Jump to content

The Falkirk FC Thread


Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Anyone else got a slight concern at lack of signings especially after todays strip launch? Maybe just worried about nothing……

Bainsford Bairn explained it pretty clearly which made a lot of sense earlier on. If we want to maximise traffic and hits on social media etc for points of news and interest, it's better to drip feed rather shoot our load all at once. 

Think the top is smart. Never ever have I wondered or bothered about socks and shorts. 

Edited by Believe The Hype
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would imagine that at least half the budget is already tied up in last season’s remnants, and it’ll be a struggle to bring in one or maybe two more without a massive tipper truck load of last season’s left overs being find new homes.

Brad McKay will now sit out two years of not playing in exchange for the blue pound that will pay his bills. He is probably very aware that his career is done and dusted, so won’t be going anywhere any time soon.

I reckon we need to loan out two to get enough cash freed up to bring in one.

No idea what sort of behind the scenes financial wizardry is going on, but it will be have to miraculous to sort out our squad properly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I would imagine that at least half the budget is already tied up in last season’s remnants, and it’ll be a struggle to bring in one or maybe two more without a massive tipper truck load of last season’s left overs being find new homes.

Brad McKay will now sit out two years of not playing in exchange for the blue pound that will pay his bills. He is probably very aware that his career is done and dusted, so won’t be going anywhere any time soon.

I reckon we need to loan out two to get enough cash freed up to bring in one.

No idea what sort of behind the scenes financial wizardry is going on, but it will be have to miraculous to sort out our squad properly.

This is spot on. I 100% do no expect us to get promoted this season. McGlynn is a very good appointment for where we are however the guys not a miracle worker and has been left with a lot of very poor players bulking out or wage bill who are not good enough.

I know it’s difficult as we are all very frustrated but we need to be patient and give him time to introduce his own players and philosophy which won’t happen overnight.

I expect us to make progress and improve this season which given the shite we’ve endured since Hartley joined is a move in the right direction.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agreed I don't see us getting promotion either not with this squad as it stands. Too much dugshite left, we won't score enough goals unless a couple of decent forwards come in which everyone is looking for, and the midfield is still rocking the ghosts of shitebaggery past despite McGinn coming in. Expect the defence to improve but again if the midfield revert to type and offer them zero protection once again they will be fighting flames almost from the get go. We should be better under McGlynn as in we hopefully won't fold like a deck of cards against anyone that shows a bit of fight, but I think playoffs have to be the target but very much depending on who else we get in especially towards the top end of the pitch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some knicker wetting going on IMO considering the league doesn’t start for nearly 6 weeks. 
Players at most clubs have just returned to pre-season training. Lots of time for MCGlynn to sort things still. 
Any predictions at this stage are way too premature. Confident we will still see a good few in and out yet 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think at this point it would be acceptable to be a bit concerned. We still have an enormous amount of guff in our squad, the signings so far haven’t been amazing and ultimately I can’t see us attracting all that high a quality of player to the club given our situation. It really will be a huge job for Mcglynn this season.

Edited by Maverick_-
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

It's frustrating but at the same time other teams in our league aren't really flush with signings either, also still more than 5 weeks until the actual season starts.

I'm worried about who we'll end up having as our striker as arguably that's the most important piece of the puzzle so that's giving me the fear.

Seem to be two strikers training/trialing with us just now but the budget has almost gone - it will be one more signing and loans unless a player or two can be moved on. This isn't secret - its been said a few times in public now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Maverick_- said:

I think at this point it would be acceptable to be a bit concerned. We still have an enormous amount of guff in our squad, the signings so far haven’t been amazing and ultimately I can’t see us attracting all that high a quality of player to the club given our situation. It really will be a huge job for Mcglynn this season.

McGinn is (or at least should be) a great signing. Yes, twilight of his career perhaps, but the first real on the pitch leader in a long time. Can’t imagine him not being Captain. Don’t think our new centre back pairing will disappoint either. I think that bit of the side should be ok.

It’s the midfield that is the concern. If McGlynn comes up with a decent system, and by that I mean one that provides decent service, then a couple of ok front guys should be enough in most situations.

