The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Russ said:

He’s absolutely fucking ganting. It takes a very special kind of defender to be worse than both Ben Hall and Gregor Buchanan yet he manages it quite comfortably. Think of Fernandy Mendy but left footed and slower.

Still better than Brad McKay of course.

Liam Dick isn't great, but sounds like a bullet dodged. 

McGlynn is good, but does enjoy a Mendy or equivalent on occassion, usually on a two year deal. 

Edited by Michael W

Taylor-SInclair is one of those whose career just seemed to fall off a cliff. I remember watching him for Partick a decade ago and he absolutely strolled the Championship. Fast forward to playing for us, looked like he was playing with cement in his boots.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

27 minutes ago, Michael W said:

I'm sure we tried to sign Taylor-Sinclair last season but were priced out, so a little surprised he's gone given McGlynn's been appointed. 

I never saw him, right enough, so maybe he was garbage. 

2 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

That's a decent enough clear out to start with

That’s the “easy to do” list. The next lot will be a bit more difficult.

2 hours ago, SLClyde said:

Is that Jamie Wilson that was at Dumbarton? If so a 2 year deal for him is possibly one of the worst deals ever done. 

Yep. Thank you Gary Holt. At the amazing Q&A, Holt justified Wilson’s lack of ability by asking the question of the person questioning his signing with “Were you good at you first job”?

2 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

I wonder if Mcglynn will get more from Brad McKay, clutching at straws but you can’t play that many games at a higher level and be a poor as he has been so far….surely??? 😂

He is the exception that proves the rule.

35 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Liam Dick isn't great, but sounds like a bullet dodged. 

McGlynn is good, but does enjoy a Mendy or equivalent on occassion, usually on a two year deal. 

A two year deal would be fucking delightful compared two a three year one for Brad the fucking Wolf Mackay. 

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

I'm sure we tried to sign Taylor-Sinclair last season but were priced out, so a little surprised he's gone given McGlynn's been appointed. 

I never saw him, right enough, so maybe he was garbage. 

I would consider him one of the worst defenders I have seen in my 25 years watching games.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'm sure mcglynn would've been asked if he wanted any offered new deals.  Probably why this was released shortly after raiths statement. The fact he doesn't want to keep any of those shitebags is a promising start.

Clears the decks there might have been a case for Mutch who showed promise but the guy lost his way with the managers he had so maybe a change of club is best for both parties. As for Telfer there is a player there but needs a couple of enforcers beside him to be effective and a luxury player in the league were in we can't afford. Suspect we cant afford to dump all the contracted players so the best that can be hoped for is a few put on loan with some more reaching mutual agreement to cancel contract if they can get a club. If we end up left with 7 will have done well. Hopefully McGynn ( if its him) can get a tune out them you never know maybe a position change with one or two could work. Seen it before over the decades with a hopeless case moved to a new position and becomes a star player Yogi Hughes being a good example.

Interesting few weeks ahead. 

46 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Glad to see the release list out quickly. Good riddance to those imposters.

Telfer is the only one I’d have kept- j inconsistent yes but I think we’ll struggle to replace him with the same quality.

He’ll do well in the championship next season Imo.

Telfer would have been absolutely fine if he'd had a couple of decent players around him. Laddie did more running than Hetherington, Miller & Jacobs put together. You could see his head drop some times though because he must have been thinking - 'what's the fuckin point?'

6 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Telfer would have been absolutely fine if he'd had a couple of decent players around him. Laddie did more running than Hetherington, Miller & Jacobs put together. You could see his head drop some times though because he must have been thinking - 'what's the fuckin point?'

Baptie and Shirra either side of him would have made all the difference

Edited by HopeStreetWalker