The Falkirk FC Thread

36 minutes ago, Forever_Blue_ said:

Yogi purely for getting them relegated. 

On a more serious note, probably Alex Totten? 

No chance. Mr. Falkirk my arse.

Fucked off to be the assistant manager at his beloved Ibrox.

21 hours ago, Kircer bairn said:

You must be the drummer boy with that kind of disclosure as biggest fan of franchise united. Who’s your proper team before the West Lothian experiment was launched?

Think you've misread my post, I'm calling him the biggest fan of conspiracy fc with the amount of conspiracies surrounding Livi he's making up.

Either way though, you've got me confused for someone else as Livi as a club are older than me :D 

1 hour ago, Forever_Blue_ said:

Yogi purely for getting them relegated. 

On a more serious note, probably Alex Totten? 

Willie Cunningham, Geordie Gibson, John Markie, George Watson, Andy Nicol, Crawford Baptie, Wilson Hoggan, Brian Brown and Scott McKenzie would all be more deserving of the honour than Alex Totten.

Theres loads of class players and great servants over the years, but honestly for me, Crunchie is the only one who stands out as befitting of this sort of honour.

I dont think there's an obvious enough candidate that you could name the NS after that it wouldn't just look like you were scraping about trying to find a name because the South had been named.

Before the CI came along and actually made it happen, I reckon more than 90% of Falkirk fans if asked the question, would have said Crunchie before they took a seconds thought.

That now doesn't exist, so just leave it, let it be named for a sponsor and take the money.

No chance. Mr. Falkirk my arse.
Fucked off to be the assistant manager at his beloved Ibrox.

I think he still deserves a lot more respect than you are handing out.
Some of the best times I have had watching the club were under his management….

Man takes higher paid job - shocker! Find me someone in Scottish football who wouldn’t want to get paid more money- it will be a short list.

we seem to have a habit of belittling the achievements of people- Housty got it right at the end of his tenure and the fact that Totten left to go to a higher paid job, shouldn’t take away from his achievements when he was manager or the work he out in for the commercial side of the business. I’m not advocating that we name a stand after him but no reason to downplay all he put into the club.

As a fan, I would like to see The Craig Gowans Stand :( ........... although it would take some persuading of his family to accept it and would bring back unhappy memories ....so in all probablilty a non-starter.

However , it would have been a fitting memory to a young Bairn taken too soon !!!

Edited by Zbairn

16 minutes ago, FFC1982 said:

Man takes higher paid job - shocker! Find me someone in Scottish football who wouldn’t want to get paid more money- it will be a short list.

we seem to have a habit of belittling the achievements of people- Housty got it right at the end of his tenure and the fact that Totten left to go to a higher paid job, shouldn’t take away from his achievements when he was manager or the work he out in for the commercial side of the business. I’m not advocating that we name a stand after him but no reason to downplay all he put into the club.

Don’t have any issues with Totts, made his pension with his move west, and gave us a some incredible results which will always be up there.
My only concerns/disappointment is with how the marketing/commercials have been handled over the past few seasons, now being reported as at best, poor. Maybe its unfair as we had K on board, nevertheless anyone getting free advertising for three seasons is simply wrong.