If we don’t win the league, then it’s pointless going nuts about it. What is absolutely not acceptable is a Falkirk side 30 points off top spot…….in fact, double figures behind top spot isn’t really acceptable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Six weeks to try and shift off the top of my head five or six players cos I can't see it being more than that isn't that long n then bring in the same amount. McKay and McCann won't go anywhere as previously mentioned if you're on a wage that has two years to run on money your happy with then why would you. Not like there's folk battering the door down to sign them. I think the obvious scenario will be get Wilson, Holt, Sneddon and Malcolm if he's not wanted out the door either permanent or season loan. Then your into the next batch, can McGlynn get any of Ross, McGuffie, Nesbitt, Hetherington, to go. Big ask, who knows maybe McGlynn will like one or two of them. But after last season none of them deserve to pull the strip on again. And I don't doubt for a minute had we been more flush the fates of some would have been done already. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Think the new strip is decent enough. Hopefully white shorts is an option from an all white away strip. Nice to see a local company run by a Falkirk fan being on front of top. Folk complaining about the size of the sponsors logo should try to remember the TR fastenings shirt sponsor. Now that was big.

image.jpg.ee50955ea00d5796a5528d0251905380.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Well, we’ve now got the carrot up front, so I wonder who’s got the stick? My money would be on Paul Smith. I don’t think that guy will accept less than 100% from anyone.

Effort yes it's the ability that's the "sticking" point. I mean you could batter Wilson wi a stick all day long he'd still be shite at fitba. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Mevilc Bairn said:

Think the new strip is decent enough. Hopefully white shorts is an option from an all white away strip. Nice to see a local company run by a Falkirk fan being on front of top. Folk complaining about the size of the sponsors logo should try to remember the TR fastenings shirt sponsor. Now that was big.

image.jpg.ee50955ea00d5796a5528d0251905380.jpg

Loved that popper stud on the collar. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

This is spot on. I 100% do no expect us to get promoted this season. McGlynn is a very good appointment for where we are however the guys not a miracle worker and has been left with a lot of very poor players bulking out or wage bill who are not good enough.

I know it’s difficult as we are all very frustrated but we need to be patient and give him time to introduce his own players and philosophy which won’t happen overnight.

I expect us to make progress and improve this season which given the shite we’ve endured since Hartley joined is a move in the right direction.

McGlynn works well with a tight budget (unless things are that bad at Falkirk financially) he might struggle in his first season but he will at least get playoffs, his use of the loan market is also a strong point of his, he does have a few mental wild cards Ie Mendy and Riley-Snow….

The thing I’d be worried about the most is his use of strikers he signed a load of strikers for us and only 2 hit 10+ goals Duku and Poplatnik but he does get more right than wrong 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

Seem to be two strikers training/trialing with us just now but the budget has almost gone - it will be one more signing and loans unless a player or two can be moved on. This isn't secret - its been said a few times in public now.

Yeah I get that, my issue is that everybodies looking for a striker who'll score them goals. If Mcglynn's not identified that player yet then there will be slim pickings from what's left of the permanent market. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

the budget has almost gone - it will be one more signing and loans unless a player or two can be moved on. 

Another 6th place finish won’t be a surprise then if that’s the case.

We’re still short all over the pitch for me- no creativity in midfield and nothing of note upfront.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Absolutely no way we should be accepting 4th place before a ball is kicked. 
Absolutely no way we’ll only make 1 more signing either.

 

We've finished 5th & 6th the last two seasons. I'd bite your hand off for 4th right now. It gets you into the play-offs & that's 10 months of work away, for McGlynn & Smith.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Can't see us going anywhere near Adam after the Griffiths debacle

Huge difference between Adam and Griffiths...one has performed kicked a ball....tother hasn't been seen for 3yr

It will actually amuse me where he turns up next....Griffiths obv

Adam is very much capable, he can pass a ball, muscle himself and importantly still kick a ball hard whereas Griffiths cant do any of that.

The wages is obv why we won't be near, his home now Blackpool too surely see him either retire or get a gig local, Dundee thing was obviously a crunchie type thing with Dundee.

 

11 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Is it just the home kit today or both home and away?

If it was last season we'd just have one kit 😀

The fact we had to have a 3rd kit rushed out after we realised our 2nd kit was pushing clubs to play at home in their away kit was another stamp our running of the club was a shambles 

8 hours ago, Russ said:

The tops absolutely fine. Wee bit of red in it which it should be on a Falkirk kit imo. The sponsor is a bit daft but at least the colour matches the top and it’s not some daft eyesore. Navy shorts and socks though are fucking howling. White shorts. Red socks. No hard like.

Red on a Falkirk strip should be ?

Sorry we are blue and white home kit for me, too much red in the current strip.

I agree white shorts red socks as the red but don't mind blue socks.

I also think the carrot should orange

8 hours ago, Hughsie said:

Inoffensive, navy Falkirk top. Fine by me.

Grown adults are going to get worked up about this though, aren’t they? 

Spot on but I rarely buy falkirk tops but the recent steeple one I was like wow gotta have and bought both..... Last season's was like the team in being an all time low.....the white top was a beauty tho......simple is beautiful

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...