The Falkirk FC Thread

Aye, regardless of your viewpoint on whether or not it should be McGlynn (and I can understand both viewpoints) fair play if this is a done deal less than a week after the end of the season. I had a horrible feeling we'd be scrambling around for another youth coach in July.

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Three year deal apparently. Big call for someone who has just won 3 in 21 or something. 

It may well be a three year deal but the notice period is the key bit for me after the previous notice periods we gave previous managers prior to Rennie 

I’d be mightily surprised if Spencer goes with him. Clubs in our league are also sniffing round him. Genuinely gutted to lost McGlynn, but I can understand why he’d want a move away. Better money, more security, I get it. My favourite ever Rovers manager. Look after him. 

5 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

If we get McGlyn I'll be happy but I'd be delighted if he can bring a few of Raiths players with him. It would be a solid base to start from.

One thing McGlynn is spot on with is identifying decent players. If there is a game on he will be there watching. Hopefully the rumours are all true now.  

Congratulations. He'll get you out of league 1. He's not perfect, but if you're board back him he'll get you back up without any issues. No hard feelings at all to him or Paul Smith. I was in this thread a month or two ago and said he'd be a perfect fit if he left us. I expected that to only really happen if our board wanted a change of face at the helm. We left the door wide open for Falkirk to come in and take McGlynn away from us, and its happened. After the Goodwillie situation, it's of zero surprise.

I've thought long and hard about it over the last few days since it became rumoured  - things are allowed to be nuanced and people are allowed to have conflicting feelings. The DGW stuff still makes me a little uncomfortable and I think I and others are entitled to feel that way - that influenced the way I spoke about him before. However, as others rightly pointed out, he came out in the aftermath, seeming genuinely remorseful about the whole episode. He should be definitely be allowed a fresh start with us. I'm actually just genuinely excited to be appointing a manager who has a proven record of actually fucking organising a team and decent recruitment - it should hopefully ensure we don't see a repeat of the total shambles we've seen over the last few years with people who were so under-qualified that they should never have been in the position in the first place - I'm looking at you M&M, Holt and Sheerin. Finally, fair play to the board to pull this off and convince him to come to us, particularly as it appears Raith threw the kitchen sink at it late on. Really, really hoping it pays off.

Didn't we have Spencer on trial during the Hartley debacle and didn't offer him a deal? May have made that up.

McGlynn, Bennedictus and Spencer would be a fantastic start to the window and credit to the board if they can get it sorted. Sensible and decisive, fair play.