The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Trump said:

Arbroath could do better, already have better in that area. He’s done.

We’ve only got Nicky Low. Thought and told the same about him before he joined. And now, after Tam O’Brien our best player 

18 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

He looked like someone who hadn’t played football in a year.

Not just saying this, and I know P&B is Exaggeration Central - but he was genuinely rank rotten. It takes some doing to reach jobber levels of Steven Hetherington and Gary Miller but he managed it effortlessly. Probably a good player in his prime but looked way, way past it with us.

Just now, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Not just saying this, and I know P&B is Exaggeration Central - but he was genuinely rank rotten. It takes some doing to reach jobber levels of Steven Hetherington and Gary Miller but he managed it effortlessly. Probably a good player in his prime but looked way, way past it with us.

Hetherington another good player. As was Dowds. There’s a theme here

6 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Exactly. Towards end of last season I said a lot of the squad we have will go on to a team higher in the pyramid than us if they leave this summer. I’m 1/1 so far. 

2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Agree, and I think Dick should put in a cheeky wee bid for him!

At Alloa he used to do my tits in. Couldn’t get ball off him. Popped it about and made it look so easy 

McGlynn should change the mentality that has haunted yous for however long 

11 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Doubt hetherington was ever a good player. Dowds yes there's a player there if used correctly but hetherington is just brutal.  Got away with it at alloa playing avoid relegation football  but in any team that wants to actually win something he's nae use. Never seen a player give the ball away so much . Struggles to pass it 5 yards and can't tackle. The times he got red cards they were for sheer stupidity and not actually just getting stuck in. I'd drive him anywhere that wants him.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Doubt hetherington was ever a good player. Dowds yes there's a player there if used correctly but hetherington is just brutal.  Got away with it at alloa playing avoid relegation football  but in any team that wants to actually win something he's nae use.

LOL

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Doubt hetherington was ever a good player. Dowds yes there's a player there if used correctly but hetherington is just brutal.  Got away with it at alloa playing avoid relegation football  but in any team that wants to actually win something he's nae use. Never seen a player give the ball away so much . Struggles to pass it 5 yards and can't tackle. The times he got red cards they were for sheer stupidity and not actually just getting stuck in. I'd drive him anywhere that wants him.

To be fair it looked like we were just trying to avoid relegation last season

Agree Shadwell, easy to see why he might be liked for the Alloa losers but not good enough for a team with any ambition.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

We’ve only got Nicky Low. Thought and told the same about him before he joined. And now, after Tam O’Brien our best player 

Nicky Low was a very good championship player for QoTS? Just perma injured. 

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Nicky Low was a very good championship player for QoTS? Just perma injured. 

Aye we got told he was done when he signed 

Did get bad injury for us but it was a freak accident with the guy falling on him at the Killie home game

Theres absolutely no doubt that watching what has happened to an outrageous number of players who left us and went on to be absolutely fine at a higher level, you have to at least consider the same might happen to someone with the pedigree of Jacobs, but he did look done.

The team he played in was absolute poison though, most of them had already gave up and it only got worse

The Jacobs we seen was undoubtedly shot to pieces, but theres an X factor there that basically means just wait and see what turns up at Arbroath.

I have serious doubts, but would not be the least bit surprised if he does ok.