The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Last point i'll make on Telfer as football's opinion based so of course we're not all going to agree. Here's the stats from the rest of the centre midfielders/attacking midfielders in the league last season.

Dylan Easton - 8 goals, 9 assists
Charlie Telfer - 5 goals, 8 assists
Luca Connell - 7 goals, 5 assists
Stefan Scougall - 4 goals, 8 assists
Fraser Fyvie - 8 goals, 2 assists
Grant Savoury - 6 goals, 4 assists
Scott Brown - 6 goals, 3 assists
Rhys Mccabe - 5 goals, 4 assists
Adam Frizzell - 3 goals, 5 assists

Player of his ability should be getting double figures in goals easily.

Just now, Jackie Myles said:

Player of his ability should be getting double figures in goals easily.

Aye that's it, he should have been scoring from his own half as least once every 3 games as that's how far back we had him playing all season.

5 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Aye that's it, he should have been scoring from his own half as least once every 3 games as that's how far back we had him playing all season.

His 5 goals were all against the utter dross of the league. Even when we had a decent side two year ago and was played further forward he could only muster  4 again all against the poor sides in the league. He's a player you know can do so much more but hardly ever does. Very frustrating.

Edited by Jackie Myles

20 hours ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

Not impressed with any of our signings - have we learned nothing - If you cannot get decent players at least sign big strong athletes. 

Gary Oliver, no idea who he is, but a striker who hasn't scored more than 10 in a season - He'll be 27  at the start of the season - he's just managed that amount of career goals!

McGinn is a risk, hunners of clubs, lots of mutual consents, had a bad injury in the past - could be well past it.

Mackie = crock

<Season ticket money stays in back pocket>

So who would you like to see us sign? Just mind we are in the 3rd Tier of Scottish football no the premier league. 

What's the point of arguing over Telfer - he's gone.

It was stated at the Directors meeting that we were likely to only sign 5 or 6 players which would mean we won't see many more come in on contracts. I hope the next is the striker we really need. The rest will be made up of loan players and the squad will be c. 24 to 25. So I wouldn't expect many more in as the budget will be close to spent.

10 minutes ago, Double t said:

So who would you like to see us sign? Just mind we are in the 3rd Tier of Scottish football no the premier league. 

I hate us signing players who are just happy to play with us, I want us to sign players who want to play in England or the Old Firm - the only way they can do that is by playing well for us. That means signing young guys freed by bigger clubs or guys like Lyle Taylor. 

The Scottish market is chock a block with dross - at least look to England. - I know, people will retort with Ruben Sammut, Dennon Lewis etc..  but I'd counter with Vaulks and Taylor.  At least with English players they are usally a bit more athletic. 

3 minutes ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

I hate us signing players who are just happy to play with us, I want us to sign players who want to play in England or the Old Firm - the only way they can do that is by playing well for us. That means signing young guys freed by bigger clubs or guys like Lyle Taylor. 

The Scottish market is chock a block with dross - at least look to England. - I know, people will retort with Ruben Sammut, Dennon Lewis etc..  but I'd counter with Vaulks and Taylor.  At least with English players they are usally a bit more athletic. 

Groucho Marx Quotes Club Membership. QuotesGram

2 hours ago, Jackie Myles said:

Depends then what kind of contract he was on or wanted mind you. I'd expect he would've had to take a wage cut if only seen as a squad player and might have thought he'd get better elsewhere anyway.🤷

Aye, quite possibly.

21 minutes ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

Hartley signed a whole squad  of them . Problem is you get far more cash playing down south even in non league than league one in Scotland. You've also got to get them accomodation and the like.  You'll not get many like vaulks that are willing to come up here and play for nothing.

26 minutes ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

More athletic doesn't equal any good. 

i.e Akeel Francis, Tom Dallison, Taylor Morgan, Sammy Omperon, Aidan Keena, Scott Harrison, Paul Paton

All 'big physical' players bought from England who were shite. 

1 hour ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

Absolutely wild take.

Highlighting the few exceptions to make a case against all prior evidence that  English players *might* be better. Close season chat has peaked surely.

Edited by Blame Me
Typo

12 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Queens Park have just announced Savoury.

Absolutely no surprise there. Their wage offers are apparently conjuring up comparisons to the Launderers and Gretna in their pomp.

5 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Absolutely no surprise there. Their wage offers are apparently conjuring up comparisons to the Launderers and Gretna in their pomp.

If so the chances of us signing Simon Murray as slim to none then.

24 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Having to groundshare again because they have no stadium yet spending whatever they want on wages for players, managers, DoF and CEO. Hopefully they go the same way as Gretna rather than the Launderers who appear to get away with administration after administration with zero punishment.

36 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Having to groundshare again because they have no stadium yet spending whatever they want on wages for players, managers, DoF and CEO. Hopefully they go the same way as Gretna rather than the Launderers who appear to get away with administration after administration with zero punishment.

Animated GIF