The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

If the season tickets are to go on sale on Wednesday then I anticipate a few well timed announcements before then 🙌🏻

McKay, Hetherington et al getting emptied would be as good as a new signing. 

I’m not sure “desperately in decline” is the right phrase but their are parts of the stadium that just need to be looked after better. Even just cleaned would be something. And it’s not all the council’s issue.

Club - Seats need cleaned/power washed & in some cases replaced (I know the club are repairing broken seats currently for the concerts but football is just as important). 

South Stand toilets are poor (no idea about Main stand ones) with no hot water, rarely toilet paper or paper towels considering the hand dryer is the equivalent of a puff of air. 

Not sure if this is club or council, would wager it’s the club, but 18 years at the stadium and we STILL have temporary metal fencing up is really tin pot. And it’s not even kept well at that. 

Council - Navy pillars outside the main stand could do with a lick of paint as mentioned & the external signage lights barely work at all. Both the main stadium sign & the FFC badges at both ends are either out or partially out. 

The old 5 a side pitches need flattened as is just an eye sore & looks like a place that people go to pump shit into themselves or let their dogs empty their guts. Considering the stadium does most of the Helix/Kelpies parking on non match days, you’d think they would want to give a good impression of Falkirk as a town to the thousands of visitors every week. 

4 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

McKay, Hetherington et al getting emptied would be as good as a new signing. 

I think Hetherington will get a chance tbh. Even if it’s just a bench spot. Especially if we ACTUALLY look to use him in the role he succeeded at with Alloa. 

I think Hetherington will get a chance tbh. Even if it’s just a bench spot. Especially if we ACTUALLY look to use him in the role he succeeded at with Alloa. 

Was he not used primarily as a ball winning/box to box midfielder at Alloa? He has shown absolutely nothing at all that would suggest he could perform in such a role. If McGlynn wants to keep him around then fair enough but is much rather he was punted.

16 minutes ago, Russ said:

Was he not used primarily as a ball winning/box to box midfielder at Alloa? He has shown absolutely nothing at all that would suggest he could perform in such a role. If McGlynn wants to keep him around then fair enough but is much rather he was punted.

I presumed he must have been groundsman or worked in the office to succeed at alloa.

19 minutes ago, Russ said:

Ball winning midfielder who then gave it to someone talented (Hetheringtons own words at the end of season do I am told). 

40 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

I’m not sure “desperately in decline” is the right phrase but their are parts of the stadium that just need to be looked after better. Even just cleaned would be something. And it’s not all the council’s issue.

Club - Seats need cleaned/power washed & in some cases replaced (I know the club are repairing broken seats currently for the concerts but football is just as important). 

South Stand toilets are poor (no idea about Main stand ones) with no hot water, rarely toilet paper or paper towels considering the hand dryer is the equivalent of a puff of air. 

Not sure if this is club or council, would wager it’s the club, but 18 years at the stadium and we STILL have temporary metal fencing up is really tin pot. And it’s not even kept well at that. 

Council - Navy pillars outside the main stand could do with a lick of paint as mentioned & the external signage lights barely work at all. Both the main stadium sign & the FFC badges at both ends are either out or partially out. 

The old 5 a side pitches need flattened as is just an eye sore & looks like a place that people go to pump shit into themselves or let their dogs empty their guts. Considering the stadium does most of the Helix/Kelpies parking on non match days, you’d think they would want to give a good impression of Falkirk as a town to the thousands of visitors every week. 

Good post maybe “desperately” was a bit OTT, but your post confirms that it’s more than “shabby” 

59 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Thank you the clerk of works 😂

42 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Thank you the clerk of works 😂

Would happily sit on faded seat with rusty rivets to watch a semblance of attacking football again...as someone who has stepped away & hasn't renewed since Houston's last season...after Jamie's social media plea./propoganda...I'm genuinely thinking about it...may actually pull the trigger 

16 minutes ago, Hugh Hillshaveyes said:

Would happily sit on faded seat with rusty rivets to watch a semblance of attacking football again...as someone who has stepped away & hasn't renewed since Houston's last season...after Jamie's social media plea./propoganda...I'm genuinely thinking about it...may actually pull the trigger 

A very old clique, but I’f there’s a time for guys like you to return and back the club there’s no time like the present. 

37 minutes ago, Hugh Hillshaveyes said:

Go on.

You know it makes sense.

44 minutes ago, Hugh Hillshaveyes said:

Do it!

12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Why did the 5 a side pitches get left to that nick anyway? They used to be pretty busy

I'm not sure whether it was because the main pitch was using the changing rooms and they didn't want it taking away customers.🤷

55 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Why did the 5 a side pitches get left to that nick anyway? They used to be pretty busy

When the club opened up the main pitch for hire, that took business away from the council (thankfully) plus Little Kerse opened too. 

11 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

When the club opened up the main pitch for hire, that took business away from the council (thankfully) plus Little Kerse opened too. 

If anything the local area is saturated with artificial pitches now. Since our main pitch was laid there are new 4g facilities being opened or upgraded elsewhere. Near enough every district withing Falkirk is within a 5 minute drive of one now. 

Another reason why I suspect we will go back to grass soon. 

On another point, I wonder what that will mean for the Shire if it did happen? Even a top class grass/hybrid pitch would be difficult to maintain. 

Edited by latapythelegend