The Falkirk FC Thread

48 minutes ago, Springfield said:

The mercenaries that run Scottish football (SPL) protect their own. I have no factual information you are referring to, but cant disagree that you make more money from you’re hospitality suites, considering the poor attendances you get.

What you’ve failed to mention is the riches you get being simply for being in the SPL. Referring that extra 1000 fans to any team outside the SPL is nothing ? Get a Fckn grip mate.

Yeah, you're only against the "Self Preservation League" because you're not in it. Absolutely zero question you wouldn't bat an eyelid if Falkirk weren't shit.

Absolutely zero mention of how League Two sides are far more self interested either, funnily.

38 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

"An extra 1000 paying customers is nothing" is one of the wildest takes anyone has ever put on this regularly mental thread.

Fucking hell Random.

It's true, the days of crowd size being a major thing are gone in the lower levels. Clubs like Dundee, Dunfermline, and yourselves, will probably have ~1k more season ticket holders than us this season, yet even ignoring prize money we'll bring in more money. The gap between the historical "bigger" clubs and the "smaller" clubs, defined by support, has vanished.

It's mental to be assuming Livi/County will both plummet down the divisions simply because they have less fans than you.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's incredible that Falkirk fans still think crowd size is relevant to finances.

A whole host of clubs above you make a fortune from other means. We earn more through our suites alone than you earn in season ticket money. Livingston I believe make a fortune hiring out their pitch.

Ross County are the outliers but are you expecting them to drop any further than ICT? Who still look well set for top flight football regularly.

This idea that clubs will "find their level" based on crowd size is nothing more than dreaming. Below the top 5 clubs in the country, crowd size becomes irrelevant if you can bring in money elsewhere. An extra 1000 fans is nothing.

What’s your idea of a fortune 😂. Livingston make more from hiring out their pitch than they would from selling an extra 1000 tickets every week - is that right aye 😂.

That’s an expensive game of 5’s.

3 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Livingston will make most of their money each season turning their 4 home games against the old firm into home games for the old firm. 

With some of the shady characters involved at Livingston I’m sure they will make their money in ways very different to your conventional football club.

7 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I am sure way back when that “stadium maintenance” guidance was set down that the council are indeed liable for the majority of it……..75%(?). If the council choose to spend £500k on the stadium, I am pretty sure that they would expect (demand) that FFC shell out £125k of that.

Sadly, I believe the call of when and how much sits entirely with the council. If FFC said to the council we need you to spend £Xk, the council can say “no chance”. If the council say we are going to spend £XXk, FFC cannot say “no chance”.

That's it in a nutshell. Zero leverage in the agreement and very much a minor player at the stadium as a leaseholder. Made worse by a council that has no goodwill towards the club.

Nothing is going to change in the short or medium term. Possibly the must damaging policy decision by the directors of FFC in its history was leaving Brockville. It could and should have been redeveloped.

That's history now and it should be a long term objective of the club to own the stadium and surrounding facilities outright.

Anybody got an idea of the value on the market ?

Back in 2015, blue snow also occurred in the Russian city of Chelyabinsk, some 1,500 miles to the east of St Petersburg. The cause of that incident was determined to be blue food coloring used in Easter eggs, which had gotten into the ventilation system of a factory and been spread all over the area.

17 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Fed up hearing people hoping Sibbald will sign. There is about a much chance of him signing IMO as blue snow falling from the sky. 

Not to mention the majority of our budget would be spunked royally.

2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Not to mention the majority of our budget would be spunked royally.

And strange though it may sound Im not sure he is what we need given our signings so far and the guys we have already. If we have limited funds left then a striker and some legs in the middle of the park need to be the priority in my opinion. 

34 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

What’s your idea of a fortune 😂. Livingston make more from hiring out their pitch than they would from selling an extra 1000 tickets every week - is that right aye 😂.

That’s an expensive game of 5’s.

1000 extra season tickets is under £300k worth of income.

My point is that's a small financial gap these days so becomes almost irrelevant. If Livingston charge the same as we used to (~£80 half pitch/~£160 full pitch, for an hour), and are selling as many games as I know we did (~12 half pitch matches 4/5 nights a week and a full pitch match) that's £4000 a week. Rule out the winter and you're pushing close to £200k from pitch hire alone.

Unless you have a substantially higher fanbase (5k+) than teams like us, County, ICT etc., then you're batting in the wrong field if you're expecting any financial advantage in higher tiers.

Queens Park could survive on small crowds if they get the off field stuff right, that's the way the game is now.

4 minutes ago, Jackie Myles said:

And strange though it may sound Im not sure he is what we need given our signings so far and the guys we have already. If we have limited funds left then a striker and some legs in the middle of the park need to be the priority in my opinion. 

Best Friends Bff GIF by reactionseditor

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

1000 extra season tickets is under £300k worth of income.

My point is that's a small financial gap these days so becomes almost irrelevant. If Livingston charge the same as we used to (~£80 half pitch/~£160 full pitch, for an hour), and are selling as many games as I know we did (~12 half pitch matches 4/5 nights a week and a full pitch match) that's £4000 a week. Rule out the winter and you're pushing close to £200k from pitch hire alone.

Unless you have a substantially higher fanbase (5k+) than teams like us, County, ICT etc., then you're batting in the wrong field if you're expecting any financial advantage in higher tiers.

Queens Park could survive on small crowds if they get the off field stuff right, that's the way the game is now.

As I said I thought livies ground was owned entirely by West Lothian council?

Edited by Jackie Myles