The Falkirk FC Thread

Apparently the striker Houston is after is Fassal El Bahktaoui who plays for Dunfermline and came through their youth system

We signed him when he was 19 so I think it's pushing it to say he came through our youth system. He's improved massively over the past 12 months though and is still only 22. Eight goals in the first four games and that's after being subbed off after an hour twice.

We signed him when he was 19 so I think it's pushing it to say he came through our youth system. He's improved massively over the past 12 months though and is still only 22. Eight goals in the first four games and that's after being subbed off after an hour twice.

I watched his goals v Brechin today, I doubt we will be interested with there being a fee involved tho.

I don't know why we shouldn't tho if it fits our needs...

What kinda fee do u think would be enough ?

I watched his goals v Brechin today, I doubt we will be interested with there being a fee involved tho.

. I was at the Brechin game. He would be one of the best players in our squad if that's representative of how he plays.

. I was at the Brechin game. He would be one of the best players in our squad if that's representative of how he plays.

Always a bit sceptical about players doing it lower levels, that and he is doing it with a full time team with 3x the budget of every other team.

Nicky Clark scored goals in that division for fun but in the championship...nope

It would be funny if we signed him...can't see it with a fee being involved, was Johnny Flynn our last transfer fee ?

Time will tell how well Miller does for us and I think this is reflected in the fact he's only been given til January. At the very least, Houston has indentified the type of striker we've been lacking.

Straight into the squad for tomorrow night?

Edited by lanky_ffc

Saturday - very frustrating but I feel we are not too far away. I'd like to see Cooper given a run instead of Smith. Smith was rubbish. Kerr was tremendous, never thought I'd ever see him hit the net from that range.

Glad to see Lee Miller back. Willing to give him a chance.

Now he's here I can't be angry, welcome home Lee. I really want this one to work out as he was one of my favourites when I was young and I only have positive memories of Lee Miller in a Falkirk top. Here's hoping that dropping a level, playing for a club he seems to genuinely care for and hopefully in a better place in a personal life, he can bring something to the club. Hopefully I'm there for his first goal.

No, was taken off Twitter, one of the hibs pages saying that us, Qots and hibs had all enquired about him

Seems like lazy journalism, Quote the three championship teams who have all received transfer fees over the summer.

With the amount he'd cost I doubt Falkirk or Queens would cash in, he isn't going to make up the difference on Hibs or Rangers so would he be worth it?

No chance are Falkirk paying a fee.

If you's somehow managed to scam poor Swansea out of another 150 grand then Faiss should really be going for at least 200, that's not how these things work though!

It would all be dependent on whether the board need the money or whether they think it would be more worthwhile keeping a hold of him and potentially letting him go for free in the summer.

I doubt if we get promoted it'd be worth his while moving to Queens or Falkirk, Hibs seems a likely destination.