bit of a lift (not me personally, I should add), it bothers me that he appears to be stringing the club along looking for a better deal. It just strikes me as being a bit, 'I'll go back to Falkirk and if nothing else comes up these mugs will take me back with open arms yet again'. It's just a bit off-putting for me.

There has to be a decent* midfielder that's out of favour at an SPL side that we could get on loan? I know wages could dictate but it's hardly as if a squad player in the SPL is going to be on big bucks.

*decent=better than we currently have.

yeah i read that today also. Wilsons supposedly been training with us for a while and a offer has been tabled for Wilson or Thomson but don't know which one to be honest but i think it'll be more than likely be Wilson as he is without a club.

Also i read that Moutinho has been offered a contract by us but he is also looking at a contract being offered from a canadian team.

Read this online but cant't remember which website.

Wilsons supposedly been training with us for a while and a offer has been tabled for Wilson or Thomson but don't know which one to be honest but i think it'll be more than likely be Wilson as he is without a club.

From DAFC.net last Saturday:

"Spoke to him (Wilson) after the Montrose replay and he is finished with playing, but very keen to get involved in the coaching/managing side of the game."

The Montrose replay would have been 18th Jan, so maybe he has changed his mind about playing. If not, do you need a coach/manager?