The Falkirk FC Thread

55 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Also need to consider 2 teams will be using it. If we went back grass then it will be very difficult to maintain. Just see Firhill this year.

This is a very good point, grass would be destroyed quickly with Shire playing on it too.  A winter mudbath would be worse than the astro.  Wouldn't have Jim Dawson to look after it either.  

If there are grants to be had for making it available to the community (even if bookings are low) then probably makes sense to replace with a newer version of astro.  

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

There we go again a Rumour.

If the board are leaking this then they are incredibly thick. 3rd parties dealing with them rightly will conclude they are dealing with a bunch of inept chancers and treat them accordingly.

Rumours don’t originate from an authentic source…..that is why they are “rumours”. Often, whoever spins them tends to get it right not because of having gotten the inside track from an authentic source, but because there are a limited number of potential outcomes, and they just happened to guess right on one occasion.

How many “rumours” were there for MR? I would guess “none”…….and that is the measure of a leaky Board….…not “it’s John McGlynn” which quite frankly, a huge number of people could have picked as their best guess.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

If the board are leaking this then they are incredibly thick. 3rd parties dealing with them rightly will conclude they are dealing with a bunch of inept chancers and treat them accordingly.

You think third parties dealing with people at our club ignore their own instincts and experiences of working with them, and instead judge them by checking what someone has posted on Pie and Bovrils Falkirk thread?

40 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

This is a very good point, grass would be destroyed quickly with Shire playing on it too.  A winter mudbath would be worse than the astro.  Wouldn't have Jim Dawson to look after it either.  

If there are grants to be had for making it available to the community (even if bookings are low) then probably makes sense to replace with a newer version of astro.  

Heard from someone (cant remember who) that the pitch was pretty much on a downer as it was neglected. Some tlc from the Groundsman has actually helped to preserve it's lifetime. Still needs to be replaced in a year or so though.

I've actually played  on the new generation pitches and they are incredibly good.

Jim Dawson at Murrayfield has a grass / plastic hybrid. Costs a fortune though.

Edited by Zbairn

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Tedious Cnut.

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Rumours don’t originate from an authentic source…..that is why they are “rumours”. Often, whoever spins them tends to get it right not because of having gotten the inside track from an authentic source, but because there are a limited number of potential outcomes, and they just happened to guess right on one occasion.

How many “rumours” were there for MR? I would guess “none”…….and that is the measure of a leaky Board….…not “it’s John McGlynn” which quite frankly, a huge number of people could have picked as their best guess.

Now we are having to explain the concept/meaning of a rumour to this guy! 🤦‍♂️ 

11 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Now we are having to explain the concept/meaning of a rumour to this guy! 🤦‍♂️ 

I know, but at my age stuff needs to be explained to me like “what is money, and how come there is more and more of it” and “if you remove a light bulb, why doesn’t the electricity fall out”.

The difficulty bit is getting the chap to accept that if we are indeed employing McGlynn, then Kenny, Keith, Douglas, Nigel and Gordon (using their Christian names kind of makes it look like I am ITK) aren’t the only people on the planet who know about it…….I bet you anything John McGlynn knows about it, and his missus knows too…….and our CEO, and probably some at that bastion of integrity, the RR BoD will be in on it too.

That’s the hard bit to get over.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

53 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Jim Dawson at Murrayfield has a grass / plastic hybrid. Costs a fortune though.

In the dead of night, how long would it take to roll it up, and fit it into several Transit rental vans?
Ours is gubbed. Get the concerts done, get some top soil on it, and a few bags of Trill. Job’s a good ‘un. Grass is the way forward.

59 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

You think third parties dealing with people at our club ignore their own instincts and experiences of working with them, and instead judge them by checking what someone has posted on Pie and Bovrils Falkirk thread?

It’s talk like this that drives the share price down, and will inevitably impact on this year’s dividend pay outs.

2 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

If that is the case then Little Kerse or the Uni are the only viable options. Unless the club take control of council pitches and relay them. Plenty about that could be utilised.

I walk my dogs over at Carmuirs pitches (now down to two as the top pitch has been scrapped). Council maintenance can be hilarious, like last Friday, the guys turned up and lined the pitches……and a decent job they made of it too. A couple of days later, the tractor and mower arrived, did their job, and all of the line work is gone.

2 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I walk my dogs over at Carmuirs pitches (now down to two as the top pitch has been scrapped). Council maintenance can be hilarious, like last Friday, the guys turned up and lined the pitches……and a decent job they made of it too. A couple of days later, the tractor and mower arrived, did their job, and all of the line work is gone.

Not the brightest bunch tbh.

I know the foundation have control of the parks at Sunnyside. The goals are falling apart and are a bit of a hazard.

28 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

So says the great font of so called inside information.

Bit to close for comfort for you ?

You carry on and I will comment on announcements by the club

f**k off. I haven’t commented once on the prospect of the new manager other than to say I would take McGlynn if he was available. 
You just continue to make a c**t of yourself.