The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

If so the chances of us signing Simon Murray as slim to none then.

He was being frozen out of QP for months and then got a run in the team when Coyle took over. Would 100% take at FFC and think we would be in with a shout if QP can’t offer him enough games. Not sure it’ll be all on money for him. 

6 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

He was being frozen out of QP for months and then got a run in the team when Coyle took over. Would 100% take at FFC and think we would be in with a shout if QP can’t offer him enough games. Not sure it’ll be all on money for him. 

How he ever got in the team of the season was a complete farce. Played ok at the start and finished strongly but hardly kicked a ball for the vast majority of it.

3 minutes ago, Jackie Myles said:

How he ever got in the team of the season was a complete farce. Played ok at the start and finished strongly but hardly kicked a ball for the vast majority of it.

Agreed Jackie, a player of his quality should be scoring at least 10 a game. 

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Having to groundshare again because they have no stadium yet spending whatever they want on wages for players, managers, DoF and CEO. Hopefully they go the same way as Gretna rather than the Launderers who appear to get away with administration after administration with zero punishment.

This grates with me too.  OK, so there are no rules or laws against a club being bankrolled by a sugar-daddy type and sweeping up the best players.  However, the sugar-daddy won't be around for ever and for a club at our level funding extra tiers of management such as a DOF and a CEO long-term is unsustainable and smacks of madness.  A return to planet earth with a painful bump is on the cards somewhere down the line.

9 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

This grates with me too.  OK, so there are no rules or laws against a club being bankrolled by a sugar-daddy type and sweeping up the best players.  However, the sugar-daddy won't be around for ever and for a club at our level funding extra tiers of management such as a DOF and a CEO long-term is unsustainable and smacks of madness.  A return to planet earth with a painful bump is on the cards somewhere down the line.

What grates me the most is why the f**k did he not buy Falkirk instead? #BigTime

12 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

A QP poster said Haughey has agreed to invest for 8 years so time to establish the club.

From the club statement today 

'Replace the playing surface at the Falkirk Stadium within the next 2 to 3 years and carry out further Stadium maintenance, as well as, in the longer-term, consider our options for the future development of stadium infrastructure'

Hang on here 'Further stadium maintenance' that must be up to the council who own the damn thing and charge the club mighty for using it. With the extra bonus of oncosts such as electricity seconded staff etc with a healthy % mark up.

As Shadwell so eloquently outlined a few weeks ago we are leaseholders and all the club own is the playing surface not the ground it sits on. Seats in the grandstand but not the grandstand.

'Stadium maintenance' should be up to the owners ie the council. Why should the club invest in the improvement of the stadium infrastructure when we have no financial benefit in the increased value it accrues to the worth of the stadium complex.

Not unless the council got us to sign up to maintaining and improving their white elephant for them.

This stadium stitch up rely does piss me off.

54 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Agreed Jackie, a player of his quality should be scoring at least 10 a game. 

It's team of the season not team of the last 3 games. He sat on the bench for a good bit of it at queen's park. Should be nowhere near that team. He's a decent player when fit and on form but wasn't for long parts of this season.

Edited by Jackie Myles

46 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

From the club statement today 

'Replace the playing surface at the Falkirk Stadium within the next 2 to 3 years and carry out further Stadium maintenance, as well as, in the longer-term, consider our options for the future development of stadium infrastructure'

Hang on here 'Further stadium maintenance' that must be up to the council who own the damn thing and charge the club mighty for using it. With the extra bonus of oncosts such as electricity seconded staff etc with a healthy % mark up.

As Shadwell so eloquently outlined a few weeks ago we are leaseholders and all the club own is the playing surface not the ground it sits on. Seats in the grandstand but not the grandstand.

'Stadium maintenance' should be up to the owners ie the council. Why should the club invest in the improvement of the stadium infrastructure when we have no financial benefit in the increased value it accrues to the worth of the stadium complex.

Not unless the council got us to sign up to maintaining and improving their white elephant for them.

This stadium stitch up rely does piss me off.

Eh no. 
We pay an annual service charge which is a fixed fee. I am not saying it is a great deal but there are no extra charges on top that you allude to. 
The improvements mentioned are seats which is the part we own. 
You need to get your facts correct regarding the stadium before the stress you seem to be under over it gets you 

1 minute ago, ebobsboy said:

Brad Spencer re signed at Raith so I think that'll put to bed any Raith players coming to us. 

Not to worried, if McGlynn was wanting certain players over, we’d have seen them by now. We’ve got to trust he’s looking at others elsewhere. 

30 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Brad Spencer re signed at Raith so I think that'll put to bed any Raith players coming to us. 

How’s your midfield set so far? Wondering because with the midfield signings at Raith, Arnott might get crowded out of playing time. JMcG liked him, and I could see him getting loaned.

Mitchell is another, but not sure he’s a League One level winger yet.

29 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Not to worried, if McGlynn was wanting certain players over, we’d have seen them by now. We’ve got to trust he’s looking at others elsewhere. 

He did want Spencer and Benedictus - they'd rather play for other clubs.

11 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

He did want Spencer and Benedictus - they'd rather play for other clubs.

Benedictus has had three red cards playing against us, I'd guess fourth possibly fifth will happen next season.

I'm quite happy he is now a par tbh 

24 minutes ago, TxRover said:

How’s your midfield set so far? Wondering because with the midfield signings at Raith, Arnott might get crowded out of playing time. JMcG liked him, and I could see him getting loaned.

Mitchell is another, but not sure he’s a League One level winger yet.

We've got McGinn and Morrison so far. Mcguffie possibly, need a bit of legs in there now. Going to be interesting to see of the leftover players from last season who McGlynn fancies.

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

A QP poster said Haughey has agreed to invest for 8 years so time to establish the club.

So does that mean in 8 years time QP will have built a steady 8-10,000 fan base that will support the wage bill for high quality players, DOF, CEO and other hangers on without needing supplementary cash injections? Just wondering. Seems a bit far fetched.