The Falkirk FC Thread

53 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
58 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:
I reckon he's been on 4 separate holidays since he's been in charge of us, always going on wee jaunts. Hopefully just going to meet potential players and telling his Mrs it's a holiday.

Hopefully he's at Tim Hortons treating Sibbs to a wee pastry and a big f**k off contract

Would be a great signing 

3 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:
4 hours ago, Springfield said:
Would be a great signing 

What position does Tim Horton play? I heard he was a right doughnut!

Punted from his last club as a CH for leaving holes in the middle of defence.

Edited by Sarcastic Bairn

22 hours ago, AGPar said:

Do you never tire of defending the indefensible? Your excuses for last season's bunch are truly laughable. They showed up for a few weeks in August, turned in a gutless performance against a Barry Ferguson-managed Alloa Athletic on the 11th of September...and then immediately downed tools and dialled it in for the remaining eight months of the season. Barely tried a leg. There has never been a Falkirk squad who gave less of a toss. Unlike a poor run of form, or a loss of confidence, that is completely and utterly unacceptable. And unforgivable. You're never slow to make comparisons with the past - have you completely forgotten Jim Jefferies winning a 1st Division championship against a background of boardroom strife and unrest that obliterates by a million miles anything that was going on last season? In fact, most of Jefferies' five years was conducted in an atmosphere of poison and civil war, making his achievements all the more creditable.

The support owe them nothing. McGlynn, I'll bet, would be well shot of the vast majority of them tomorrow if he could. Holt's - and to a lesser extent Sheerin's - madness makes that impossible. I'm sure he's already informed a few that their career prospects would be enhanced if they could find an alternative employer. The chances of that happening are unfortunately extremely slim. Every move he has made and will make in terms of new signings will be in relation to players ready to go straight into the first team so that he has to rely on as few of last season's mob as possible. His job, and Falkirk's promotion, prospects, rest on it. I have faith in McGlynn and Smith and am reasonably happy with what he has managed to bring in to date. But the vast majority of those still hanging about from last season? Forget it.

McGynn will give the contracted players a chance nothing to lose in doing that and a lot to gain.

Turn a few players around and save money in buying out their contracts and have a squad player that can do a turn.

You may not like it but that's what's going to happen.

22 hours ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

Rennie came in with the intention of signing 4 players from the USA it seems. That was immediately quashed by FFC not having an international bond (£3,000) which would allow those signings. That set everything back and was Holt's/BOD's fault. I feel sorry for him although his lack of stature in the player's eyes was an issue also it seems.

For the life of me, I don’t see how he could sign players from the USA with or without the bond. Scottish football has the same qualifying tests for a work permit as England.

How Falkirk FC were ever going to amass the necessary points for four overseas players is beyond me. I genuinely think he didn’t understand the qualifying rules at the time.

20 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

McGynn will give the contracted players a chance nothing to lose in doing that and a lot to gain.

Turn a few players around and save money in buying out their contracts and have a squad player that can do a turn.

You may not like it but that's what's going to happen.

What do you care? You can't even call the guy by his correct name, you're just taking the piss!

5 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

I reckon he's been on 4 separate holidays since he's been in charge of us, always going on wee jaunts. Hopefully just going to meet potential players and telling his Mrs it's a holiday.

Unlike one of our past managers who was porking his way up and down Britain under this excuse.

14 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Yes, for the league cup group games plus a number of league games. Lesser Hampden looks nowhere near ready too. 

Lesser Hampden has been getting rebuilt for about 5 year. I don't think any of us will see QP play there in our lifetimes.

50 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Daily record reporting Brad Spencer's signed a new one year deal with Raith. Booooooo

Nothing official as of yet but would be surprised if it's not the case. Had McGlynn made it known he was keen to bring the majority of our out of contract players to Falkirk or was that purely speculative paper talk? With it looking likely Spencer will stay with us and Bene heading to Dunfermline there's not many left for you to take. Are you needing a right back as there's been heehaw talk on what's happening with Tumilty?