The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

We have just finished our worst season in nearly half a century and we have people on here saying that Craig Sibbald is not good enough for us.

Delusional nonsense.

It's not that he's not good enough, he's a brilliant technician. How many years have we needed a bit of legs in the middle of the park? Every year teams run over the top of us in there. I like everyone else was rock hard when Alston resigned and having watched how that played out now have a bit more perspective.

It's not that he's not good enough, he's a brilliant technician. How many years have we needed a bit of legs in the middle of the park? Every year teams run over the top of us in there. I like everyone else was rock hard when Alston resigned and having watched how that played out now have a bit more perspective.
Sibbald never shat out of a tackle.

14 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Sibbald has just essentially had a full season of injuries and played very few games, remind you of anyone?

He's also too slow to play out wide and not mobile or physical enough to play in the middle of the park, remind you of anyone?

He was outstanding for us as a youngster but never pushed on and developed as well as the rest hence why he's just been released from Livingston. 

So, you've said he's a terrific player. Then say he's immobile, physically weak, injury prone, lacks pace and then try and back up your confused mindset with a couple of stats. Clearly not good enough for us high-flying Bairns. 

6 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

We have just finished our worst season in nearly half a century and we have people on here saying that Craig Sibbald is not good enough for us.

Delusional nonsense.

Stephen Kingsley was training with us in 2020 after his release by Hull and we had people on here at the time saying he wasn’t what we needed and we shouldn’t sign him.

Never be surprised by any of the pure pish you read on here.

35 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Not a chance, Alston was clearly a good player in a bad team, and decided to chuck it like the rest of the team that year. And for that he is a fud.

Sibbs would be better than any midfielder we've had since he left and if there's a small chance we could entice him to the 3rd tier we should try take it. 

Exactly this, Alston was in a team of absolute shite. Left to be a regular at a team a league above scoring the winning goal that took that team into the Premier. 

If Sibbs is available then we should be 100% be doing what we can to get him. 

4 minutes ago, The Laddie Gastineau said:

So, you've said he's a terrific player. Then say he's immobile, physically weak, injury prone, lacks pace and then try and back up your confused mindset with a couple of stats. Clearly not good enough for us high-flying Bairns. 

I said he was a terrific player for us.

10 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Just because one ex player returned and was pish doesn't mean the same for sibbs. Don't get me wrong, he could turn up and be mince but you can't say you'd turn him down. The guy oozed class for us, he wasn't a prolific goal scorer however in a deep lying role he was fantastic on the ball. 

I get what your saying and you're right regarding Alston he was a huge disappointment. Think that says a lot about his character, I know for a fact Sibbald wouldn't chuck it like that. 

I don't think we're in a position to be turning down players who've got 100 apps in the top flight over the past few seasons. 

Heard a story, not sure if it’s true that Hughes contacted him in January about going to them on loan to get much needed game time, Sibbs agreed that he needed game time but advised Yogi on no account would he be achieving it with them……..legend.

47 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Sibbald has just essentially had a full season of injuries and played very few games, remind you of anyone?

He's also too slow to play out wide and not mobile or physical enough to play in the middle of the park, remind you of anyone?

He was outstanding for us as a youngster but never pushed on and developed as well as the rest hence why he's just been released from Livingston. 

Not mobile enough? We haven't had anybody who can turn on the ball like him since he left.

8 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Heard a story, not sure if it’s true that Hughes contacted him in January about going to them on loan to get much needed game time, Sibbs agreed that he needed game time but advised Yogi on no account would he be achieving it with them……..legend.

Also heard he turned us down in January as well.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Blair Alston 2.0, not for me. Terrific player for us but lets leave it at that.

Jeeso, here we go again. is this the same Alston who has now been promoted 2 leagues above us, and sibbald regularly playing 2 leagues above us? 

the issue is clearly with us that these players can ply their trade better elsewhere than with us, not that the player isn't good enough. it happens consistently 

we are struggling in the middle to lower 3rd tier of scottish football watching mainly a squad of utterly useless players. to say someone like sibbald isn't an upgrade is madness.

AFAIK it was few months ago and he was trying to get him to sign a pre-contract. Yogi giving it the ‘no loyalty in football’ patter before Sibbs told him there’s no chance he would play for Dunfermline and ending the conversation stone dead there.

He will absolutely get better offers than us however we really need to be offering him the best possible deal to bring him home. If we can afford to chuck money at Griffiths and his fat arse then we absolutely can be offering Sibbs a competitive deal.

Guest Ecosse83

My goodness please say I didn’t just read Sibbald isn’t what we need 😂😂😂

I remember the same was said about Liam Craig a few years ago, some folk are truly clueless 😂

33 minutes ago, Russ said:

Btw if there’s anyone that would be against the signing or wouldn’t want to bring the sweet prince back home then you can get yourself squarely to f**k. Thanks emoji4.png.

I would love Sibbs back however, like most things, it'll come down to money. We need to be strengthening all over the park so that will determine how much we could offer him. (Once we know how much we'll get from ST sales, which will decide the budget.)

15 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

My goodness please say I didn’t just read Sibbald isn’t what we need 😂😂😂

I remember the same was said about Liam Craig a few years ago, some folk are truly clueless 😂

Clueless would be not expecting someone to possibly have a different opinion from you on a football forum.

Guest Ecosse83
43 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Clueless would be not expecting someone to possibly have a different opinion from you on a football forum.

Oh I’m well aware football is all about opinions, it’s just a shame that some opinions are so wild 😂

Edited by Ecosse83