The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83

I’m not having a go at anyone in here in particular but why do some feel the need for the board to tell us every wee detail about the goings in with the club? To my knowledge no other clubs share tiny wee details about how it’s being run!

Yes obvious stuff like managers etc we need to know about but FFS just let the guys get on with it! 

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Unless the forum is inhabited by bullshit merchants the new board leaks like a sieve with these little snippets, told, got an inside view, was told on good authority. All that does if these leaks are true just undermines trust in the new board.

Now that is stupid when goodwill from the support is in short supply. If the board had the gumption ( which I'm beginning to doubt they have )  They issue a definitive statement regarding Budget, Manager status, Full/Hybrid/Part time, Academy, Background administration  and issue it at the final whistle next Saturday. 

They’ve stated multiple times at the various fans events we will be remaining full time next season, I thought this was common knowledge. Where is this hybrid/part time chat even coming from? 

1 hour ago, Ecosse83 said:

I’m not having a go at anyone in here in particular but why do some feel the need for the board to tell us every wee detail about the goings in with the club? To my knowledge no other clubs share tiny wee details about how it’s being run!

Yes obvious stuff like managers etc we need to know about but FFS just let the guys get on with it! 

This! 👏 

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn. said:

They’ve stated multiple times at the various fans events we will be remaining full time next season, I thought this was common knowledge. Where is this hybrid/part time chat even coming from? 

Comments made at a fans event is not a policy statement and no more than an intent. Plus there's a lot happened on the economics side of things that could change policy.

Point is still valid the board either leaks like a sieve or the forum is inhabited by bullshit merchants. 

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Unless the forum is inhabited by bullshit merchants the new board leaks like a sieve with these little snippets, told, got an inside view, was told on good authority. All that does if these leaks are true just undermines trust in the new board.

Now that is stupid when goodwill from the support is in short supply. If the board had the gumption ( which I'm beginning to doubt they have )  They issue a definitive statement regarding Budget, Manager status, Full/Hybrid/Part time, Academy, Background administration  and issue it at the final whistle next Saturday. 

They won't know the budget till they have a clear view of the financial position of the club for starters. It's going to be full time as confirmed previously by the bod . Manager will be announced once we have one I would think.  You talk about leaks but apart from Kenny miller touting himself there hasn't really been a peep from the press.  No idea why we need to know about background administration to be honest and again academy situation will depend on what cash is available to fund it 

7 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Comments made at a fans event is not a policy statement and no more than an intent. Plus there's a lot happened on the economics side of things that could change policy.

Point is still valid the board either leaks like a sieve or the forum is inhabited by bullshit merchants. 

simpsons-column.gif.14c404017b218023749e2207ce0aa04b.gif

8 hours ago, Bigbri Bairn said:
9 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:
I'd have PJ and Duncan as our preferred centre half pairing.

I would have pj's as our next strip

Paw Patrol, PJ Masks or Thomas & Friends Big Adventure?

The latter I truly believe

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

They won't know the budget till they have a clear view of the financial position of the club for starters. It's going to be full time as confirmed previously by the bod . Manager will be announced once we have one I would think.  You talk about leaks but apart from Kenny miller touting himself there hasn't really been a peep from the press.  No idea why we need to know about background administration to be honest and again academy situation will depend on what cash is available to fund it 

Does not stop the people claiming to have an inside line on what's going. The board leak like a sieve or posters on the forum are bullshitting its one or the other. Your contradicting yourself saying we are staying full time and at the same time saying. 'They won't know the budget till they have a clear view of the financial position'  Because the budget will dictate if we stay full time.

The board if they value their credibility will clarify things in the next 2 weeks.

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

A football forum inhabited by bullshit merchants.

Surely not.

10 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Does not stop the people claiming to have an inside line on what's going. The board leak like a sieve or posters on the forum are bullshitting its one or the other. Your contradicting yourself saying we are staying full time and at the same time saying. 'They won't know the budget till they have a clear view of the financial position'  Because the budget will dictate if we stay full time.

The board if they value their credibility will clarify things in the next 2 weeks.

In YOUR opinion they may not be credible but I doubt many agree with you in regard to this clarity point you seem to be pushing, surely they can’t announce anything until things are finalised regarding management or playing staff ect, I don’t see what is unusual about that. What exactly is it you want them to clarify that isn’t already clear? I presume a manager will be announced when a deal can be agreed with one, players being released will be announced at the end of May after contracts expire, early bird season tickets prices normaly then advertise about June time. (Incidentally, don’t know if you’ve noticed but online football forums do indeed tend to be inhabited by a decent percentage of “bullshit merchants” as you put it, they are hardly renowned as a font of verified, factual or reliable information with many posters simply engaging in opinion, wind up or downright agenda driven bull shit.  

Edited by LatapyBairn.

6 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

Generally, I'd agree. However, I can't really think many clubs in Scotland who have been run quite as poorly as we have in the last 10-12 years, with so many absolutely humming decisions being made by the custodians in charge.

People aren't asking to be told about the clubs' transfer targets, how much particular players are being paid, or even who is on the shortlist for manager. These things are obviously kept secret, for good reason. But with trust and enthusiasm at an all time low for a large proportion of the fanbase, it would really go a long way for greater transparency to be a priority from the new board to get fans back on-side; it would help us understand why they are making certain decisions, or indeed, not making certain decisions. This is especially important when major calls were taken by their predecessors which have had long-term, negative impacts, with little to no reasoning being given in public and no one seemingly being held accountable for these decisions.

2 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

In YOUR opinion they may not be credible but I doubt many agree with you in regard to this clarity point you seem to be pushing, surely they can’t announce anything until things are finalised regarding management or playing staff ect, I don’t see what is unusual about that. What exactly is it you want them to clarify that isn’t already clear? I presume a manager will be announced when a deal can be agreed with one, players being released will be announced at the end of May after contracts expire, early bird season tickets prices normaly then advertise about June time. (Incidentally, don’t know if you’ve noticed but online football forums do indeed tend to be inhabited by a decent percentage of “bullshit merchants” as you put it, they are hardly renowned as reliable sources of verified factual information with many posters simply engaging in opinion, wind up or downright agenda driven bull shit.  

Indeed, and that only once financials are clearly understood will the decision be made to be full time or not………but it ain’t necessarily so.
It can just as easily determine the quality of full time player we sign. If MR was to be believed, he stated in BTW that there was no skill difference between part time and full time, and part time training regimes meant there was no fitness or stamina differences either.

He stated that good part time players can be more expensive than run of the mill full timers. That could be construed that part time can be more expensive than full time.

Personally, I think he got to the point of contradicting himself that night, but that was just my opinion.

Harry Milne going to Partick Thistle still suggests that most players aim is to go full-time as per Anton Dowds when we signed him.

I think it is those clubs preference who are part-time to remain that way for various reasons rather than the argument that they can attract better part-time than full-time players.