The Falkirk FC Thread

Brilliant day at the Bairns Business Club sportsman’s lunch today in Grangemouth. Speakers were superb in Phil Differ & Dick Campbell (who spoke very well about the club, fans & McGlynn) and more importantly 150 attended the sold out event raising almost £10k for the Football Club/Specific Football Club Projects. 

Great to see club directors & the CEO involved too and their was a far more positive vibe amongst the fans & staff imho. Brilliant work as always by those who organised. COYB. 

25 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Brilliant day at the Bairns Business Club sportsman’s lunch today in Grangemouth. Speakers were superb in Phil Differ & Dick Campbell (who spoke very well about the club, fans & McGlynn) and more importantly 150 attended the sold out event raising almost £10k for the Football Club/Specific Football Club Projects. 

Great to see club directors & the CEO involved too and their was a far more positive vibe amongst the fans & staff imho. Brilliant work as always by those who organised. COYB. 

Yes, really enjoyed it.

One small criticism was that I thought it went on a bit too long.

Well done, the organisers.

Guest FFC1965

Really enjoyed the podcast. 

I didn't know a great deal about Swinney before listening to it, as a result he's gone up my estimation.  

10/10

11 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Now the signings have started it would be great to get some news that we've also unexpectedly got rid of a few of the duffers

I think it's imperative we do,we have too many wage theives still on the books regardless of who we bring in. McGlynn might be able to get a tune out of one or two but he hopefully knows dross like Sneddon, Wilson, Holt, Ross for starters have to go. 

6 hours ago, superandy_07 said:

Just making my way through it just now, lots of great information and Jamie comes across really well

He comes across well but to me he shouid be allowed and enabled to do the job he was recruited for rather than being expected to be a jack of all trades with also leading the youth set up and ‘adding value’ to the football side.

No one can possibly perform all those roles effectively.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

5 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

He comes across well but to me he shouid be allowed and enabled to do the job he was recruited for rather than being expected to be a jack of all trades with also leading the youth set up and ‘adding value’ to the football side.

I think given his background in youth development he himself is the one muddling it a bit and then there's the fact he did everything under the sun at Stenny so it's just trying to break that habit. He did mention that there would be a part time head of youth coming in so hopefully that splits it out a bit.

Think that's only really been the case whilst they recruit new employees for the new structure. Then he can concentrate on his CEO work.

He is the CEO. He is responsible for all aspects of the club. He has to have an involvement across the Board. The trick is to ensure those who report to him do the job they are employed to do. 
I think the club should take no lectures from anyone previously involved or their associates in the organisation about how it should be run after the mess that was left. 
As someone said to me there are still people hanging around the club who would be happy being Directors of Ashes. In other words if the place was rubble it wouldn’t matter as long as they had power. 

13 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Quite enjoyed that Podcast with Jamie Swinney 

I really appreciated the honesty. Absolutely no hiding away. Ambitious but realistic. Stenhousemuir being a better run club says a lot.

Edited by Just a bairn

11 minutes ago, Just a bairn said:

I really appreciated the honesty. Absolutely no hiding away. Ambitious but realisitc. Stenhousemuir being a better run club says a lot.

Words are easy. The rights words are harder but still easier than actions. It looks promising, it sounds like we are putting the foundations in place but it is a results driven business. At the end of the day that is what Jamie, JMcG and the Board will be judged on. I am optimistic, we seem to be catching a few little breaks here and there now too. Here’s hoping we can start to win games which will be the only thing that will really turn things around. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

8 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Hopefully fans now understand the magnitude of the task facing the current employees and new bod.  The last mob should never be allowed back in the ground ever again.

Or invited to compere Sportsman's dinners in Elliots.

A very informative and transparent interview. I'd make it mandatory for all fans to listen to this and hopefully, the reasonable supporters will understand what has been inherited and what it will take to fix it. Yes, it's only words, we've had many before, but there seems to be a plan and determination to rebuild our club. As fans we can play a huge part in this if we really want it.

Great podcast. Dare I say it, some optimism after years of brutal club mismanagement. Open and frank discussion of how far we’ve fallen. Just hoping the club have considered all options  in helping fans back the club in anyway this season.

Main thing for me was something I’ve said for years even before our slump was the main focus being on the playing field. That cannot be understated, it’s great doing all the fancy dancy community/ethical stuff etc as that sure helps to bring in some income but we should NEVER LOSE SIGHT OF THE MAIN FOCUS OF ANY FOOTBALL TEAM SHOULD BE A COMPETITIVE TEAM THAT WINS ON A SATURDAY AND FOR TOO LONG THIS HAS BEEN MISPLACED BY THIS CLUB AS IF THIS WAS A SECONDARY SIDESHOW.

Good interview he came across really well and gives us some hope for the future.

Over to you John McGlynn!

Guest Ecosse83

Managed to get it working and have to say I’m well impressed with that. It’s great to be told these things but hopefully in the coming years results take over and things are running smoothly in the background. It seems like we are on the right tracks now though 👏

Very good podcast and Swinney came across well.  Said all the right things and as others have said let's hope we can start getting results then no-one will care about whose left their role in the pie hut.  Swinney will then get the chance to work away, putting things right behind the scenes away from the spotlight.  

If the podcasts are going to be monthly then McGlynn is an obvious next guest but I'd like to hear from some of the board in future editions.  Would be great to familiarise themselves more with those of us who don't know them.  The Q&A will do that but realistically I (and many like me I expect who are busy with families/jobs etc) won't go to that.  Much easier to listen into a podcast.  Well done all involved!  

Preseason starting on the 11th of June, two weeks today. Can we have a signing or seven today please Mr Mcglynn?

New
New Donaldson Henderson Mccann
New New
Morrison New New
New

Edited by FFC 1876