The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

I appreciate your "glass half full attitude" and it is nice to have something positive to hold on to as literally everything else about and related to your club lurches from disaster to disaster. Good for you. It's all terrible but lots of people regularly watch it being terrible is your mantra. 👍

Shadwell's definitely not a glass half full kind of guy. More a glass has been drained, washed and put back on the shelf type! 🤣😝He'd be the first to agree with me too.

I can exclusively reveal our next manager will be none other than ex-Falkirk stalwart Jean-Francois Lecsinel.

Gaz
I take it this is a cut and paste from around 12 years ago? This has been aired every time we need a new manager or even a new defender.
You’d shit yourself if your many time premonition actually came true [emoji23]
Keep taking the meds [emoji106]

Everyone just forgetting McGlynn signed a rapist a few months ago, aye? Came across like the total dinosaur he is in the aftermath too, while I'm not even convinced his managerial record is all people say it is. Murray has the perfect mix of some experience, while also seeming to be on his own upward trajectory. He should be our No.1 target.

11 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Everyone just forgetting McGlynn signed a rapist a few months ago, aye? Came across like the total dinosaur he is in the aftermath too, while I'm not even convinced his managerial record is all people say it is. Murray has the perfect mix of some experience, while also seeming to be on his own upward trajectory. He should be our No.1 target.

I am in a similar place wrt to McGlynn. I do not think he is “all that”.

However, if he gets the gig, I will back him wholeheartedly until his first mistake. Thereafter I reserve the right to tear him to pieces.

27 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Murray's record is piss poor if you compare it to mcglynns. Hasn't won anything in his managerial career. Not a sausage . I'd be relatively happy with either of them but more confident that mcglynn would get us up. Also  he's a football manager not the morale compass of a football club. That's the boards job.

2 hours ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Right so, so far we have;

• Ian Murray, brief discussions had but nothing major to happen until after the playoffs if anything.
  • John McGlynn hot favourite
  • Peter Murphy another strong candidate.

Wonder how long this list will end up being by the time we actually appoint someone.

Pete Murphy? #ItsIntheCan

Oskar Schlemmer Logo GIF by joelremygif

2 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Oh this could be our equal best win of the season. QP have a minimum of two and potentially four play off games coming up. There is no way they field anything like their best XI tomorrow for a game that means nothing. As said previously, they will be playing their kids tomorrow.

Its perfect for them. Fringe players get a run out motivated that a good display could get them a game in the playoffs with regular players getting a run out as subs. Perfect preparation and beats any bounce games and training sessions.

Good luck to them.

Guest Brockvillenomore
On 25/04/2022 at 10:57, Nearly Sane said:

I mainly surf P&B and leave it be.  It's a relatively small and not necessarily representative sample of the Falkirk fans. Everybody is entitled to an opinion though and a good gossip or moan. 

Occasionally there's a newbie with an agenda, a lot surfaced after the board changes and the old guard left. The same when AT left the club.  I find these sort of posts really interesting.

When we should be striving to be together there's a small number who can't help themselves and come on here, under the cloak of anonymity, to denounce, condemn and advance personal agendas.

I find it tiresome and unnecessary tbh and sometimes, can't resist stirring the pot to see what happens. 

On the plus side we do agree on a lot and I respect your view on FSS,  but you're planted your flag on youth development (and staff at the club who are trying to get it back up and running) as a cause célèbre.

I'd trust MR's and KM's judgement on players over anybody on P&B, particularly those intent on sniping at the club and especially when that person is quick to condemn and unwilling to even acknowledge there are 2 sides to every story. 

Initially I thought you were IF but your knowledge goes way beyond sitting in the stand listening to the parents and it is all current. You are clearly on the inside on the Club (or were until recently) and something happened around the release of players. Something you don't agree with, clearly.

As I said at the outset everybody is entitled to an opinion. Did you raise your concerns within the club? If you did it didn't go well did it?  If you haven't, why not?

I had a good chuckle at the "distasteful level of arrogance and perceived superiority - hilarious" remark. Wonderful. I believe the fishing emoji I included perhaps got lost in translation. Oh the pain of being misunderstood 🥲😉

Guest Brockvillenomore
19 hours ago, Nearly Sane said:

I would guess he secretly wanted Holts job and is on his way to getting it.

You do realise in a fully functioning organisation everybody reports to the CEO and he / she reports to the Board?  

I would urge the Board to issue two documents……one for internal consumption (to begin with), and one for external communication.

The public one would clarify what the Board already know, and such is the way such things pan out, there can be an assumption that everyone else understands it to……...an organigram simply laying out job titles (with names if they wish) and the reporting lines for each position. It really would help everyone understand how it all works. When it’s clearly laid out who reports to who, it doesn’t half help in squashing a big chunk of office politics.

The internal consumption one would be more detailed in laying out job description as well as job title. I think most people have encountered situations where the new person in the £50k job just can’t stop involving themselves in the £25k job they knew so well.

1 hour ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Mcglynn is a total dinosaur imo. We won’t be going up next season if that is the standard of appointment.

Murray's record is piss poor if you compare it to mcglynns. Hasn't won anything in his managerial career. Not a sausage . I'd be relatively happy with either of them but more confident that mcglynn would get us up. Also  he's a football manager not the morale compass of a football club. That's the boards job.

While you are correct that Murray hasn’t won anything, think it’s a tad unfair to say his record is piss poor. Both have the same sort of win ratio

32 minutes ago, Brockvillenomore said:

You do realise in a fully functioning organisation everybody reports to the CEO and he / she reports to the Board?  

Not quite. The example I (kind of) know a bit about was Lawwell at Celtic. Not everyone had a reporting line to him, but key players in every single thread of Celtic business (including the football side of the business), reported to him.

Even the Board took a telling from him. Like him or not, then was no doubting that he was a real CEO.

4 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Mcglynn is a total dinosaur imo. We won’t be going up next season if that is the standard of appointment.

And you would appoint who exactly?