The Falkirk FC Thread

Sure I would love to see my heroes in the premiership like Ross County and Inverness

How did they achieve this astonishing feat of playing in the mighty top division?

Alongside Hamilton and St Johnstone as well?

To be fair, it was more my mate who was chatting to him and he was pretty drunk...so add the language barrier / accent and he may have been misinterpreted.

Good to see someone from outside the central belt being tracked though!

I don't really get this central belt rubbish. If they are good enough I could not care if all 11 come from Langlees

I love the term happy clappers used as some form of insult. Is it wrong to happily clap your team and looking positively at their efforts? Some people give a big amount of their weekly income to go and watch a team and then it is wrong to be optimistic. The board are usually fans of the club but unfortunately also carry the burden of making sure we have a sustainable long term future. The balancing of prudence and ambition is a difficult task and one not many of us would happily enjoy. Spend the money and fail and your slated save the money for long term stability and your tarred with lack of ambition. Sure I would love to see my heroes in the premiership like Ross County and Inverness ( both of whom have little support ) but until we do reach there a will happily clap the efforts of the team and not spend all my time off slating their efforts. Do you think PH wants a mediocre team or a winning one?

Happy clapping I deem as people who see it completely one way. Nothing the club does is wrong. There appears to be some on here. I think I am pretty balanced. Through both knowledge and track record I believe there is no ambition in the Boardroom. You may not agree with that. I can live with that. Their track record of financial prudence is also very questionable. Many many mistakes, stadium make up, poor cost control in the past, poor managerial appointments, messing up concerts etc...These all lead to our financial troubles. I am certainly not, and never have advocated going daft. In fact I was very vocal when we were blowing cash like confetti before.

I think Houston certainly wants a winning one. However he stated at the fans meeting, on FFCTV and in other media outlets it is difficult to get the quality to improve the team on the money being offered. Now you could argue the old lazy argument. I have no idea if that is true or not. There maybe well be an element of him having to look harder. I accept that. However everytime we have won this league we have invested in the side.

I think we missed an opportunity post the final. Some others don't. I get the lets wait argument till Sevco and Hibs leave the league to have a go. However we have made excuses before about not investing in the team (Ross County, Partick, Dunfermilne etc...). Therefore track record says they won't. The one difference this time is we do have cash in the bank and lots of it. Or lets say we bloody well should have if they are as financially prudent as you believe.

Edited by Back Post Misses

I don't really get this central belt rubbish. If they are good enough I could not care if all 11 come from Langlees

Don't disagree - my point was more that it's positive to see we're casting the net wider than a lot of folk would have you believe.

I just don't want to accept that Houstie is lazy etc. it's not a thought I like to associate with the guy we all wanted at the start due to his connection with us.

The guy we spoke to and shared a taxi to the game with indicates that i can take some comfort knowing that there's still activity and effort going into signing forwards - despite Houston saying a few times in interviews that he's happy with the squad currently.

Don't disagree - my point was more that it's positive to see we're casting the net wider than a lot of folk would have you believe.

I just don't want to accept that Houstie is lazy etc. it's not a thought I like to associate with the guy we all wanted at the start due to his connection with us.

The guy we spoke to and shared a taxi to the game with indicates that i can take some comfort knowing that there's still activity and effort going into signing forwards - despite Houston saying a few times in interviews that he's happy with the squad currently.

I dont think he has ever just stuck to the "easy" "lazy" signings he has been accused of.

Is it a secret or are you just a tease? ;)

Is it a secret or are you just a tease? ;)

Na can't really recall his name properly - it was foreign and we were rather drunk. He was with Arsenal Reserves and been on loan to Championship / Premiership teams getting 18 first team starts....no idea how long ago that was though...aged 23 I think....6ft striker.

With no idea how to spell his name found it difficult to find anything more concrete I'm afraid.

Back Post Missed seems to have some info but I don't know how much.

Na can't really recall his name properly - it was foreign and we were rather drunk. He was with Arsenal Reserves and been on loan to Championship / Premiership teams getting 18 first team starts....no idea how long ago that was though...aged 23 I think....6ft striker.

With no idea how to spell his name found it difficult to find anything more concrete I'm afraid.

Cheers. Still not got a clue who it is right enough.

The one I was told about has signed elsewhere

Yip it is. Anyone thinking different needs to change their tablets

Long term prescription it seems as I dont think it has got as bad as some of the Elvis seasons....yet.....

A manager who was happy to play for a point away from home, in the 2nd tier....

One win in his first 8 league games in his last season

I may have came off the prescription during the Holt season as his mantra was to attack and score one more than the opposition, which blew up in his face a few times, but Id rather attack than the previous defend policy

Houstie has stuttered, we were playing some fantastic stuff mid season and in spurts thereafter but its yer to reach the Elvis years of bore the hell out my mind yet, tho 3 league games in, I'm hardly making assumptions on where we are at the moment, having our best start so far to that of the Holt season in 7/9 pts, we wont match that as Houstie has slights of Levein and Elvis but not as negative,

I dont think he has ever just stuck to the "easy" "lazy" signings he has been accused of.

Ive tried to defend the lazy part.......but its hard to when you see the activity from Dundee Utd.

Two players signed who hadnt played in Scotland previously and one of them was Irish

Barry Douglas
Scott Severin
John Rankin
Willo Flood
Gary Mackay-Steven
Gavin Gunning
Richie Ryan
Mark Millar
Brian McLean
Robbie Neilson
Rudi Skacel
Radoslaw Cierzniak
Michael Gardyne
Rory Boulding
Loans
Lauri DALLA VALLE
Milos LACNY
David Goodwillie

Ahhh Stephen O'Donnell.

Our version of Ian Black

Id go for Irish Paul Smith....dont want to tarnish his name with that likes....

I thot we missed him following season and Paddy was never the same....

Long term prescription it seems as I dont think it has got as bad as some of the Elvis seasons....yet.....

A manager who was happy to play for a point away from home, in the 2nd tier....

One win in his first 8 league games in his last season

I may have came off the prescription during the Holt season as his mantra was to attack and score one more than the opposition, which blew up in his face a few times, but Id rather attack than the previous defend policy

Yes I tend to agree your take on Pressley, although remember he had a purple patch for around 6 months too.

I know there is much animosity towards Houston but if I am honest I think much of the dismay is down to disappointment more than wanting to see him sacked. I for one was delighted when Houston was appointed but things have not worked out as well as planned and it surprises me that he is not stronger at persuading the board to give him some extra funds to build a competitive side because at the end of the day it's his own reputation that's at stake.