The Falkirk FC Thread

14 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I think it’s time for Benedictus to move on if I’m being honest, and I think League 1 is now his level he was pretty poor for us last season. Would I be against him staying as a backup? (No) and Not really bothered if he left either 

Sure Benedictus is or will be our of contract so might have no option but to move on

4 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

We are now in a total signing vacuum. Getting a bit boring. Surely with a leaky board someone knows something

No news is generally good news. As said it’s critical that the players we bring in are a step up from yesteryear’s shite. I’ve no issue if if takes a bit of more time to get over the line.

13 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

We are now in a total signing vacuum. Getting a bit boring. Surely with a leaky board someone knows something

If the board was leaky we'd have known about mcglynn a good while before it happened. 

3 hours ago, Springfield said:

No news is generally good news. As said it’s critical that the players we bring in are a step up from yesteryear’s shite. I’ve no issue if if takes a bit of more time to get over the line.

I would happily accept a team of a similar footballing ability but with a bit of desire, pride and a strong sense of togetherness.

Maybe Brad McKay finding himself another club. That would be good too.

4 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I would happily accept a team of a similar footballing ability but with a bit of desire, pride and a strong sense of togetherness.

Maybe Brad McKay finding himself another club. That would be good too.

Would be a bloody miracle 

45 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Yep, heard he is being interviewed for one of the Commercial roles.

The same Connor Greene we had in our academy way back when.

Can anyone tell me how much the main stand at the stadium cost to build. 

Pretty sure I heard the number £6M but I think it was part funded by the council.
However there are others ITK who can confirm….

Is he going to QP ? Apparently their capacity next season is 1000. Imagine choosing to play in that environment for a few extra pounds .

Or maybe the chance to play in a higher league

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, kiddy said:

£9m? Considering the total debt that would have forced them straight into liquidation was about £1.5m, where did the rest go?

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12302040.taxman-puts-falkirk-fc-in-hands-of-liquidator/

Think the debt might have been closer to 2m we had to pay the guy Healy, also at a guess still we also then obviously had the north stand to built after the “first stage” was completed. The way we operated at the time with the club being proped with MSG soft loans any time there was a tight year may also have meant there was some additional debt to clear at that end. Not sure how accurate Wikipedia is either, I had it in my head the final cost of the stadium came to 11 million excluding the south stand. I’m sure that was quoted at the time. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Fuck me, £3million from the council.  We get it tight from County fans for getting 900 grand off the council for our ground 25 year ago.  Apparently that's not ok but getting £1.5 million of debt written off every year is fine.