Jump to content

The Falkirk FC Thread


Recommended Posts

What a refreshing change to actually have a manager that knows what he's talking about.  Let's hope he gets the players he wants and if he has already spoke to some under contract I hope he's told them in no uncertain terms this is what I demand, if your not capable then there's the door. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Three things that are going to define this summer:

1) Who he brings in

2) How many of the “currently contracted” players he can get a tune out of and wants to keep.

3) How many of the “currently contracted” players he can get permanently out the door, and how many he can get loaned out as a minimum.

Edited by Duncan Freemason
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The day that Brad McKay is finally launched out the club will be an absolutely glorious day. He’ll go down as a hall of farmer in the worst Falkirk XI of all time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Three things that are going to define this summer:

1) Who he brings in

2) How many of the “currently contracted” players he can get a tune out of and wants to keep.

3) How many of the “currently contracted” players he can get permanently out the door, and how many he can get loaned out as a minimum.

Pretty sure that’s 4 things!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Russ said:

The day that Brad McKay is finally launched out the club will be an absolutely glorious day. He’ll go down as a hall of farmer in the worst Falkirk XI of all time.

I know he looks like he’s pulling a tractor with a plough but that’s a bit much. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

What a refreshing change to actually have a manager that knows what he's talking about.  Let's hope he gets the players he wants and if he has already spoke to some under contract I hope he's told them in no uncertain terms this is what I demand, if your not capable then there's the door. 

Its in McGynn's interests to give the contracted players to prove themselves and be seen to be giving them a chance at redemption and so should the fans. It cant have been easy for any player to give their best last season.

He spoke well and deserves out patience and goodwill. If ever we needed to have a flying start to a season its this one.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Its in McGynn's interests to give the contracted players to prove themselves and be seen to be giving them a chance at redemption and so should the fans. It cant have been easy for any player to give their best last season.

He spoke well and deserves out patience and goodwill. If ever we needed to have a flying start to a season its this one.

 

The current squad drops IMO into three sections:

1. Not good enough

2. Want out

3. Maybe good enough.

The last one is by far the smallest group. McGlynn I am sure will know that 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Its in McGynn's interests to give the contracted players to prove themselves and be seen to be giving them a chance at redemption and so should the fans. It cant have been easy for any player to give their best last season.

He spoke well and deserves out patience and goodwill. If ever we needed to have a flying start to a season its this one.

 

Erm, no. It's in McGlynn's interests to assemble a squad of players that he is comfortable working with and who he believes can contribute something next season. If that results in the vast majority of these players being told that they are not part of his plans going forward and advised to spend the summer seeking an alternative employer, so be it. He's paid to make such decisions.

Your "give their best" line is beyond laughable. Did you watch any games at all last season? You're talking about a squad who, by and large, did not give a single toss, who displayed zero professional pride, integrity, fight, spirit, who were already beaten before they even took to the pitch against such illustrious names as Airdrieonians, Cover Rangers, Montrose. You go back a lot further than me it seems, can you come up with a squad who put in less effort than last seasons mob?

McGlynn owes these players the square root of f**k all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Its in McGynn's interests to give the contracted players to prove themselves and be seen to be giving them a chance at redemption and so should the fans. It cant have been easy for any player to give their best last season.

He spoke well and deserves out patience and goodwill. If ever we needed to have a flying start to a season its this one.

 

You’re just not paying attention. It’s McGlynn!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not taken by that interview at all but give me a manager like that over a buffoon full of bravado any day. I'm not half jealous like.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Won't get optimistic until I find out whether or not  these new players are any good in training .

They're always excellent in training! 😆

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't suppose there's any way we can replace the pitch this summer? I know moving to a hybrid surface is favoured, but I'm sure when we put down the current pitch we were told replacing it with a new plastic one would be an easy process due to the various substrate layers already being in place.

If that could be carried out this summer I would do it. Our injury record over the last 18 months has been shocking. 

Especially important when some of the better players we may be able to attract is exactly because they are already 'injury prone'. It's going to be a much tougher league this season so we should be trying to give ourselves every advantage we can

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I think the club may have just briefed him about that. No? 

I presumed he noticed for himself with being here for a week or so and from playing us in the cup. Seems like he’s been told it’s getting replaced next year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...