The Falkirk FC Thread

I reckon some of you guys are getting your online experience confused with what goes on at the games. I didn't hear any dissenting voices on Saturday. Was the 18 game run last season when we lost only 1 game the final straw? The cup final?

If the boo boys couldn't muster a protest against Pressley they'll do nothing now either.

Absolute bollocks. Take it you weren't at the RR game last Saturday... We were utter gash, we scraped through only when we got the man advantage. On another day we could have been well beat

You may be in the Houston fan club??? I think you will be in a minority soon as our play off place does not materialise.

Dissenting voices, better prepare yourself, your ears will be getting it soon as well your eyes on this forum.

I don't know if I've communicated my message clear enough... THE SOONER HOUSTON IS OUT THE DOOR THE BETTER, IT CAN'T COME QUICK ENOUGH!

Are we only talking about smaller teams? I recall being horsed 8-1 by Celtic reserves a few years back...that wasn't pleasant at all.

Don't think they had a single first team player in the squad, a league cup game IIRC.

Celtic team had 10 internationalist, a world cup winner, a European cup winner....

We had Russell Latapy, a band of freebies and Darren hill in goals....

It wasn't great, but we were coasting the league and although Hughes bravado before the game, he learnt a lot that night about the huge gap

Absolute bollocks. Take it you weren't at the RR game last Saturday... We were utter gash, we scraped through only when we got the man advantage. On another day we could have been well beat

You may be in the Houston fan club??? I think you will be in a minority soon as our play off place does not materialise.

Dissenting voices, better prepare yourself, your ears will be getting it soon as well your eyes on this forum.

I don't know if I've communicated my message clear enough... THE SOONER HOUSTON IS OUT THE DOOR THE BETTER, IT CAN'T COME QUICK ENOUGH!

Nobody is forcing you watch Falkirk. If it's utter gash and it winds you up so much, why don't you get a new hobby? Maybe watching the traffic go by or paint drying.

Times up for the 'Cup Final' page on Facebook - it's a frustrasting mess of half-heids and the bewildered - saved only by yon pretty lass that keeps posting (and the occasional post by Keith - hello Keith)

And this site is going the same way. For 12 years it's been reasonably moron free (which is no mean feat when you consider the mouth-breathers that inhabit Falkirk's dedicated forum) but they're creeping in, demanding better, accusing the rest of us of accepting mediocrity - and it's all getting a bit pish.

I have absolutely no issue with how we are this season, I expect we'll make the play-offs ... and get beat in them, there's not much that will change that, no point in chucking money at it, absolutely no point in punting Houston and absolutely no point in pishing your knickers about it.

There is absolutely nothing to suggest a new manager would change our fortunes.

Disagree with this, at our level, player recruitment trumps, tactical nous and organisation .

Therefore if you can get one or even better a few classy players it will hide a lot of tactical mistakes. This is known as the Latapy Yogi effect.

No matter how good a manager if the players aren't good enough he can only do so much - Therefore if a new manager came in who had excellent knowledge of players and good contacts - we'd instantly improve by miles, because the players Houston has bought are ALL below the standard we require

Nobody is forcing you watch Falkirk. If it's utter gash and it winds you up so much, why don't you get a new hobby? Maybe watching the traffic go by or paint drying.

I am well aware no-one is forcing me to watch Falkirk, however as a long time supporter, I expect much better. I could watch paint dry, in fact I think I did at Morton and against Raith but listen, you seem to have an issue with people who have an opposing view to that of yourself. I thought this was an open fans forum where fans could come on and give praise if deserved or not as the case may be.

You seem to think you are some sort of authority on here trying to start campaigns to get others banned from p&b

I have my views the same as you have yours, let's get on with it and we'll see whose got it right or wrong

this season. The difference with me is I'll be the first to admit if I'm wrong. It is all about opinions.

Edited by bejazz1

Disagree with this, at our level, player recruitment trumps, tactical nous and organisation .

Therefore if you can get one or even better a few classy players it will hide a lot of tactical mistakes. This is known as the Latapy Yogi effect.

No matter how good a manager if the players aren't good enough he can only do so much - Therefore if a new manager came in who had excellent knowledge of players and good contacts - we'd instantly improve by miles, because the players Houston has bought are ALL below the standard we require

I'm the half glass/bottle full type of guy...

