The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83

Are folk really moaning that a staff member said on Twitter that season tickets will be out soon? New levels of moaning faced b*****d that 😂

12 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

... Social media is a platform for communicating and improving transparency.

I agree with the former but the latter is subjective. That depends many, many factors.

He was asked a question and he answered it 

So were the club and they didn't. 

If I bumped into him and Tesco and asked him would he have to say “I’m not telling you” or put a statement out so everyone could hear the answer?

Depending on your familiarity with him I'd hope he might say it'll be communicated in time via the club website/SM accounts so that, yes, as wide an audience can get access to that information. 

As someone who did have a problem with some of the strange political/covid stuff he tweeted, I cannot believe anyone has a problem with him providing appropriate football updates to fans who have asked him questions. Get a grip FFS - sometimes I think we are the only fanbase that comes up with these "issues" - no one ever accuses of Alan Burrows of being "leaky"!!

1 hour ago, Blame Me said:

Professionalism.

I don't have a problem with the tweet or info, it's most welcome but we employ staff to plan, co-ordinate and put that info out and no-doubt pay for services to enable them to do that. 

If you circumvent that and instead shoot off and do your own thing that lessens the effectiveness of having those roles and tools - I'd rather he comment on the announcement of the info he divulged.

Why have various club websites if I can contact Jamie or Lewis or someone else directly via Twitter or Facebook to ask questions or find out information.

For example, If I didn't know JS was CEO and was looking for ST info I would assume the club site is where I'd find it. 

I think that's the bugbear for some posters who have taken issue. Another area the club hasn't yet got to grips but I am glad to know I won't be waiting much longer to renew 🤑

This is the point - there isn't actually any actionable news - they are not on sale yet. When they are, and we as fans can actually do something about that (purchase one by spending money), I would bet my mortgage that it won't be announced on Swinney's twitter.

2 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Hearing you guys were lining up Brandon Flowers and Ronnie Vannucci soon ...

Would probably put in more effort than the shower of shite last season, at least Brandon could get the sing song in the dressing room going.

On 22/05/2022 at 07:50, Back Post Misses said:

Any signing leaks from anyone?

Hairdressers, Accountants, Agents, Ex-Board Cronies, Friends of Friends are all welcome to participate 

No names but I understand mcglynn has agreed to take 3 from Raith and is confident of signing a further 2 from England . 

Glad it’s not just me that doesn’t really see an issue 😂

As I said in a previous post, it was hardly groundbreaking seeing as STs go on sale about now every year. I think an open communication platform by him is just what’s needed, as we said, look at AB at Motherwell. 

With a good % of the contracted players that are still going to be in the squad next season. Together with the budget and squad size McGynn is going to have to get a tune out of them. Either with coaching, signings that compliment their talent and shortcomings with team set up and style of play.

Who do you think can make it ? Being realistic there are going to 4 - 6 minimum playing most weeks and to be fair they have had a torrid time last season with managers so like McGynn said its a fresh start for them so lets give them a chance. 

8 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

With a good % of the contracted players that are still going to be in the squad next season. Together with the budget and squad size McGynn is going to have to get a tune out of them. Either with coaching, signings that compliment their talent and shortcomings with team set up and style of play.

Who do you think can make it ? Being realistic there are going to 4 - 6 minimum playing most weeks and to be fair they have had a torrid time last season with managers so like McGynn said its a fresh start for them so lets give them a chance. 

4-6 of the current lot may be on the bench but doubt 4-6 will be starters. I think it’ll be closer to 2 or 3 from the current squad in a starting position. 

10 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

I'd have Mccann, Morrison & Watson as potential starters. I'd keep Martin & Mcguffie as squad players, the rest are free to leave.

Luke Holt
Ryan Williamson
Brad Mckay
Blair Sneddon
Aidan Nesbitt
Steven Hetherington
Seb Ross
Jaime Wilson
Finlay Malcolm*

*We never got a chance to see him play so incredibly harsh on him but I'm just going off the fact someone on here said he'd been released.

You’re probably looking at Leon McCann, Callumn Morrison and Craig McGuffie that could start and you could see playing a reasonable part next season. He might be able to get more of a tune out of Nesbitt but I’d be surprised. The rest though are absolutely garbage.

56 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

No names but I understand mcglynn has agreed to take 3 from Raith and is confident of signing a further 2 from England . 

I know you said no names but any positions on the 2 from England? The 3 from Raith have already been highly rumoured so 3 of the following likely.
Spencer/Musonda/Benedictus/Tumilty/Poplatnik/Mackie

3 minutes ago, Russ said:

Absolutely no danger that Reghan Tumilty is signing for us either btw.

Can see someone like Dundee taking a punt on him or perhaps low Premiership but I think his level is championship at best.