The Falkirk FC Thread

11 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Patched by the club for season ticket renewal, patched by the supporters organisation. Now while I suspect a stinging knockback isn't a new experience for you wee red dot Rambo, maybe, just maybe, they are trying to tell you something.

I think you're a tit but you're getting a greenie for "you wee red dot Rambo" as that's actually half decent.

Guest FFC1965

Just renewed my ST online.   I guess at this stage of affairs its only death that's going to prevent me always renewing.   Wanted to do so early in the hope that a good number of renewals early doors give the clubs player recruitment a bit more oomph and shows the club that we are behind the new regime.    

Process was easy peasy, even with the OTP carry on that the banks insist on now for large payments these days.

I tried to have a nosey at the cost of the VIP upgrade just to see how much it was (never going to do it like) but couldn't see where the hospitality section was on the ticketing website.  Maybe its not live yet.  

Dearly hoping that better times are around the corner - f**k me we deserve a break.  

9 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Sorry to deviate from the fitba' ... any suggestions on parking for tonight?

I think the traffic last night was a bit of a riot so I'd recommend getting through as early as you can. You've got the industrial estate just behind the mcdonalds on earlsgate roundabout or the opposite side of the stadium you'll find a space in the housing estate. 

2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I think the traffic last night was a bit of a riot so I'd recommend getting through as early as you can. You've got the industrial estate just behind the mcdonalds on earlsgate roundabout or the opposite side of the stadium you'll find a space in the housing estate. 

Cheers, think I've used the industrial estate before ... just hope the dreaded no parking cones aren't put out everywhere ...

4 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

The bog was shut to local traffic only when I passed about 10pm last night so not sure if that’ll be open before hand.

3 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Cheers, think I've used the industrial estate before ... just hope the dreaded no parking cones aren't put out everywhere ...

Industrial estate looked to be reserved for coach parking only last night. Certainly could see 10/11 buses all parked down the main first road in. 

Callander Business Park would be my shout or parking nearer the town. 

9 minutes ago, FFC1965 said:

Just renewed my ST online.   I guess at this stage of affairs its only death that's going to prevent me always renewing.   Wanted to do so early in the hope that a good number of renewals early doors give the clubs player recruitment a bit more oomph and shows the club that we are behind the new regime.    

Process was easy peasy, even with the OTP carry on that the banks insist on now for large payments these days.

I tried to have a nosey at the cost of the VIP upgrade just to see how much it was (never going to do it like) but couldn't see where the hospitality section was on the ticketing website.  Maybe its not live yet.  

Dearly hoping that better times are around the corner - f**k me we deserve a break.  

Cant see the hospitality button either. To answer your question as to the cost for use of the 11 Lounge, I believe it’s only a £20 top up. But unlike the south stand bar, you can’t get a beer at HT. Just pre & post match. 

3 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

The Callander business park was being used as "official" stadium parking and there was overspill onto Callander Road from what I could see.

Roads into the Bog were closed but we parked in Randyford Street as the steward didn't seem that fussed about enforcing it for local access if you seemed like a local and knew some street names!

51 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Pretty sure concerts are not part of the Commercial Managers remit and are handled by an arms length events organisation.

Opportunity missed for me. Lots of great commercial opportunities for local businesses on the back of events with c.20k people in attendance. Should be a big part of our Commercial Managers remit and if it’s not the commercial manager should make it so.

46 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I joined FSS more than 2 months ago and haven't had a single email from them as yet. I've had it confirmed that I'm a member (had to contact them myself as they don't send any confirmation of membership) and told I'm on the distribution list for comms so can only assume they've sent nothing at all in that time.

For contrast, I bought a ticket for a Bonnyrigg Rose playoff game a few weeks ago and they now send me a weekly newsletter. 

We have sent out more than 5 email newsletters in that period. There is an issue with spam filters that have stopped some people getting them and as a result we have moved from mailchimp to a new email processor which seems to have improved things about 30% but some people still don't get them. Unfortunately it is your ISP that is preventing them from arriving. We always put the mailing up on the website after 3 days (to give some exclusivity to members) so you can get it there.

