The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Caractacus Potts
3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

There are people coming on here with agendas. Not you necessarily but there are. It is obvious to anyone with any gumption. 
The Board side of the DGW story will be asked at an AGM I am sure. I 100% think some won’t believe what they say if it differs what some have been told by others. 

I’ve certainly got no agenda. Only judge what’s going on by what’s said and what isn’t said as I will do with all boards. Still heard nothing bad about the guys in there but doesn’t mean to say I think there has been a noticeable turn around in the club and that mistakes haven’t been made. 

Anyway, the DG thing came up as you asked what other mistakes they have made and I believe that is one. The narrative of that event seems to have changed a lot from we were never in for him, the board would be trusted not to sanction his signing, we were maybe in for him but it was Rennie and the board should play no part in the signing. 

In any case, happy to move on from that but hoping that lessons are being learned and we’ll start to notice some positive changes within the club. 

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Lads, obviously a horror show of a season for you. The worst in living memory probably. For you, what was the single worst game/performance this season? 

The 6-0 versus QP was bad, but for me, not the worst. It was an aberration. An entire team decided to chuck it, so in that sense, it wasn’t a performance, it was near enough a mutiny.

I would pick something like the 1-4 v Airdrie…….it was a cumulative poison thing. MR had gone on about what a turnaround looks like (and it’s not win win win apparently). It was the game where even in our most gullible mindset, we all knew beyond doubt that for the Scottish game at least, MR was out of his cultural depth, and was getting ever closer to becoming the star of the latest Chemical Ali satire.

3 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

The 6-0 versus QP was bad, but for me, not the worst. It was an aberration. An entire team decided to chuck it, so in that sense, it wasn’t a performance, it was near enough a mutiny.

I would pick something like the 1-4 v Airdrie…….it was a cumulative poison thing. MR had gone on about what a turnaround looks like (and it’s not win win win apparently). It was the game where even in our most gullible mindset, we all knew beyond doubt that for the Scottish game at least, MR was out of his cultural depth, and was getting ever closer to becoming the star of the latest Chemical Ali satire.

Agreed, the 6-0 was embarrassing, but as fans we at least knew it would bring managerial change, with plenty of time left in the season to maybe salvage performances and a playoff. 

The routine humiliations, at home, at the hands of Airdrie, Montrose et al have just been depressing. Nothing redeemable about them at all. 

Christ I love coming on here to post 

The fact that a 6-0 defeat at the hands of Queen’s Park (or any team at this level for that matter) isn’t the unanimous worst moment of the season among supporters says it all really.

Just a horrible, horrible time to be a Falkirk fan.

8 hours ago, JulioBairn said:

The good thing about having no connection to either board means you get to call things as you see them rather than having an “agenda” either way. So here’s how I see it (FWIW)

Old regime - board full of Falkirk fans with egos who went from one disaster to another and have left the club in a complete shambles. Hopeless manager after hopeless manager and a team full of heartless imposters.

New regime - board full of Falkirk fans with egos. Hopeless manager and, despite 7 signings, we still have a team full of heartless imposters. In their short spell in charge they have also made poor decisions - DGW, Rennie and the shambolic handling of the managerial appointment. Staff leaving in numbers is also a concern that hasn’t been explained yet but I’m sure it will be and could be part of the bigger picture.

Personally, from the outside looking in, I’m disappointed by the start the new regime have made. However I do believe they will get it right and they do have a hell of a mess to tidy up behind the scenes. I’m definitely prepared to give them my backing but I will continue to callout the things I believe are wrong.

If the names I hear being considered for the managerial job are correct then I am optimistic we will make a good appointment and hopefully that is the start of our comeback.

Let’s hope it works out for all our sakes as this could be our last chance. 

Any information on the “names” or just what’s being discussed on earlier pages/posts, thanks 

Where are we getting this new board being full of Falkirk fans with egos pish from?  Unless having an ego means having to give up your time to work 7 days a week to get your club out the shitter of course .

Edited by Shadwell Dog

On 24/04/2022 at 01:49, bairn88 said:

Robbie Mutch seems like a proper good c**t. Wish the rest of them had the attitude he does 

🤣, his attitude is a joke. 

been hooring himself to Cove last 6 months, has signed for them already.

8 minutes ago, sick boy said:

🤣, his attitude is a joke. 

been hooring himself to Cove last 6 months, has signed for them already.

Think you were on here a few months ago claiming 10 out with covid for a game and a young boy was starting in goals, so forgive me for taking that rumour with a pinch of salt!

2 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Not according to Robbie he hasn't. 

Funnily enough according to him he has and has wanted to for some time.

Edited by sick boy

13 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I'd have PJ Morrison back next year.

Or Josh Rae from Queen of the South he was impressive in home game against Peterhead last year. Lewis Neilson has also yet to sign a new contract with Dundee United.