Jump to content

The Falkirk FC Thread


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Believe The Hype said:

How much does it even accommodate for at full capacity? I mean even the hydro is 14300

There is the rub regarding concerts. Falkirk Council take a large cut as and employees or services provided will be charged with a massive mark up Falkirk Football Club are tenants of TFS do the groundwork and the council sit back and wait for the payday.

The mugs that signed up to this one sided deal regarding our home ground should be hunted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

There is the rub regarding concerts. Falkirk Council take a large cut as and employees or services provided will be charged with a massive mark up Falkirk Football Club are tenants of TFS do the groundwork and the council sit back and wait for the payday.

The mugs that signed up to this one sided deal regarding our home ground should be hunted.

Falkirk own the pitch and all pitch facing areas (ie the seats). I’d wager the council will get a cut for use of car parks and the rental of hospitality suites but otherwise it’s our cash. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

There were 21,000 at the Little Mix concert in 2018. I'm assuming that was a sell out?

 

IMG_0444.jpg

EKOmXwNXYAEtfPv.jpg

 

I don't know how much money the club made from that but with the Killers playing two dates we'll hopefully double that. A quick look on Ticketmaster and the first gig is virtually sold out including hospitality and the end blocks of the north and south stands. The second gig still has a bit of a way to go but I still reckon around 15,000+, or similar to the Elton John crowd in 2012

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The board statement just released paints an optimistic picture. Pretty much a back to basics plan but at least appears to be thought out and justified.  It looks like we will also be back to grass after next season if they are looking for a training ground way from the stadium.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The board statement just released paints an optimistic picture. Pretty much a back to basics plan but at least appears to be thought out and justified.  It looks like we will also be back to grass after next season if they are looking for a training ground way from the stadium.

Think it’s also on the optimistic basis of us getting promoted too.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

An honest appraisal of where we are as a club. Hope the “lost” supporters can see past the embarrassing conveyor of BODS/people/players that have shamed us, and get back to purchasing STs and PATG. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A lot of words to say we're skint and our commercial operation is a disaster!

It would seem in order to "control non-football costs" we seem to have reverted - if we ever deviated from - relying on volunteers with professional skills to work pro-bono which, in my view, is a nonsense considering the amount of work realistically required in the areas mentioned.

I can't say I'm as enthused as others about the statement.

Yet to see tangible change happening which aligns with the pillars the board describe their instigating.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

There are huge numbers of volunteers at all football clubs and the volunteer and the club clearly benefit from that. No issue with the guy who runs the social media etc doing so on a voluntary basis. 

I don't have issues with volunteers per se but I think your underestimating that role and what it potentially entails nowadays. 

You also overlook the actual plea which was included sales experience. This isn't the club inviting folk to help smarten up the stadium or clear snow - these are specialist roles which are time consuming and skilled.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

A lot of words to say we're skint and our commercial operation is a disaster!

It would seem in order to "control non-football costs" we seem to have reverted - if we ever deviated from - relying on volunteers with professional skills to work pro-bono which, in my view, is a nonsense considering the amount of work realistically required in the areas mentioned.

I can't say I'm as enthused as others about the statement.

Yet to see tangible change happening which aligns with the pillars the board describe their instigating.

Yes we're skint because the old board has pished our reserves down the drain on shit footballers crap managers and directors of football and concert tickets for their friends and bloody families.

Edited by Shadwell Dog
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

I don't have issues with volunteers per se but I think your underestimating that role and what it potentially entails nowadays. 

You also overlook the actual plea which was included sales experience. This isn't the club inviting folk to help smarten up the stadium or clear snow - these are specialist roles which are time consuming and skilled.

I used to be very critical of the club’s reliance on volunteers, given how many of these volunteers were treated. I have a couple of people in mind when I say that, especially on the media side. 

What's clear is that the club has degenerated for a decade or more, since we left the SPL. Bad decision after bad decision, taking people for granted, terrible management and processes, and some seriously dodgy behaviour from individuals who are, largely, gone. 

We don't have a choice now. Fans have to step up. Actually, that's not true. They don't need to, but our club will just suffer further if we don't. Hopefully we can get back to a point where we can pay for all the expertise and skills we need but we aren't there now, because of many years of strategic and financial mismanagement. Whatever folk want to say about the last board, they diagnosed many of the problems but didn't get round to fixing them.  Time for all of us to get in the tent. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A lot of words to say we're skint and our commercial operation is a disaster!
It would seem in order to "control non-football costs" we seem to have reverted - if we ever deviated from - relying on volunteers with professional skills to work pro-bono which, in my view, is a nonsense considering the amount of work realistically required in the areas mentioned.
I can't say I'm as enthused as others about the statement.
Yet to see tangible change happening which aligns with the pillars the board describe their instigating.
Whilst working in the voluntary sector I worked with a group called SCORE which I think was the Scottish Confederation of Retired Executives. Those guys loved their voluntary work and because it was not about making money they put a lot of effort in. Bet there are lots of retired professionals who love the club and would enjoy putting their skills to work to get us back to where we aspire to be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...