Jump to content

The Falkirk FC Thread


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I couldn't see the pars losing to Queens park but it happened.

It wouldn't be a similar shock if Queens won but if I was a betting man my cash would be on Airdrie.

I agree Airdrie are the better side but qp seem to be hitting a bit of form at the right time. Airdrie can leak goals too. Difficult one to call.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I can't see Airdrie not going up. Queens Park aren't very prolific, Montrose had goals of a start and Airdrie still beat them, they are also a better side than Queens. Stranger things have happened but Queens Park to better Airdrie over two games can't see it. 

Airdrie went 2 at the back in the 2nd half and went for it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I agree Airdrie are the better side but qp seem to be hitting a bit of form at the right time. Airdrie can leak goals too. Difficult one to call.

Queens were decent against us in every game bar the last one, passed and moved the ball well but seemed to switch off. 

I'm guessing Coyle has brought in more shit the bed tactics which may work for them 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watching ICT v Arbroath. If Arbroath did somehow get promoted where would they play games? Dundee? They only have 800 seats at gayfield and whilst the 6k rule no longer applies to compete financially they need crowds bigger than 800 surely.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Watching ICT v Arbroath. If Arbroath did somehow get promoted where would they play games? Dundee? They only have 800 seats at gayfield and whilst the 6k rule no longer applies to compete financially they need crowds bigger than 800 surely.

They'd play at Gayfield exactly as they do now. The ground requirements for Premiership and Championship are the same.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watching ICT v Arbroath. If Arbroath did somehow get promoted where would they play games? Dundee? They only have 800 seats at gayfield and whilst the 6k rule no longer applies to compete financially they need crowds bigger than 800 surely.

They’ve over 1000 season ticket holders. I’d imagine they’ve got a bigger home crowd than the likes of Livingston and Hamilton so I’m sure they would be fine.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Watching ICT v Arbroath. If Arbroath did somehow get promoted where would they play games? Dundee? They only have 800 seats at gayfield and whilst the 6k rule no longer applies to compete financially they need crowds bigger than 800 surely.

I don't think the all seater rule exists anymore. If the the ground has a safety certificate, and is accepted into the league structure, there is no problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, badgerthewitness said:

I don't think the all seater rule exists anymore. If the the ground has a safety certificate, and is accepted into the league structure, there is no problem.

Appalling crowd and what a shite game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Who’d people prefer out of Annan or Edinburgh City? Both a massive upgrade (away day wise) on East Fife. 
 

I initially thought Edinburgh City but I’ve just seen the wee shitey stand they’ve built at Meadowbank and thought, maybe not 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

I don't think the all seater rule exists anymore. If the the ground has a safety certificate, and is accepted into the league structure, there is no problem.

So why are top flight clubs trialling safe standing and why do they need to ask for permission to install safe standing? Surely if there isn't a rule against standing in the top flight  you can just put in  what you want?   🤷

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Who’d people prefer out of Annan or Edinburgh City? Both a massive upgrade (away day wise) on East Fife. 
 

I initially thought Edinburgh City but I’ve just seen the wee shitey stand they’ve built at Meadowbank and thought, maybe not 

Annan for me missed the challenge cup game back in 11/12.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

So why are top flight clubs trialling safe standing and why do they need to ask for permission to install safe standing? Surely if there isn't a rule against standing in the top flight  you can just put in  what you want?   🤷

because Scottish football...

Seriously though, probably due to safety certificates being for current ground layouts & any modifications would need to be approved plus the cops might want a say in any changes involving certain 'bigger' clubs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Crowds go up when the team's flying and down when they're rotten, these Airdrie fans need to get this info out into the world it's ground breaking stuff 😂. I think it's going to be a long close season on here...

Falkirk should handle this no problem.

They've just endured their third long season 🤭

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Who’d people prefer out of Annan or Edinburgh City? Both a massive upgrade (away day wise) on East Fife. 
 

I initially thought Edinburgh City but I’ve just seen the wee shitey stand they’ve built at Meadowbank and thought, maybe not 

Edinburgh for me, we've already got ample enough away trips in Peterhead, Montrose and Queen of the south.

Edited by FFC 1876
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Russ said:

Jason Naismith and Stephen McGinn released from Killie we should be all over that.

Be a fair few teams all over Mcginn but I'd love him. Dominates the middle of the park.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...