Jump to content

The Falkirk FC Thread


Recommended Posts

52 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Feel for the guy, can’t blame JM, just another horrendous decision to bring the lad in. 


signed for the last 5 games, 1 minute played. Madness 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

As McGlynn has already said recruitment is key, making any predictions before we’ve even had a 👀 emoji is a bit wild.

Could well be waiting for the release lists from the leagues above.

Considine from Aberdeen would have been a great signing and just the quality and experience needed for a 1 or 2 year deal but most likely will be at Cove next season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Could well be waiting for the release lists from the leagues above.

Considine from Aberdeen would have been a great signing and just the quality and experience needed for a 1 or 2 year deal but most likely will be at Cove next season.

Think someone posted that he’s already agreed a deal with CR, stays local but nevertheless would be a decent signing for us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Nearly 9million quid. 3 million of that was the council's that they put back in. ,The rest the club had but 2.2 million was owed to the stadium city group in loans to Eddie Healey and others  and legal fees. We therefor put in approx 3m and the council put in approx 3m.

Then got regally screwed in the process.

Take the playing surface FFS we own the pitch but not the land it sits on have you ever heard of such an inept arrangement what we own is worthless. Then to compound the stupidity owning seats but not the stand they sit on and saddled with a 125 year lease.

Council are making a fortune out us.

We don't have one physical asset we can borrow against if the going gets tough which it will over the next few years.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Could well be waiting for the release lists from the leagues above.

Considine from Aberdeen would have been a great signing and just the quality and experience needed for a 1 or 2 year deal but most likely will be at Cove next season.

He's absolutely done. No thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Then got regally screwed in the process.

Take the playing surface FFS we own the pitch but not the land it sits on have you ever heard of such an inept arrangement what we own is worthless. Then to compound the stupidity owning seats but not the stand they sit on and saddled with a 125 year lease.

Council are making a fortune out us.

We don't have one physical asset we can borrow against if the going gets tough which it will over the next few years.

 

 

It's actually a 175 year lease. The problem has been that the clubs deal in all this has progressively got worse as time goes on. At the start the stadium company that was created to build and run the stadium had Falkirk FC as it's majority owner.  It was supposed to fund expanding the stadium by developing the land around it. The council though having said verbally originally that the ground included in the deal was right up to the railway went back on their word and it only included land up to the grangemouth road junction. The council managed to prevent any development going through too as it wanted to develope the land over at the fire station first. This then meant  fcsl was no longer viable in its setup back then and the assets were to be split between the club and the council. However, due to the council having put up the 2 million quid for the north stand and loans to keep the fcsl going it meant they now had the upper hand and why we no longer own but lease the land the stadium is built on. Funnily enough accountancy advice at this time was through KPMG and Gary deans. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

He's absolutely done. No thank you.

If he's fit enough he'd be a decent shout. Played 46 times for Aberdeen and Scotland the season before last but obviously missed a lot of last season with an injury. Cove sounds a more realistic location for him though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It's actually a 175 year lease. The problem has been that the clubs deal in all this has progressively got worse as time goes on. At the start the stadium company that was created to build and run the stadium had Falkirk FC as it's majority owner.  It was supposed to fund expanding the stadium by developing the land around it. The council though having said verbally originally that the ground included in the deal was right up to the railway went back on their word and it only included land up to the grangemouth road junction. The council managed to prevent any development going through too as it wanted to develope the land over at the fire station first. This then meant  fcsl was no longer viable in its setup back then and the assets were to be split between the club and the council. However, due to the council having put up the 2 million quid for the north stand and loans to keep the fcsl going it meant they now had the upper hand and why we no longer own but lease the land the stadium is built on. Funnily enough accountancy advice at this time was through KPMG and Gary deans. 

 

175 years geez its even worse than was thought.

It should be the boards long term ambition and plan to buy out the council. Put some numbers together with an independent valuation. See what the cost would be over a 45 year loan and the difference between the repayments and what the council rip up the club every year.

Councils are strapped for cash so the club putting a casher on the table as a one off boost to their funds could well work.

The status quo in not acceptable and the longer it goes on then the more money bleeds out the club.

All that is needed is the ambition and the drive to do something about it.

Post was most informative - respect

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

175 years geez its even worse than was thought.

It should be the boards long term ambition and plan to buy out the council. Put some numbers together with an independent valuation. See what the cost would be over a 45 year loan and the difference between the repayments and what the council rip up the club every year.

Councils are strapped for cash so the club putting a casher on the table as a one off boost to their funds could well work.

The status quo in not acceptable and the longer it goes on then the more money bleeds out the club.

All that is needed is the ambition and the drive to do something about it.

Post was most informative - respect

I've no idea why when we had the majority shate of the original group that the council were allowed to design the bloody stadium unless it was to reduce costs or something. We could've had a full ground on a smaller scale for that sort of money instead of a grandiose main stand which is being well underused. The club at least had the idea of using it for hospitality events and parties when George Craig put the marquee up and money started to flow in for the fcsl. However, the council pressured the fcsl management into dismantling all that to allow a company called Oran to take over the area. They did this and then Oran pulled out leaving no event facilities and no new Tennant. It's been a complete shambles by the council from start to finish.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Zbairn said:

I’m pretty sure that the deal with Morrisons included land owned by the council. We only got a fraction of the total cash from the sale of Brockville and the surrounding land.

The council did stuff us though. If the Camelon mafia in the Labour group got their way, we would have got no council cash at all to build the Stadium. In hindsight, might actually have been a good thing in the long run.

They wanted it to house Celtic youth games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, BooBairn said:

Any chance of some news about season tickets … or even a wee “👀📝” 

Be interesting to see if they continue with the Early Bird deals. Might be three or four options. Early Bird (reduced price) Early Bird + Crunchie Stand Game, then full price + Crunchie game. It’s going to be difficult to come up with a balanced package that keeps everyone happy.

A couple of ins and a couple of outs could make a huge difference to how people view it all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Be interesting to see if they continue with the Early Bird deals. Might be three or four options. Early Bird (reduced price) Early Bird + Crunchie Stand Game, then full price + Crunchie game. It’s going to be difficult to come up with a balanced package that keeps everyone happy.

A couple of ins and a couple of outs could make a huge difference to how people view it all.

On the form, I think they should also have a section to allow fans to purchase shares at 40p plus an application to join FSS or BfL. In fact an all embracing form which covers all areas of fund raising.

We need every penny for this upcoming season both for new players and to dispense with contracted unwanted players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Be interesting to see if they continue with the Early Bird deals. Might be three or four options. Early Bird (reduced price) Early Bird + Crunchie Stand Game, then full price + Crunchie game. It’s going to be difficult to come up with a balanced package that keeps everyone happy.

A couple of ins and a couple of outs could make a huge difference to how people view it all.

Have you met Falkirk fans? 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...