The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

Mcglynn said in his first interview the next few weeks would define our season, we're almost on week 4 and preseason starts next week. My optimism's building but we still need a good few players in and out before I start to get excited about this season.

Goalkeeper 
PJ Morrison
Paddy Martin
Luke Holt

Defenders
Blair Sneddon
Ryan Williamson
Brad Mckay
Leon McCann
Paul Watson
Liam Henderson
Coll Donaldson

Midfielders
Callumn Morrison
Steven Hetherington
Aidan Nesbitt
Craig Mcguffie
Seb Ross

Strikers
Jaime Wilson
Finlay Malcolm

Agree but it will happen. 

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Last season the managers and the background boardroom goings on was never going to bring the best out the players.

McGynn rightly has wiped the slate clean and given them a fresh start the least the support can do is give them a chance. By doing that then a few might just surprise us.

Nothing to lose everything to gain.

Do you never tire of defending the indefensible? Your excuses for last season's bunch are truly laughable. They showed up for a few weeks in August, turned in a gutless performance against a Barry Ferguson-managed Alloa Athletic on the 11th of September...and then immediately downed tools and dialled it in for the remaining eight months of the season. Barely tried a leg. There has never been a Falkirk squad who gave less of a toss. Unlike a poor run of form, or a loss of confidence, that is completely and utterly unacceptable. And unforgivable. You're never slow to make comparisons with the past - have you completely forgotten Jim Jefferies winning a 1st Division championship against a background of boardroom strife and unrest that obliterates by a million miles anything that was going on last season? In fact, most of Jefferies' five years was conducted in an atmosphere of poison and civil war, making his achievements all the more creditable.

The support owe them nothing. McGlynn, I'll bet, would be well shot of the vast majority of them tomorrow if he could. Holt's - and to a lesser extent Sheerin's - madness makes that impossible. I'm sure he's already informed a few that their career prospects would be enhanced if they could find an alternative employer. The chances of that happening are unfortunately extremely slim. Every move he has made and will make in terms of new signings will be in relation to players ready to go straight into the first team so that he has to rely on as few of last season's mob as possible. His job, and Falkirk's promotion, prospects, rest on it. I have faith in McGlynn and Smith and am reasonably happy with what he has managed to bring in to date. But the vast majority of those still hanging about from last season? Forget it.

Edited by AGPar

1 hour ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

Rennie came in with the intention of signing 4 players from the USA it seems. That was immediately quashed by FFC not having an international bond (£3,000) which would allow those signings. That set everything back and was Holt's/BOD's fault. I feel sorry for him although his lack of stature in the player's eyes was an issue also it seems.

Complete lack of self awareness by those imposters stinking out the dressing room.

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Last season the managers and the background boardroom goings on was never going to bring the best out the players.

McGynn rightly has wiped the slate clean and given them a fresh start the least the support can do is give them a chance. By doing that then a few might just surprise us.

Nothing to lose everything to gain.

Do me a big favour mate. Please call him McGlynn, not McGynn.

2 hours ago, JulioBairn said:

Relax Duncan, it won’t be that group of players. We’ve already made 3 signings, I believe another 2 have verbally agreed to sign and there will be at least 3 more on top of that. That’s before we cut ties with some of the deadwood we’ve been left. 

Will Gary Oliver and Sean Mackie improve you that much.....

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Mcglynn said in his first interview the next few weeks would define our season, we're almost on week 4 since said interview and preseason starts next week. My optimism's building but we still need a good few players in and out before I start to get excited about this season.

Goalkeeper 
PJ Morrison
Paddy Martin
Luke Holt

Defenders
Blair Sneddon
Ryan Williamson
Brad Mckay
Leon McCann
Paul Watson
Liam Henderson
Coll Donaldson

Midfielders
Callumn Morrison
Steven Hetherington
Aidan Nesbitt
Craig Mcguffie
Seb Ross

Strikers
Jaime Wilson
Finlay Malcolm

I believe Finlay Malcolm has been moved on. Which leaves Wilson, who tries like a bear, but whom Mcglynn will probably take one session to look at, and see enough. 

So for me, as good as signing a spine of keeper / CBS is, really gets the plums pumping. At least 2/3 new strikers to come. 

1 hour ago, kiddy said:

Tremendous, do we have the new Lapaty?

Nah, I think that was stolen by the Rawlings brigade. Mind you, “Rawlings” was the addition of a letter, “McGynn” is the subtraction of a letter, and Lapaty was (copyright Eric Morecambe) “all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order”.

Difficult call. Three entirely different disciplines.

14 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Do me a big favour mate. Please call him McGlynn, not McGynn.

Instead of a higlights package from last season we could have a round-up of HSWs greatest telts. 

My favourite was when he was slavering on about how much he knows about American businessmen before someone telling him Rawlins was from Stoke.

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

I know it’s a Sunday but a signing would be good today….😂

Trying to get near the stadium is like a military operation since the killers set up started going in if only we had a training base to announce players.

I know it’s a Sunday but a signing would be good today….😂

Didn’t someone say a page ago your manager was on holiday? You can guarantee 99% of available players are too. 

4 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Trying to get near the stadium is like a military operation since the killers set up started going in if only we had a training base to announce players.

Who can forget the fateful night we announced the signing of Marcus Haber from a hotel in Glasgow (Radisson Red near the Hydro I think) on the same evening as Little Mix were playing at the stadium. 

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Didn’t someone say a page ago your manager was on holiday? You can guarantee 99% of available players are too. 

He is on holiday but then he was when we announced the last couple too. 

He is on holiday but then he was when we announced the last couple too. 

I reckon he's been on 4 separate holidays since he's been in charge of us, always going on wee jaunts. Hopefully just going to meet potential players and telling his Mrs it's a holiday.

I reckon he's been on 4 separate holidays since he's been in charge of us, always going on wee jaunts. Hopefully just going to meet potential players and telling his Mrs it's a holiday.
Hopefully he's at Tim Hortons treating Sibbs to a wee pastry and a big f**k off contract

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
6 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Hopefully he's at Tim Hortons treating Sibbs to a wee pastry and a big f**k off contract

Tbf if he’s at Tim Hortons and not getting the 99p Timbits offer I’m not sure I trust him with our budget.

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Tbf if he’s at Tim Hortons and not getting the 99p Timbits offer I’m not sure I trust him with our budget.

I also hope it's a drive through job, as Queens Park are ground sharing with Stenny now so their sugar daddy might hijack the meeting and buy a f**k load of the timbits to sweeten the deal.