Please tell me in modern football in Scotland post latapy where a maverick as such has helped a manager to the effect of a latapty or even close...

I can't even think of a maverick in Scottish football post latapy

I've actually had a look at Housties signing record at dufc today and I've got to say it mirrors how it is here... Journeymen and Scottish players coming back from England...

The thing is, the one manager at clubs our level and a wee bit above in Jefferies has failed in recent times coz he hasn't had budget to entice players from England like he used to an latterly foreign paths.

There really is a much of a muchness bar rangers and hibs, tho hibs will hibs it

Finding a hidden gem could make 5 or 6 of the clubs in our league do better than they should... It's similar in the top league..... Look for Inverness being bottom 6 this season

Wanting another poster banned for having a different opinion from you is one of the worst things I've read on P&B.

Correctumondo...

Tho as I sit on the balcony in portugal thinking where did it all go wrong,I'm questioning why am I agreeing with a Hibee

A valid point is a valid point...

I actually thot bejazz post after the peterhead defeat was positive, slight tinge negative on the main positive.... Unless i misread it and it was sarcasm...don't think he knows sarcasm tho

I think what's frustrating is that he contradicts himself, I don't mind a good ole constructive critiscm... But be consistent and hold ur hand up when wrong...two league games in, no one is right...serious kuntagrams going on, knocked out a cup we have been knocked out I guess 4 or 5 times before by lower league, all of sudden we are retracing worst results ever after a diddy cup defeat....

I am not sure it does anymore. You just need to look at the success of a team like Dumbarton where looking at their team would you take many players? However they are set up well, tactically astute and have players who get the most from their ability.

To get the players to make a real difference you have to pay that bit more.

We have invested heavily in quantity 33 FT players so we can play in the U-20 league and keep developing our players. I would gladly see the back of that for a short period. Spend the cash we have on quality to get up then re-invest in U-20's.

I used to enjoy this division but over the years it has become much more tactical IMO.

Times up for the 'Cup Final' page on Facebook - it's a frustrasting mess of half-heids and the bewildered - saved only by yon pretty lass that keeps posting (and the occasional post by Keith - hello Keith)

And this site is going the same way. For 12 years it's been reasonably moron free (which is no mean feat when you consider the mouth-breathers that inhabit Falkirk's dedicated forum) but they're creeping in, demanding better, accusing the rest of us of accepting mediocrity - and it's all getting a bit pish.

I have absolutely no issue with how we are this season, I expect we'll make the play-offs ... and get beat in them, there's not much that will change that, no point in chucking money at it, absolutely no point in punting Houston and absolutely no point in pishing your knickers about it.

But you have accepted it. Your last paragraph has it pouring out of you. Hearts won the league last season with a first team budget 6th the size of Sevco (Ann Budges words not mine) yet we just accept because Hibs have a budget maybe three times ours we just don't bother? What happened when we were finishing 5th in the Premier League under Jefferies? Only just behind Celtic. Was our budget on a par with them?

It can be done with less resource. Every season teams with smaller budgets finish above those who have spent more heavily.

What you need to have is drive, ambition, leadership and a club that gets everyone to pull together.

What happens if Hibs don't go up again? Dunfermilne won't sit about. What if Kilmarnock come down? Do we just roll out your last paragraph again? Surely football has to be about trying to be the best you can be? What is the point otherwise?

Are we going to get that with Houston? Doubtful. Are we going to get that with our current Board of Directors? Recent history says absolutely not. Our drive and pragmatism about what Falkirk FC is all about died sadly when Campbell Christie passed. The rest of them (I will absolve the recent addition, Margaret Laing and Wee Ronnie) don't give two hoots if we stagnate in this league for ever and will enjoy patting themselves on the back with the odd good cup run.

The fans of the club created such a great feeling in May. If we had ambition to really harness that goodwill and opportunity we would have been all over it from the final whistle.

Edited by Back Post Misses

Give it a rest. I said a few days ago that something would crop up that gives his relentless bullshit some credibility. He's not suddenly correct. A bit harsh on McHugh too?

I meant that Bejizz having a meltdown about Houston is mildly acceptable after getting beat 5:3 at home. Doing it after any other game this year is nonsensical and whoever said it's Dryhorce esq is correct.

I was only joking about McHugh, he can be my avatar for a good while longer.