Jump to content

The Falkirk FC Thread


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Good grass > good astro > shite grass > shite astro

I agree. All things being equal financially I'd have grass every day.

I prefer watching football on grass and the eco warrior in me doesn't want to see more plastic in the world where a living thing should be. everytime I see someone with plastic grass in their garden my heart dies a little 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ebobsboy said:

You'd hope Wilson, Sneddon and Holt jnr will get punted out on loan somewhere. Getting rid of the rest will be difficult. 

 

The contracted players if they have sense will come back in good condition and impress. McGynn is nobodies mug and will have them told its a fresh start for them all. You never know some might just surprise us all after all it cant have been easy with last seasons management.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I agree. All things being equal financially I'd have grass every day.

I prefer watching football on grass and the eco warrior in me doesn't want to see more plastic in the world where a living thing should be. everytime I see someone with plastic grass in their garden my heart dies a little 

Should get their gardens taken off them imo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I agree. All things being equal financially I'd have grass every day.

I prefer watching football on grass and the eco warrior in me doesn't want to see more plastic in the world where a living thing should be. everytime I see someone with plastic grass in their garden my heart dies a little 

Yeah totally agree. The circle that must be squared for us tho is that good grass is top of the tree. But you can't have good grass and make money from it. 

Shite grass and shite astro are both terrible for football AND making money, which leaves good astro as the sensible solution for a club who can have afford to have good grass. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The contracted players if they have sense will come back in good condition and impress. McGynn is nobodies mug and will have them told its a fresh start for them all. You never know some might just surprise us all after all it cant have been easy with last seasons management.

Some might but Wilson won't not now not ever. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Renewed our season tickets this morning at the club shop. Steady stream of punters doing the same which was great to see. 

Online sales/renewals from next week but shop is open tomorrow for those local too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I’ll renew once the online sales start.

I wonder where the club are looking at to set up a new training base. This was mentioned last night and they said they hoped to find somewhere that could accommodate all age groups. Thinking locally the only place I could think of with such a set up was Little Kerse. Not sure if that’s an option though as I’m pretty sure when we left there the last time it was not on good terms with the owner, could be wrong though.

Edited by Harry Kinnear
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I’ll renew once the online sales start.

I wonder where the club are looking at to set up a new training base. This was mentioned last night and they said they hoped to find somewhere that could accommodate all age groups. Thinking locally the only place I could think of with such a set up was Little Kerse. Not sure if that’s an option though as I’m pretty sure when we left there the last time it was not on good terms with the owner, could be wrong though.

New owner now. Now owned and run by a well known Falkirk fan so could see it happening. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

That’s an absolutely horrendous state of affairs if true and an abuse of the fans/members trust in the set up, it isn’t being run as a democratic members organisation. Unless things change people paying they’re money every month should be made aware of this and perhaps transfer membership and direct debits over to the FSS which is obviously fully democratic. We don’t need more people involved who treat the fans money and our club as they’re own personal play thing, if you want to play the big man and make demands on the club without consulting the fans/members who raised the cash then don’t take they’re money trying to play the big shot.  Walk the walk yourself, let’s see the colour of your own personal cash to fund it. 

Whole raft of folk ready to leave B4L for the reasons you've stated above. Self inflicted due to one man's ego. Absolutely no consultation with the membership no wonder they're leaving. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

Whole raft of folk ready to leave B4L for the reasons you've stated above. Self inflicted due to one man's ego. Absolutely no consultation with the membership no wonder they're leaving. 

I’d rather my £10 was going Into FSS at the moment than B4l after last night.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

I’d rather my £10 was going Into FSS at the moment than B4l after last night.

I’m with you on this. Been with B4L for a long time but not interested in contributing towards grass seed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Surely there must be an easy mechanism where B4L direct debits can simply be transferred over to the supporters society, running the two in tandem never made sense to me and at least with the supporters society we get shares in the club for our money, two seats on the BOD and a democratic one member one vote system on how not only the FSS is run but an influence within the club itself as well via the elected reps.

Edited by LatapyBairn.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m an FSS member and I did suggest in an earlier post that the money from FSS, BFL could be an option towards renewing the pitch when the time comes. The decision on this should be put to the members for consideration first though and the type of pitch they go for should be down to the board/club.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

BFL was set up to provide funds for the manager to boost his squad in January as previous regimes always said there was never any money to do that.

I thought it a good idea because of that issue. Then mysteriously the club found a wad of cash to fund Hartley’s January spree after he cleared out Houstie’s team. 

I stopped contributing then, not because it was a bad scheme or I didn’t like those running it but because the supporters had been duped by the then Board to cough up cash when all along they could find it themselves. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...