So I'm sorry if you are not receiving them - please PM me with your email address and I will try to sort something out for you.

14 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

It’s nothing new this. At least we seem to be trying to address the fundamental issue now at least. 

Do you? It looks like you lost 900k, and are going to lose another 900k this year. 

What on earth are you addresing and how slowly are you doing it? 

57 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Industrial estate looked to be reserved for coach parking only last night. Certainly could see 10/11 buses all parked down the main first road in. 

Callander Business Park would be my shout or parking nearer the town. 

100% got caught in the B&Q area, absolute nightmare cars parked all over.

Callander Park - plenty of parking in the car parks. 

23 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Do you? It looks like you lost 900k, and are going to lose another 900k this year. 

I can only go off the information we've received from the board and what's been said on here but I believe the 900k refers to just this years loss and that's down to numerous different attrocities at the club. The aim is to bring that down to 400k for the next year. 

The new board have only been in charge since about November so they've revamped the non playing side of things, reducing the number of paid staff members we have at the same time thus hopefully decreasing costs.

Commercially we've clearly been a trainwreck for the last few years, someone mentioned on here there were sponsorship boards up in our stadium 3 years after they'd last paid anything to the club simply down to the fact nobody had been keeping track of it. So companies had 3 years of free sponsorship at the stadium due to us being absolute basket cases. Also reported on here whoever signed up the last shirt sponsor agreed to monthly payments and we only ever received the first payment and that's it. 

Bringing in a fud nugget of a DOF then having to pay him off as he's absolutely shite at whatever he does also doesn't do wonders for the money pit.

Of course this is only the tip of the iceberg as there must be many other things that have yet to come out which are probably even more damning than the above.

Edited by FFC 1876

2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I can only go off the information we've received from the board and what's been said on here but I believe the 900k refers to just this years loss and that's down to numerous different attrocities at the club. The aim is to bring that down to 400k for the next year. 

There's every chance I read it wrong tbf.

"

• we had 720k in bank at start of 2021/22 (we were lucky due to apparently receiving a sell-on clause for Will Vaulks and some residual Rawlins investment)
  • since taking over in 21/22 the new board are running at 2 times the normal operating loss (anticipated loss this year will be a staggering 900k+)"

Reads to me that you had over 700k in the bank at the start of last season (21/22), and the anticipated lost for this season will also be 900k? Or by this year are they meaning the season just gone? 

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

Sorry to deviate from the fitba' ... any suggestions on parking for tonight?

I parked up in Laurieston at the back of Laurie's and walked down from there.

11 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

There's every chance I read it wrong tbf.

"

• we had 720k in bank at start of 2021/22 (we were lucky due to apparently receiving a sell-on clause for Will Vaulks and some residual Rawlins investment)
  • since taking over in 21/22 the new board are running at 2 times the normal operating loss (anticipated loss this year will be a staggering 900k+)"

Reads to me that you had over 700k in the bank at the start of last season (21/22), and the anticipated lost for this season will also be 900k? Or by this year are they meaning the season just gone? 

Obviously this is just me speculating but I read that as, we had 720k in the bank in the summer of 2021, we've lost 900k+ over the 2021/22 season so essentially we're at -280k. Surely we've not lost the 720k along with an extra 900k.

Edited by FFC 1876

44 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Yes. We changed Board at the AGM. Most of the loss season just finished was incurred by commitments the previous Board made. 

The new Board are projecting a loss this season but not to that scale. They will get investment in IMO. 

8 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Obviously this is just me speculating but I read that as, we had 720k in the bank in the summer of 2021, we've lost 900k+ over the 2021/22 season so essentially we're at -280k. Surely we've not lost the 720k along with an extra 900k.

No we haven’t 

900k is the loss, mostly incurred by commitments made by the old Board