The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The Board either leaked the story or posters on the forum are bullshitting. Either way it has damaged the clubs search for a manager

Utterly stupid as all it did was tip the wink to RR to get their finger out to keep McGynn.

Sadly all to typical of the goings on at the club and not a good look for the new board.

What should have been done. Falkirk contact RR asking can we talk to McGynn. RR most likely say ok but wait till the end of the season and keep it confidential. That's showing respect to RR and McGynn and integrity by Falkirk. 

RR fans have every right to be angry can you imagine if the boot was on the other foot that another club had been doing that to Falkirk.

WTF !!! Sorry @Hughsie

That’s some take on the situation. Will be one of the old board members stirring it (laughable that some of them can call anyone out on leaks) or one of their patsies/hangers on. 

Edited by RC55 FFC

I am not remotely in the know so this could be complete nonsense but I was told Falkirk did actually ask the Rovers for permission (which was granted) before they spoke to McGlynn last week because he is technically still under contract until the end of May. Not heard anything suggesting there has been any poor conduct in the approach of Falkirk.

The Rovers fans are angry at our own board for getting to the last game of the season before deciding what to do with our manager, I’ve not seen any anger directed to Falkirk or their board. I don’t think McGlynn could have had any complaints if he was let go after the disastrous second half of the season but the board couldn’t seem to decide either way.

We are now left in the impossible position of either losing a popular manager to a team in the league below or trying to match Falkirk’s offer by handing a long contract and large wage increase to someone who has won 3 of their last 19 league games and hasn’t won a home game since December. 

7 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

We are now left in the impossible position of either losing a popular manager to a team in the league below or trying to match Falkirk’s offer by handing a long contract and large wage increase to someone who has won 3 of their last 19 league games and hasn’t won a home game since December. 

That is a Sheerin or Rennie type of record. Why are we so keen on signing him? He is 60 now, maybe he is past his sell by date?

14 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

That is a Sheerin or Rennie type of record. Why are we so keen on signing him? He is 60 now, maybe he is past his sell by date?

People in their sixties are not automatically 'past their sell be dates' thank you very much! Maybe the guy just needs a new challenge and the Goodwillie thing may just have pissed him off a bit?

18 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

I am not remotely in the know so this could be complete nonsense but I was told Falkirk did actually ask the Rovers for permission (which was granted) before they spoke to McGlynn last week because he is technically still under contract until the end of May. Not heard anything suggesting there has been any poor conduct in the approach of Falkirk.

The Rovers fans are angry at our own board for getting to the last game of the season before deciding what to do with our manager, I’ve not seen any anger directed to Falkirk or their board. I don’t think McGlynn could have had any complaints if he was let go after the disastrous second half of the season but the board couldn’t seem to decide either way.

I also heard Falkirk asked the club for permission to speak to him as he is contracted till end of may/beginning of June and that the rovers does have intentions to keep him but we’re waiting till the season finished to enter further talks, for like budgets, contract renewals etc it will be interesting to see what happens 

2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

People in their sixties are not automatically 'past their sell be dates' thank you very much! Maybe the guy just needs a new challenge and the Goodwillie thing may just have pissed him off a bit?

I'm in my 60s Shagger and I don't have the same fire in my belly that I used to have. Just a fact of life.

So it seems we've offered him more money, a longer contract and a bigger budget but he's still considering staying at Raith.  

Hardly sounds like someone desperate to be at Falkirk.  I'd be putting a deadline on this of end of today.  If he wants to join he agrees, if not he stays where he is and we appoint someone excited to be here.  

Guest Ecosse83
3 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

So it seems we've offered him more money, a longer contract and a bigger budget but he's still considering staying at Raith.  

Hardly sounds like someone desperate to be at Falkirk.  I'd be putting a deadline on this of end of today.  If he wants to join he agrees, if not he stays where he is and we appoint someone excited to be here.  

Source?

Guest Ecosse83
5 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

If he wasn't considering it he'd have signed with us last week.  I think its odds on he'll choose us but hope its for the challenge rather than just the money.  

Last week? The season wasn’t even finjshed and he’s still under contract! 

9 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

If he wasn't considering it he'd have signed with us last week.  I think its odds on he'll choose us but hope its for the challenge rather than just the money.  

Was probably a bit busy with a game on Friday to sign last week to be fair.

29 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Is this just speculation on your part or are you ITK? Don't want HSW having another melt-down.

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The Board either leaked the story or posters on the forum are bullshitting. Either way it has damaged the clubs search for a manager

Utterly stupid as all it did was tip the wink to RR to get their finger out to keep McGynn.

Sadly all to typical of the goings on at the club and not a good look for the new board.

What should have been done. Falkirk contact RR asking can we talk to McGynn. RR most likely say ok but wait till the end of the season and keep it confidential. That's showing respect to RR and McGynn and integrity by Falkirk. 

RR fans have every right to be angry can you imagine if the boot was on the other foot that another club had been doing that to Falkirk.

FFS give it a rest and go google Tractors!

I blame Benny T's erratic opening hours, if they did a standard shift like the rest of us we could have wooed the new manager over some under cooked Calamari and a soggy bottomed pizza last week and it would have been a done deal.

Even Pep likes Pepperoni.